IGNORED

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Advice/Help thread

Tanooki

I didn't see us having one and just throwing stuff into the primary Switch thread so why not?

I'm currently as of this post (last night) going after the shock arrows, parked it with a save at the spot where you safely find the first two.

I got to digging around a bit and annoyed because the run up to Zora's Domain was sheer hell, one or nearly one(yes two) hit kills on Link. He's a wuss in this game big time. So I got to thinking I read you can pretty much with care go anywhere, even the area of Hyrule Castle too outlying areas to harvest up supplies.

Now there are a lot of shrines in the game, but not a HUGE amount by any means and just 4 elite beast bosses which give up the classic container heart, shrines do as a choice after you knock off 4 (but also a 1/6 growth of your stamina bar too.) One tip I'll give foods/potions aside at least early on get first +1 heart (to 4) and then +1 stamina because an early tower with brambles around it you have less usable landings and barely (red bar close) can stick them with +1 stamina boost.

Outside of that though, I'm thinking it maybe wise to go crazy looking for shrines just for the hearts. I did some poking online and saw that armors don't get really much better than a +3 +4 level on body, head and legs/feet which means you're just a wuss straight up, the game is made for you try and be classic 8bit godly in games not taking hits of any kind or you pay a lot or dearly with your life for it. You can alter both your hearts and stamina using cooked foods. You can create fire with flint+wood and a metal weapon slash for a spark, or fire weapons, so cook up those goodies. It almost seems to make more sense to cook up stamina boosting foods so you can get like +5-10min of a notably larger bar when needed. Hearts you can add up to like +4 to your bar temporarily though too, but a permanent life extension seems wiser.

I'm debating backing off going after that first beast once I wrangle the shock arrows since I climbed up there anyway. It might be best to just run the map, could take 3-4hours or more I imagine stupid deaths aside. But to keep pegging those challenges you could rack up I think I read enough hearts to get you a bar of a total of 11 (12 if you don't get the stamina boost.) I bring this up because the master sword is in the game, and I found out there's some trick around it (but didn't want to ruin it so I didn't dig) but you need 13 HEARTS to acquire it (like in LOZ-NES needing X hearts for White and Master Swords.) In theory you could get the shrines, every single one, knocked off + the first dungeon(2nd in my track) and have the best sword in the game.

Anyone got any strategies to share or thoughts? Think you'd rather walk the map and get all the shrines, or at least their warp points for fast travel downed? Perhaps find a high peak to glide into the castle area and be uber stealth and get good money and gear lying around from the 100 year old massacre? Seems there's plenty of options to lessen the blow of combat in this one if you go poking about before plodding along as the game points you to the main quest as weak as possible for added challenge.

That they do as do other sites, but most of them are grossly lacking anything of large substance. A site here or there has something the other doesn't, but on the whole they're very broken pieces of info cobbled together. In the coming weeks/month you should see something filled out but not now.

The idea was for people to share their progress and tips in here, not to write a faq. Its kind of an open ended game on how to approach it, maybe it would be smart to have people share how they're taking it on.

Going to the first dungeon fast as possible? Perhaps taking 6+ hours and running the map to unlock shrines if not clear them (and towers) to get warp points? Plenty of options to go around on the how too, perhaps better farming areas for body parts you can swap for cash.

I triggered the opportunity to get to the beast/master dungeon at Zora's domain, but have decided to go exploring elsewhere first. This has actually made up the majority of my experience, putting off main quest goals for exploration. Often times I stumble my way across other random goals and take care of them (that's how I found Zora's domain to begin with), but some of them have fed into upgrades (i.e., Shrine completions, or Korok seeds for inventory expansion) and even other unexpected bosses (a dragon spirit atop a frozen mountain).

One thing that is frustrating is that you can't seem to buy weapons anywhere in the game. Bows are pretty important, but they break like anything else does. If you use explosive arrows with an entry level bow that is only rated for 4 damage, you are still only going to do 4 damage despite the explosive arrows costing a lot more than regular arrows. I have started focusing on taking out the spider/turret machines in the main field outside of Hyrule Castle, and arrows are really important against them especially. But, if you can't find a decent bow, then you're just wasting arrows and potential damage. I wonder if there will eventually be a weapons shop later on in the game? At this point I have to fast travel back to areas that I know have stronger enemies, grind out a bit to get a few bows, and then go back to whatever I was doing.

*edit - I just verified that the damage indicator on the weapon select screen isn't exactly what you will dish out (for instance, stronger arrows do indeed do more than the base value), but you will still do less damage with weaker bows than you will stronger ones.

Edited by Austin

I think it stacks. Let's say a bomb arrow does +10 (also sets things on fire for more damage too) but you use a cheap bow with a 4 rating it's 14, but if you use a later bow with maybe 20 on it, then you'll do 30 damage a shot (plus fire.)

I got beyond the Lynel and snagged 25 shock arrows, he almost saw me to start as I ran out at a bad time. Had to circle a rock for like 5-10min eventually to get him to walk off, after that I just went around, kept him well away and snapped up all I could without being spotted! From there I went on the run I said I would. Did 8 shrines, added 2 hearts (now at 6) to my life bar. Also did 2 towers Eldin and the Akk?(whatever it's got purple goo and a busted fortress under/around it) as well unlocking 2 big map pieces over and west of the Zora area. Also found a korok seed in the Eldin area on top of a mount with some rocks I bombed out. I had notched 5-6 shrines previously looking out from Lanryu tower I think it is (Zora area) and found the others within sight of where I walked to. Also did a lv1 update to Zora armor taking it to a 5 being the best I have.

I think I'll go south/east of kakariko next time, or perhaps northwest. SW is death, it's a desert which I can't take the heat. I want to knock off all the shrines possible to extend that life bar as much as I can before bothering with the guardian at the Zora.

I think I'll go south/east of kakariko next time, or perhaps northwest. SW is death, it's a desert which I can't take the heat. I want to knock off all the shrines possible to extend that life bar as much as I can before bothering with the guardian at the Zora.

It gets cold at night. Your first trek across the desert will require some stat boosting elixrs, though you can continue normally during twilight. Cold at night, hot during the day, only comfortable around Twilight. Cook up some stat boosting elixors or chilly foods at the stable outside the pass before you reach the desert, then you can bare the heat. There is an outpost there followed by Gerudo town, but gaining entrance is an entire side quest of it's own. I won't spoil it for you.

Lastly if you journey further out, it is possible to go off grid and your tablet will go static. It is not a fun place to be when you lose your way, visibility is poor and you are lost without usage of your Shieka slate, however if you stumble upon a shrine somewhere off-grid and activate it, the range on the Skeika slate will be restored.

Ironically the first mystical beast I found was in the desert direction. I also got to the bird town with the flying bird beast. Stumbling across the path to Zora's Domain was a huge undertaking. This Eastern region of the map rains almost 24/7, so scaling anything rock or stone is all but impossible. Also getting stuck on a mountain top during a thunderstorm is an experience in and of itself. I love how the ever changing weather keeps the game fresh. I also got the Topaz earrings from a vendor in Gerudo town by completing a side quest. These protect against electric attacks and lightning, should make the pathway to Zora's a bit easier, but I haven't started on it yet.

Finally the fourth mystical beast in the northeast corner totally eludes me. Try as I might, I cannot seem to cross the mountain pass (due to incessant rain) on the eastern side, so I'm guessing I'll have to cross over the area due north of the plateau surrounding Hyrule Castle, which have guardians literally everywhere, and one hit KOs from the laser. I actually infiltrated the castle early in the game, climbing all the way to Princess Zelda's study with four hearts and no stamina upgrades. That was a chore to get into. The reviewer on NintendoLife was right to say heading straight to Ganon is a suicide mission.

Still can't figure out how to locate that foruth objective in the northeast for the Four mystical beasts primary objective though. Good news is my hardcover strategy guide should be arriving from Amazon later today.

And in the northwest area there's a tall mountain with an extremely addictive and fun minigame at the summit. Note you'll need +2 cold protection to get there.

You will master the art of shield sledding. Basically Link jumps on top of his shield and rides it down the mountain like a snowboard. Note that sledding will eventually destroy your shield, so best to use something useless like a pot lid, not a good combat worthy shield.

Have nothing to do with the main quest but I find this mechanic incredibly addicting and the fact they even added it to the game shows the developers have thought of everything.

One thing is to use the Shrine locator on your Shieka tablet to unlock and use as waypoints. These contain puzzles or enemies. Many of the puzzles I have figured out, however the ones that state "A minor test of strength," well forget those. I beat one so far, like a miniature guardian, using an ancient tech weapon. You don't have to beat the shrine in order to use it as a warp point. Near every village and stable, there is a shrine nearby. Activate it and use it for fast travel.

Then there are the towers which each serve to complete portions of the world map. I've activated a lot of them, however I stumbled across a handful of towers that seem impassable. One of them was surrounded by thorns, however I've got special stamina pants for scaling rocks, and two more segments to my stamina wheel. The extra headway can be incredibly useful, whether for climbing, evading enemies, swimming, or sailing to far away distant points (if you run out of stamina high in the air, you may fall to your death; however you can save yourself when the stamina bar turns red, to freefall and then use your last remaining stamina to open your chute just before you hit ground).

And lastly, the topic of horseback riding. Taming wild horses can be fun and rewarding, and you can quickly evade enemies, however fighting enemies on horseback has it's disadvantages. You aren't as mobile on a horse, if a bit faster, and more often than not, caring for your horse gets in the way of exploration. You cannot forage for minerals, food, or items dropped by enemies while on horseback, so you'll find yourself dismounting all the time to collect stuff. The few times I've tried to navigate the map on horseback, I've regretted taking it out with me and have to babysit the horse or backtrack to a stable for board it.

And finally, I've heard the Wolf Link Amiibo imparts special powers to call upon a wolf helper. I need to try this out sometime and maybe unleash it on a Bokoblin den or something.

One thing is to use the Shrine locator on your Shieka tablet to unlock and use as waypoints. These contain puzzles or enemies. Many of the puzzles I have figured out, however the ones that state "A minor test of strength," well forget those. I beat one so far, like a miniature guardian, using an ancient tech weapon. You don't have to beat the shrine in order to use it as a warp point. Near every village and stable, there is a shrine nearby. Activate it and use it for fast travel.

Wait until you get to the "Major test of strength" ones.

• Like 1

What's everyone's status in the game?

I'm still plucking away.. 62 shrines in, two stamina bars, 15 hearts, all towers found, working on the third Divine Beast now... whew. This is starting to feel like a job! Haha.

I still need to explore the Death Mountain area and the Northern wooded area (where I assume the Lost Woods is located), and I need to go back to places I've already been and explore some more. I'm sure I'm missing some other shrines in places I've already visited.

I have no idea how far really. I can't seem to find shrines very well, they elude me and I really don't have any idea why. I've found a couple pop ups like the one near the bandits and the goron hot plate. Currently I have 10 hearts and 2 stamina expansions with no spare orbs for another yet. I've opened both tech labs, maxed the first, can buy the expensive guardian goodies at the other. Got all the desert female armor, the amber earrings and an anti flame circlet from there too. Got the flame breaker armor and legs today to go with the head piece from the gerudo. All towers are unlocked. Not sure on seeds I pretty sure I've got all the use 3 seeds to +1 tier on the koroks so far. Also unlocked my way through the lost woods for later if I can find 12 more shrines that aren't major pains in the ass combat I can't beat (have 2.)

The trick with the combat shrines is keeping your distance. The guardians will eventually wind up into a charge attack, at which point you hide behind a rock pillar. They will smash into it and go dizzy, in which you can then attack safely. Rinse and repeat. Use the upgraded Stasis ability to get some free hits at times they are chasing you down normally.

Upgraded Stasis is a huge boon in this game. I can't imagine defeating the Lynels consistently without it. Pretty much a single three-hit combo attack by them will destroy any shield I have. Stasis lets me avoid many of their attacks that would normally hit and it lets me dish out a lot more damage to big enemies for free.

Somebody already did a sub- 1 hour any% speed run with three hearts and one stamina boost. Not too bad spoiler-wise since he cut most of the cutscenes and the in game language is geerman, but I would advise anyone to abruptly stop watching once Ganon is defeated. I stoped there as I want to discover the ending myself.

• Like 3

The trick with the combat shrines is keeping your distance. The guardians will eventually wind up into a charge attack, at which point you hide behind a rock pillar. They will smash into it and go dizzy, in which you can then attack safely. Rinse and repeat. Use the upgraded Stasis ability to get some free hits at times they are chasing you down normally.

Upgraded Stasis is a huge boon in this game. I can't imagine defeating the Lynels consistently without it. Pretty much a single three-hit combo attack by them will destroy any shield I have. Stasis lets me avoid many of their attacks that would normally hit and it lets me dish out a lot more damage to big enemies for free.

I don't have an issue on any of it until the majors with the last part with the death laser when it's down to like 20% health left. I probably should have tried statis, but at that time it would have failed as I just upgraded it last night to the PLUS version that'll lock down enemies too. I probably could go in there and destroy it now with care.

I don't have an issue on any of it until the majors with the last part with the death laser when it's down to like 20% health left. I probably should have tried statis, but at that time it would have failed as I just upgraded it last night to the PLUS version that'll lock down enemies too. I probably could go in there and destroy it now with care.

Well, I killed my first full-sized Guardian tonight. No plot spoilers, but I thought I'd use the tags anyway since it contains a lot of detail of my recent journey...

Stupid thing was, I didn't even think to use my newly upgraded stasis on it. :dunce: I was in a field full of dead guardians which seemed like a treasure trove for ancient tech (I was on my path to the second tech lab) and surely one of them sighted me. I had an inventory of leftover unused shock arrows from the Zora divine beast quest. Unlike the previous bird beast (Rito was the first beast I pursued) which ate 30-something bomb arrows, the elephant beast I did not waste a single arrow before taming it. Technically it was my second beast to be tamed, but I left to do other things after I earned the final shaft necessary to upgrade my bombs, then decided to pursue the second tech lab instead of fight the boss. So much stuff to do in this go anywhere game, it's almost like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel when deciding what to pursue next.

I had some nice weaponry on me so I had at it. I've got some nice bows with triple damage plus shock arrows and also got in some hack and slash action on the brute. Every time he activated the beam, I ducked behind one of the dead guardians that littered the field, and he fired at it with the laser, but could not hit me. I'd wait till he turned around, run up to him and slash at it some more. It seems you can knock it over revealing a soft spot under it's belly, which I hit with a shock arrow. Anyway it rights itself and activates it's laser, I duck behind the dead guardian, and we parry for a while. Once it hit me and I once took near lethal damage down to a quarter heart, but rejuvenated with a full health +4 meal. I finally killed the stupid thing and the field was littered with ancient tech parts in the area that I bested it.

Grabbed my horse and kept riding and made it back to the second tech lab, but the blue flame torch path to light is a son-of-a-bitch second go round. I used my ice sword to rid the area of those lizardos (two hits to kill, and the first freezes them so they can't counterattack), but then nightfall came and the bone spear lizzards are spawning everywhere. I have eight hearts and one spear hit could do me in, so I decided to wait out the night, no campfires to sit at so just let the clock run, but blood moon foiled my plan respawning all the enemies I had just cleared from the field, followed by a thunderstorm in the morning (you cannot carry a torch in the rain). I saved and quit, and will probably warp somewhere else to forage, cook some meals, or restock on food and supplies. I've got enough luminous ore at 70 rupees a pop to last a very long time if I come up short on rupees.

Last time the weather did not cooperate with the first blue flame run, but I was in a peaceful village, not an enemy riddled field, and slept by the fires until the weather changed. One good thing, all that ancient tech loot I picked out of that guardian I defeated will make the upgrades easier.

It's funny I should write that. I got tied up in some stuff last night be ended up still doing time on Zelda. Ultimately it wasn't even what I was looking to do but ended up being infinitely more rewarding in the end.

I had planned to unlock the Goron area entirely, got the shrines down and junk no problem, but then I went and had the little guy open the up the draw bridge for the boss. Not realizing there was something actually to this I went across. I thought I was doing prep work for the dungeon and well that was wrong. I didn't want to do the dungeons until I had at least the master sword if not some nicer gear, oh well. Got up the mountain in one try, then it automatically tossed my ass on the back of the big beast (damnit I thought until I saw it was a teleport spot.) But I got curious and walked inside, amazing, dark. I was surprised to see there's actually no enemies inside really, just those creepy purple corruption eyes. Won't ruin all the details but I ended up in not much time setting it up for the boss, and was like whatever I want to see this, but hadn't intended to play further as it was starting to get late. I kicked the shit out of fireblight ganon on the first attempt, dude never touched me once and I'm no expert at sword play. Starting to wonder what I was worried about. Riding off getting another heart and a nice boost power too, I talked out the rest of the Goron stuff with them happy, and then ported over to the Akkala Tech Lab.

I sailed (with literally 1 second to spare with +2 stamina on my bar) to that labyrinth on the map. I'm not a fan of puzzles, so what do I do? Scaled the wall, cheated the puzzle entirely, dropped down next to the the shrine door (luck first try) and found an opening. Went in found a fire sword, backed that off, found the shrine. Awesome was I never had an instant win shrine, the puzzle I effectively skipped got that cleared. I then walked forward and into a trap I guess, didn't see the hole. I went way down and found a room with what should be dead guardians everywhere, oops no. Got lots of parts then found a walker. First time I ever killed one of the punks and never would have if I hadn't days ago picked up the upgrade to stasis. I ended up lopping off enough legs I stranded the thing, had been using bombs to flip it too, once it was down I'd just lock it, sword it a lot with that one I just found (the flame breaker) and it went down. That really made the night. Did basically what you did up there, didn't remember you could lock them down. Maybe I should go take out those 2 major shrines I left standing.

But no I took it further, just west of that is this shadowy bog which is pitch black, Rattled around in the mostly dark for awhile lighting up bird torch statues. Eventually I found the shrine was locked, needed an orb, and orb around a Hinox neck...argh. Never fought one before but after that blind slog I wasn't leaving. Ends up he's a moron. I ran him in circles around this stone/rock pencil shaped hump mostly using just bombs to chip away and a few ice arrows until the jerk croaked (never touched me too.) Again, another shrine, and it was a freebie too as the Hinox was it.

And that's how last night went.

Oh and as you pointed out good one on the luminous stone. I found out an interesting thing if it's true. All the rare earth gems, unless you want stuff made by the gerudo they're more worth it in cash. Their stuff anyway you can't upgrade so it's stuck, while the actual helmets can be. I see no value in wasting expensive gems on that when you can cash out some really nice armor or supplies. Unless I'm missing something and the 3rd or 4th great fairy can use such things. I've only unlocked 2 of them so far, and beefed up my gear at the 1st only.

• Like 1

The trick to defeating the Lynel and getting the shock arrows? Don't fight the Lynel and just get the shock arrows. I got 24 without him even noticing I was there, without any stealth buffs. I then completed Vah Ruda with 5 hearts. It's not that tough if you give it a go.

That's honestly the underlying trick for anything in this game: don't fight unless you have to. When you do, be a tricky sumbich. :)

Edited by Agamon

That pretty much covers it. Find a ledge, a ridge, anything someone can't reach you, spam bombs and arrows, roll rocks, or drop something metal and watch it all go squish. Larger nasties, upgrade that statis rune fast to plus, then you can lock them down. The strongest only hold for maybe 3 seconds, weaker go longer. Lock them down, beat the hell out of them for a moment, then retreat...with guardians and lasers, bait them to a 'wall' they can shoot all they like and miss on, even if it's the skeleton of a dead one of their own. I wasn't kidding when I said before the most stuff I use in the game is the paraglider, the bombs, and some arrows too. Too easy to die if you get in close unlike anything else Zelda. The one exception to that for me was the one dungeon blight I mentioned. I rushed him, got in touch range, then just kept swinging for the fences while hopping to the side/behind him and his life bar cratered in moments. The one point you can't, not much going there, tossed a bomb at him, slammed to the ground, and beat on it so badly it didn't get back up again and went to the third stage of the fight which is a nastier version of the first. Went right back in and clocked him. I doubt the other three will be that monumentally easy but they can't be that much worse either.

You are aware that thorns burn right? That is how I got past several areas that have lots of thorns. Just set part of them alight on fire and the whole damn thing burns up. I cleared a shrine surrounded by them this way and in another part of the game that had thorn sections in a cave.

Just..thought Id mention that...

Also there was one tower that seemed impossible given the height before the first platform. I then realized there were these large plates laying around. Knock them away with statis and sword hits and they uncover things. Treasure chests...fruit....a hole in the ground with constant updraft near that seemingly impossible tower...

The great thing about the game is how you can tackle so many different situations in so many different ways. I got a super jump ability from the air beast, and that has let me get around many things. I then explored elsewhere for a long time, and when I went back to the water beast, I went straight to it without fighting the Lynel because I amassed loads of shock arrows elsewhere. Although had I known the Lynel was there, I would have gone after it anyway because it's a good challenge and has excellent drops. It seems everyone's experience is different, which is awesome.

NOW that's a good tip on the water blight. I've got bows well in that range and over it from a single or double strike.

I was tinkering for like 30min earlier this afternoon, about to go back in. I found my back way into Hyrule Castle proper, greased bunch of jailed trouble, wasted a Hinox who was dumb as a bag of rocks just running in circles into bombs I'd drop behind me and got the Hylian Shield. Then I tried another entry point to the east of that (dead center high on the world map) and found a hidden shrine so now I have an indoor save spot. Annoyingly, a major test of my patience shrine so I didn't bother other than cracking the save/warp spot on it.

I sit now at 12 hearts once I cash in the 4 orbs I have, so I need to 1) find four more shrines or 2) Crush another dungeon as I want that master sword. Big motivator in that it doesn't break, but can need eventual time to recover from over usage.

Somebody already did a sub- 1 hour any% speed run with three hearts and one stamina boost. Not too bad spoiler-wise since he cut most of the cutscenes and the in game language is geerman, but I would advise anyone to abruptly stop watching once Ganon is defeated. I stoped there as I want to discover the ending myself.

I love speedruns, thanks for posting this

From the Switch thread (I removed the spoiler tags). My status in the game, so far so good...

I seem to be following a similar path as you, although I made it into the Yuki hideout before my strategy guide arrived, I quickly gave uo and have yet to return to it. So far I got the Rito Bird granting me soaring abilities, and the Zora Elephant granting me healing if I fall in battle. That wind powerup was extremely useful in completing the towers. I've been upgrading my stamina evenly with heart containers, but my latest Shrine puzzles I have 32 Shrines beaten and two divine beasts, totalling ten upgrades. There is a statue nearby the Hatani village with the first tech lab. Behind the village there is a Statue that buys back upgrades allowing you to swap stats. I exchanged my Stamina upgrades for heart containers and gain 13 containers, enough to pull the master sword. Then I returned and exchanged four heart containers for four stamina refills, so I'm currently walking around with the master sword, 9 heart containers, and an 80% full second stamina wheel.

So I can't conquer the Volcano region without the flame retardant armor, and have no clue where to buy it (don't tell me yet), so next on the agenda is to infiltrate the Yiga clown hideout and steal back the lightning helmet. I bought the full stealth set from Kariko village (sorry I can't spell the place names) and even look like a Yiga now. That suit should be indespensible for slipping past the guards undetected. They have become very easy to defeat in the field as I gain strenth, but taking on six or seven at once is still a foll's errand.

As for the quill set, I only have the Rito pants so far. Combined with the warm tunic and ruby circlet (I have all the wearable jewelery from Gerudo town now), I would technically have +3 cold resistance, and so far I haven't found any map locations colder than -2. I will inevitably buy it but I am low on funds since I sold much of my precious stones to afford the stealth gear. And it has bitten me in the ass since I ned 20 luminuous stones (to trade the Zora for diamonds) or two diamonds to upgrade my diamond circlet (Guardian resistance up).LOL nice. I finally unlocked the final Tower in the Volcano/Goron region. Since I beat the bird I can now soar into the heavens making scaling Towers a breeze. I've also got climbing boots powered up by the Great Fairy, and my wall-scaling skills rival Spiderman. That last Tower has some super annoying Electro-wizards who will follow you up the tower and deal some unwanted shock therapy. I saved immediately when I reached the landing, and they harrassed me until I dropped all my weapons and expired. Fun fact, if you save in a dangerous location, enemies will not respawn if close to link. When I resumed after the game over screen, I was free to scale the tower free of harassment. Last Tower unlocked, entire Hyrule map extracted! ;-)

The trick to defeating the Lynel and getting the shock arrows? Don't fight the Lynel and just get the shock arrows. I got 24 without him even noticing I was there, without any stealth buffs. I then completed Vah Ruda with 5 hearts. It's not that tough if you give it a go.

That's honestly the underlying trick for anything in this game: don't fight unless you have to. When you do, be a tricky sumbich. :)

Well after getting killed twice, I took the two arrows I had and left. I gave up and bought some shock arrows from Gerudo town. I came back with a bow that shoots triple arrows and on my second attempt (once I figured out what to do) tamed Ruda using only four arrows (that was a far cry from the Rito village bird beast attempt where the targets were much, much smaller. I had 40 stock of bomb arrows and probably wasted most of them). The excess inventory of shock arrows came in handy for waterblight Ganon. Kinda neat the game has a bug where double and triple arrows only deplete your stock one at a time while dealing more damage.