IGNORED

Any retailers selling new Wii U?

Wooly World is on of those games I originally passed on but now I need to pick up. Same with Star Fox, Twilight Princess HD, and Captain Toad TT. Gamestop is still super expensive on these, but ebay is much cheaper. I think now may be the time to grab them.

I'm holding off until March/April- I imagine when the Switch lands, the hype will pull attention away from the carcass of the Wii U and I can sneak in and pick out some good bits. (Of course, I can get away with waiting because the stuff I really want I already own.)

Last week I picked up what is presumably the last copy of Twilight Princess HD my Best Buy had for $59.99. Box was beat to hell but the Amiibo and game case were prisine. I wanted the Wolf Amiibo for BOTW also. I could have gotten a minty CIB copy at Game-X-Change for $47 without the Amiibo, but I would miss out on one of the dungeons and the Wolf transformation in BOTW when used with the upcoming game. Wolf Link Amiibo aren't exactly cheap on eBay/Amazon so I'm glad I picked up a complete copy even if I paid retail for it. The price is likely to balloon when this stuff gets discontinued. I do not believe there will be a buffet of cheap Wii-U consoles/games after Switch launch given the low sales figures.

• Like 1

You should've got it at Wal-Mart in November when it was $25.

I went into one down in Utica NY three hours after their sale started Thanksgiving night not expecting much luck, but most of the games still had multiple copies left including this one.

I'm keeping my eyes on Super Mario Maker. Plentiful copies around here and they never waver from full price. Hoping to see their prices slashed before they disappear.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I'm keeping my eyes on Super Mario Maker. Plentiful copies around here and they never waver from full price. Hoping to see their prices slashed before they disappear.

That's another one I'm waiting for to go down. I'm only mildly interested in it so I'm not paying $60 for it.

That's another one I'm waiting for to go down. I'm only mildly interested in it so I'm not paying $60 for it.

I dunno, between the popularity of the title, plus the fact that the Wii U is on its way out the door, I'm inclined to think it'll disappear completely before it gets much of a price break. Unless you're going to just wait and buy it used.

Feel the same way, but I'm being even cheaper as I'm thinking of the 3DS release. Just seems like too much because I know I won't ever make my own stages for it and the level packages aren't worth full price.

I saw two Wii U at a local Kmart yesterday. I was there looking for a DVD/VCR player. All the major box stores are sold out since they stopped making vcrs last August. But was told to check Kmart when googling online. Apparently they will hold on to old stuff till it sells.

So check a local Kmart

I found the first game mildly entertaining though I never finished it, so had no incentive to pick up the second. And I bet they still had the $50 price tag. My local Walmart has a copy of Mushroom Men for $50 btw. They can sit on it for all I care...

The second one was terrible. It relies on a two player mechanic that is gimmicky and computer AI is brain dead. Avoid it.

• Like 1

I found the first game mildly entertaining though I never finished it, so had no incentive to pick up the second. And I bet they still had the $50 price tag. My local Walmart has a copy of Mushroom Men for $50 btw. They can sit on it for all I care...

Nah, it probably has a $10 price tag. I remember seeing them at my local Wal-Marts for the same.

The second one was terrible. It relies on a two player mechanic that is gimmicky and computer AI is brain dead. Avoid it.

I also heard the Wii U version has major performance problems including massive framerate issues. Is that true?

Nah, it probably has a $10 price tag. I remember seeing them at my local Wal-Marts for the same.

I also heard the Wii U version has major performance problems including massive framerate issues. Is that true?

Don't know, I played it on the 360. It was a massive disappointment after the first one. I finished it purely out of spite, I hated it.