IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback 2?

mr_intv

Thanks for the link. Yes, a meeting did take place last week, but keep in mind that everything is still tentative, including game lists and whether or not this will go into production, not just when. So hopefully expectations are tempered if for some reason this doesn't work out.

Keith Robinson, the main Intellivision man, said

Keith Robinson

As I announced at Arcade Expo 3.0 last weekend, At Games, manufacturer of the Intellivision Flashback console informed us that they would like to release an Intellivision Flashback 2.0 later this year and that they do intend for it to have at least 15 games not on the original console, HOWEVER, there has been NO announcement of any new games yet. While we all would love to see the Data East and TRON games included, negotiations are just beginning and nothing has been finalized yet. Stay tuned!

Hopefully in the coming weeks everything will be officially official with what games will be added. I really thought a FB 2 would never see the light of day so it's fantastic that meetings are/have taken place. :)

Yes

While we're at it, I'm still in the market for a nice portable Intellivision, maybe a new and improved Intellivision Lives on the New 3DS.

Yes

While we're at it, I'm still in the market for a nice portable Intellivision, maybe a new and improved Intellivision Lives on the New 3DS.

Maybe we'll get a portable intellivision Flashback similar to the Atari portable Flashback someday. Edited by mr_intv
  • Like 1

Too bad the iFB 2 won't be in the theme of the Inty 2 console motif.

And then the iFB 3 could be in the System III motif

At least costs are lower with the molds already done. This might encourage them further...

At least costs are lower with the molds already done. This might encourage them further...

Exactly, that is why I am thinking that the iFB2 will not be Inty II motif. The molds are already done for the original console.

Also, word should be sent to Keith that when production ramps up that he should stock up on spare controllers, so they are not constantly out of stock.

• Like 1

Yes

You mean one that doesn't cut off the bottom of the screen in Minotaur/Treasure of Tarmin so that the game is actually playable?

Still bitter.

• Like 2

Exactly, that is why I am thinking that the iFB2 will not be Inty II motif. The molds are already done for the original console.

Also, word should be sent to Keith that when production ramps up that he should stock up on spare controllers, so they are not constantly out of stock.

And overlays! :P

You mean one that doesn't cut off the bottom of the screen in Minotaur/Treasure of Tarmin so that the game is actually playable?

Still bitter.

Intellivision played on nintendo is sacrilege anyways. And some people think it's wrong to play on emulation and not actual hardware! :roll:

Currently AT Games is rumored to be making the Atari Flashback 8 with an HDMI video output. I wonder what the chances are of a possible Intellivision 2 Flashback following suit? Thinking "happy" thoughts on this one! :cool:

Edited by atarifan88

Currently AT Games is rumored to be making the Atari Flashback 8 with an HDMI video output. I wonder what the chances are of a possible Intellivision 2 Flashback following suit? Thinking "happy" thoughts on this one! :cool:

That would be cool, as long as the games are still in the correct 4x3 aspect ratio (or the option is there if it's not set by default). I for one can't stand 4x3 screens being stretched to 16x9 - games, movies, anything. Really bugs me.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 3

That would be cool, as long as the games are still in the correct 4x3 aspect ratio (or the option is there if it's not set by default). I for one can't stand 4x3 screens being stretched to 16x9 - games, movies, anything. Really bugs me.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

Anything HD from AtGames this year will be 4:3 native. If the Intellivision Flashback 2 does end up getting made, I don't anticipate an HD model, unfortunately.