IGNORED

Man...

82-T/A

This website is so bad for me.

This is literally the only website that can pretty much put anything up for sale, and I will buy it immediately. You could practically put a steaming turd, slap a Jaguar sticker on it and cram it in a cartridge case, make a box for it... and I'd buy it.

That's DEFINITELY not to say the two games I just ordered today are anything like that... (they're awesome)... but it shows how blindly addicted I am to this Jaguar.

• Like 4

This website is so bad for me.

This is literally the only website that can pretty much put anything up for sale, and I will buy it immediately. You could practically put a steaming turd, slap a Jaguar sticker on it and cram it in a cartridge case, make a box for it... and I'd buy it.

That's DEFINITELY not to say the two games I just ordered today are anything like that... (they're awesome)... but it shows how blindly addicted I am to this Jaguar.

Just imagine having that problem for nearly any videogame or computer platform ever made! I have gotten better of late, though...

Speaking of Rebooteroids, that game is 100% up my alley, but the price is way too high for me these days. A few years back it would have been a no-brainer insta purchase.

• Like 1

Just imagine having that problem for nearly any videogame or computer platform ever made! I have gotten better of late, though...

Speaking of Rebooteroids, that game is 100% up my alley, but the price is way too high for me these days. A few years back it would have been a no-brainer insta purchase.

I used to be like that... bought pretty much every video game everything I could find at either a swap-meet or online. It definitely got out of control.

I basically unloaded almost all of it. I've got 1/10th of what I used to have. I really only have Atari and Sega stuff. And for Sega, only a Dreamcast and Saturn. I also have an NES and SNES... but only a select few games. I have my Atari 2600, 200+ games for it, and then my Atari Jaguar... and that's it.

My wife has a Wii also.

But I've gotten rid of everything else, and I feel so much better for it.

I'm selling my dogs turds in genuine kidgamer Jaguar boxes for $85 apiece. Interested?

Hahaha... you guys are so mean to that guy. Maybe I'm missing something... but he's a fan (stuck in the middle of a communist dictatorship), that spends time making cool boxes for other crazy fans. I think we should give him some slack.

I mean, I'm not going all "Leave Britney alone!" on you guys... but maybe we cut the dude some slack.

• Like 3

I understand fun yet pointless hobbies...but I personally think the time spent on the boxes by him and others would be better spent actually learning about doing graphics stuff at a higher level (simple things like DPI, image resolution, RGB vs CRY, smoothing out images etc). Gotta give him credit where it's due though, some of the boxes do look like great prototypes for real boxes.

Or, if he has a good amount of free time (which he seems to), learning to code would be a great creative and challenging outlet. Like, oooh, let's say, coding in RB+ ;) Hell, coding in Unity (free!) is a pathway to lots of good skills too. I teach coding at high school and some of my students who muck around with Unity have gone on to create things that my rusty old brain would never have thought of (let alone have the maths skills to be able to do).

• Like 1

Hahaha... you guys are so mean to that guy. Maybe I'm missing something... but he's a fan (stuck in the middle of a communist dictatorship), that spends time making cool boxes for other crazy fans. I think we should give him some slack.

I mean, I'm not going all "Leave Britney alone!" on you guys... but maybe we cut the dude some slack.

Thats how they get their Jag-asims. They stand around and circle jerk saying "hey lets pick on box boy"

The problem is he allows it.

Hes too nice about it.

Guess hes more humble than me.

I like him. Hes my friend on Facebook. Guy wants to make a box, let him make a box. Stop giving him shit. Hell I've made some boxs too granted they are for universal game cases and they are covers and not actually boxes and I use them for my custom carts. His are fantasy boxes and don't provide a function yet, but if he's having fun why bust his balls all the time?

I don't think you're missing anything, I think thats just the way things roll around here. Theres some sort of beef between the Facebook Jaguar group and the Atari age folks, I don't really know what it is nor do I care enough about it to speculate but I am a member of both groups as well as a few others on here because I'm a fan of the ATARI JAGUAR and ATARI. Not high school girl drama and in and out crowds. Its kind of sad really, especially when you see folks that are important in the community and have key roles such as writing the only Jaguar emulator than runs anything good applauding and encouraging this type of treatment to members by liking every lame joke cooked up with half witt humor. But hey man welcome to the Atari Age Jaguar scene!

Yeah dude but the guy in question Kidgamer/Roberth has only said positive things to you giving your work praise always. (Just like me, except for what I said about KM but that was just my own preference) And you are always extra rude with him. Its just not cool man. Whatever happened 8 years ago im sure he wasnt a part of it, i know im not. Seems like a long time to have a chip on your shoulders if you ask me, but hell what do I know

Yeah dude but the guy in question Kidgamer/Roberth has only said positive things to you giving your work praise always

Until he goes back to Facebook, or other forums. Seems a bit two faced to me.

Cracks me up how dumb some people are being nicey nicey on Atari Age then bitter and twisted elsewhere, and then getting all bent out of shape when they're called out on it. LOL.

• Like 2

Yeah dude but the guy in question Kidgamer/Roberth has only said positive things to you giving your work praise always. (Just like me, except for what I said about KM but that was just my own preference) And you are always extra rude with him. Its just not cool man. Whatever happened 8 years ago im sure he wasnt a part of it, i know im not. Seems like a long time to have a chip on your shoulders if you ask me, but hell what do I know

No, he doesn't. He says nice things on here, and then goes to the Facebook group to talk shit about Reboot and AA in general, and then whines about it on Facebook when he's called out for it here.

• Like 2

No, he doesn't. He says nice things on here, and then goes to the Facebook group to talk shit about Reboot and AA in general, and then whines about it on Facebook when he's called out for it here.

I haven't seen that. I'm not saying its not true, maybe I just never saw any of those comments. I have seen OTHER people saying things, but not him. The only negative thing I have seen him say lately was that Rebooteroids is kind of overpriced. To him maybe it is, there may have been other comments made after that I didn't see.

To be fair I can see the point you are trying to make. Don't be fake here and different there....

But I'm just saying can't we all just get along? The world is divided enough as it is. And why does this seem to only be happening in the Jaguar community? I just don't get it. We are all here supporting a dead console from 20+ years ago. Lets all be friends. Im not whining, im just saying that whatever this beef is regardless of who is at fault lets move on. Both sides. Im not claiming to be a saint either, I just think if we stop taking so many cheap shots at one another and start helping each other out more the community would benefit. For example, his boxes instead of trashing on him why not give him some constructive feedback? Like say "hey we don't really need a box for this game it hasnt been released yet" or "or hey your size and dye cut markers are wrong" or "make sure you get permission before starting on a box for somebody they may already have their own ideas" and then he could say stuff like "hey Rebooteroids is kind of expensive but I would really like to try it. Is there a cartridge only option for us who dont have the cash for the whole bang?" In which you would reply "unfortunately no and Al makes the prices however you can always try the public beta its free!"

Theres none of that.

Theres just "oh look another shitty box from kid gamer. I'll pass on this one my cat shit in the plant when i tried to give him the last one."

Maybe I shouldn't care so much. I just see so much talent on here and I believe if we all worked together we could do some amazing things. Everyone i have seen on here so far has at least one good talent to contribute to the scene.

Im gonna leave this subject alone now. On here and on facebook. Im done. It makes my stomach and head hurt. (Or maybe its just time for breakfast)

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

There's a reason all those butt hurt people are on facebook, and only on facebook - They've been banned from every single respectable forum for their constant idiocy and actions, and it is the last refuge they have.

It's a shame that there isn't a good facebook page for the Jaguar.

• Like 2

Honestly... not a fan of Facebook, I don't have an account. My wife does, but I just don't want to hear about all my friend's personal lives. I also can't be blamed for not friending someone, or not liking a picture of some baby or some vacation, and I don't have to see what my friends are eating every night.

I am on Twitter though, and LinkedIn.

• Like 4

Pretty excited... can't believe how alive the "scene" is.

Just got a confirmation that Flappy McFur is on it's way... and then I've got Rebooteroids and Custodian coming in the mail soon too!

Not bad for a dead system.

When all is said and done, the system will have a 30% increase in games from what Atari originally released.

Pretty excited... can't believe how alive the "scene" is.

Just got a confirmation that Flappy McFur is on it's way... and then I've got Rebooteroids and Custodian coming in the mail soon too!

Not bad for a dead system.

When all is said and done, the system will have a 30% increase in games from what Atari originally released.

30% seems a bit low ;)

52 carts from Atari? 24 completed ports, Xenon 2 plus Rebooteroids alone = 50 percent :P

• Like 2

About those ports, are you going to do a cart run for commando and the racing game everyone was excited about? I really want to play commando. Also did you finish work on the robot game? (I dont know wtf is wrong with me i cant remember the name of either, and i know these. Weird day)

Edit escape from planet of the robot monsters! Still cant remember the racing game....

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones