IGNORED

Deset Bus - Official Endurance Contest

OK, OK - I'm going to extend this. Until PRGE. Which means you have until 23:59 (Pacific time), October 22 to complete it. I'd really like to release some more secrets on the one year release anniversary, but said secrets would allow you to essentially cheat this contest. Ignorama, that should give you time to try it, depending on how the shipping goes. Same easier rules apply - prove that you've driven a full run (in Desert Bus, give me the odometer readings when the 5 bugs hit the windshield. And in Arctic Bus, just grab a picture of the Dawson City splash screen) and you'll get a prize.

If anyone's insane enough to do a double run (16 hours), you will be crowned grand champion of Desert Bus, with a little something extra! You'll need to get a picture of the 2nd destination welcome screen (Tucson or Whitehorse).

And yes, bathrooom breaks are hard. That's part of the challenge. When people do this on other platforms, they do it in teams for a reason :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and germs, we have someone, right now, competing for the title of Ultimate Intellivision Desert Bus Champion. I have definitive proof of an 8 hour leg completed. They're going for the round trip - 16 hours of straight driving!

If he makes it to the end he will probably be driving the "porcelain bus"

What a sadistic challenge to win some crappy....I mean high quality vinyl banner.

Edited by Utopia

Nope, because we made it with a team :) I told a friend about this challenge and his reply was "sounds fun", so I asked freewheel if its okay to play the game with two players. He said it is and so two german people, who like to drive a bus, went on a loooong journey. We are at 335 Miles right now on the second trip, so if nothing goes wrong (oh lord, please no) we reach Tucson in about half an hour.

The "funny" part: We failed our first try, which seemed to be impossible, at 359 miles on the first trip. No joke, we drove 359 miles and then overheated the bus. That was the moment when I realized how deep Desert Bus is, because I never felt a loss in a Videogame so painful in my heart and stomach. I was so angry, so sad and also kind of empty at the same time.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 4

We have a winner! Apparently you guys were right, and Germans are insane when it comes to driving sims. Ignorama has sent me more than enough proof that he (with friend) has indeed driven 16 straight hours in INTVDB.

Nothing pleases a sadist artist more than to see their creation used and appreciated to its fullest. Especially to hear that they drove 6-7 hours in addition, for nothing. That's just awesome. These guys basically played 24 hours of DB.

I'll put your prize package together this weekend, hopefully. And I'll get working on setting up ROM sales. Plus I'm going to release the rest of the cheat codes. No reason someone else can't enjoy this without the pain.

• Like 7

Thank you guys for the kind words :) As the title says its an Endurance Contest and with a friend it gets much easier. Alone its probably impossible, at least for me, because I just can't play that long without any bathroom breaks.

In fact we watched old Royal Rumble Matches on WWE Network and time went by pretty quickly considering what we did.

So its may not the greatest game-experience, but it also wasnt wasted Time. Just hat Fun and drove a bit Bus meanwhile. And of corse: Vegas Baby :lol:

• Like 2

Thank you guys for the kind words :) As the title says its an Endurance Contest and with a friend it gets much easier. Alone its probably impossible, at least for me, because I just can't play that long without any bathroom breaks.

In fact we watched old Royal Rumble Matches on WWE Network and time went by pretty quickly considering what we did.

So its may not the greatest game-experience, but it also wasnt wasted Time. Just hat Fun and drove a bit Bus meanwhile. And of corse: Vegas Baby :lol:

Fun is what its all about !!!!

Cheers !!!

• Like 1

True.

And a big thank you to freewheel and all other developers/publishers who offer rewarded competitions. Its a very nice gesture, because they just throw in there own money (for shipping) and stuff! As a collector its also very nice to get hands on some really rare items that way :D

Edited by Ignorama

Ignorama is definitely the INTVDB champion! But there's still time - I'm going to give it this week to see if anyone else is insane enough to try, and then for the one year anniversary, release ROMs for sale and the various cheat codes that no one's bothered to figure out. Hopefully a few people can at least use those to see some more of the game's features (without driving 8 hours, lol).

There are still prizes available, sadists!

Ignorama is definitely the INTVDB champion! But there's still time - I'm going to give it this week to see if anyone else is insane enough to try, and then for the one year anniversary, release ROMs for sale and the various cheat codes that no one's bothered to figure out. Hopefully a few people can at least use those to see some more of the game's features (without driving 8 hours, lol).

There are still prizes available, sadists!

There's also still time for you to book a quick weekend trip to Portland. ;) Just sayin.

• Like 1