IGNORED

A new young generation of Intellivision collector

Rev

I hear that. The 'epic' effort it takes them to get four controllers together to play Golden Eye is amazing. I'm just happy they remember video games don't always look like real life.

This is definitely true. I am a college professor and the N64 is considered the "old school" gaming console among my students.

I found this series of videos the other day. At the beginning of the first one, I thought they were going to be douchebags crapping on the Intellivision, but they end up genuinely having fun playing these games! It was really awesome seeing them discover the mechanics of old games (mostly, they couldn't figure out B-17 Bomber, but who would!), and later actually having fun doing so.

When they play Utopia, they thought the terrorists were people of the island, so they complained when they would lose one! :lol: The entire thing is hilarious to watch! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

I found this series of videos the other day. At the beginning of the first one, I thought they were going to be douchebags crapping on the Intellivision, but they end up genuinely having fun playing these games! It was really awesome seeing them discover the mechanics of old games (mostly, they couldn't figure out B-17 Bomber, but who would!), and later actually having fun doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZGk0-c-KLY

When they play Utopia, they thought the terrorists were people of the island, so they complained when they would lose one! :lol: The entire thing is hilarious to watch! :)

-dZ.

I like their biplanes episode. Here's a link to the series.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9OAf5mf5YYfZsHehJSiv6VaYEAcXa23V

I like their biplanes episode. Here's a link to the series.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9OAf5mf5YYfZsHehJSiv6VaYEAcXa23V

Yeah, I just re-watched the Biplanes episode. They have so much fun, it's infective! I also recall having as much fun as they when playing with my cousin back in the 1980s. :)

-dZ.

Edit: I think with some Intellivision games there should be a disclaimer to read the instructions. Atari's philisophy was that games should be simple enough to pick up and play.

To be fair, playing B-17 Bomber is still hard even with the instructions. At least until you're up in the air, but getting the plane started by just playing within the "gauges" control panel is really strange.

Utopia, on the other hand, requires a bit of context to know what's going on. It is not absolutely clear that you need to build your island resources, although the two guys on the video managed to figure out that they were getting points at the end of each round and that the rain and the plants had something to do with that.

-dZ.

-dZ.

I have had that video open in a tab for a couple weeks now and been meaning to watch it one of these days. I had only watched the first few second and also having the same impression of them being douchebags. Maybe that is why i didn't watch it yet. lol

He said he has had that video open in a tab for a couple weeks now.

I guess that hearing is something we lose at our age.

I've never lost an earring! Wait, I don't even wear earrings. Furthermore, I'm not paying you to call me old! In fact, I'm not paying you at all! Also, this soup is too bland.

• Like 2