IGNORED

Soul Star (new)

Atari-Jess

Lets be honest, I highly doubt if AtariAge has express and direct permission to offer copyrighted material for downloading. And unless my math is wrong it hasn't been 50yrs since the copyright was issued (I believe its 75yrs for originals, 50yrs on Work for Hire.. I could be wrong). And I doubt if AtariAge checks to make sure that all downloads are made only by people who own the original cartridge. And I believe AtariAge even makes an offer to burn you a copy of a ROM onto a cartridge and mail it to you for a small fee. Clearly, this is all breaking the rules and laws that are clearly set forth, especially since AtariAge says in their own Beginners Guide to Emulation:

My understanding is that Atari-Age will not post any items that the owners of them request that they do not post. REGARDLESS of if the copyright has expired or not.

The difference is that if Atari-Age were run by "Repo-Planet" any person requesting that their material be taken off would get a long string of lame excuses, followed by smug denial of any wrongdoing, ending with a challenge to "go ahead and sue me!" I have done nothing wrong!

As a matter of fact, from what I have seen on Atari-Age, the people who run this place make every effort to obtain the rights to things they publish. I've seen numerous Atari books and magazine articles no longer in print that they have posted with a clear statement of having obtained the rights.

did anybody see that new brawny commercial where the housmaids arm turned into a buff guys arm? Thats just nasty as hell...

Hmm, wasn't Minux coding his games in HTML?

Perhaps we should ask him for demo-files which we now could fire up under Contiki?

Matthias

He said he was coding his Jag game in C++ using Project Builder in Linux. :D

hi,

isnt assembler better than c? since the speed will be faster than c++.

best regards,

Vyeyendra Ramnares

Dragonforce

T-sars you must live in a whiter then white world of morals & virtues.

it is commendable but unfortunately mis-guided.

If retro-pedaphile thinking that following rules and laws is "misguided"m I wonder what other criminal activities he thinks are justified? Rape? Drugs? Terrorisn? Armed Robbery?

T-Bird I think you have seriously lost the plot with this one. You don't agree with what happened, indeed it may be againt ebay policy. But likening it to something as serious as Rape and Terrorism is going WELL too far..

whats next, you going to liken an 8 year old stealing a 10p sweet to genocide?

If you are going to compare, why not go along the same lines? copyright infringement is more akin than terrorism. even if you intentionally ripped ebay off a few $ then I don't think anyone is hurt, just the same as if you rip off Madonnas latest CD. The things you are comparing it to however are entirely different.

ARe you saying you have NEVER commited ANY crime no matter how small no matter how naive you were at the time? That I think is VERY hard to believe. If you are going to rant like this about something as trivial as somone going against ebay policy I think you should look back at anything you may have done in the past (perhaps that time you went 5MPH over the speed limit?)

So why not stop exagerating beyond extremes and at least TRY to keep your points in the realm of the real world?

"thunderbird", you have completely confused me. Your original argument was that the auction should not have been pulled and sold to someone privately as this is against Ebay rules.

Now that this has been refuted by a number of people (you definitely CAN end the auction early if the item is no longer for sale via Ebay) you seem to have changed tack completely and are arguing that the description was misleading, which is against Ebay rules, and therefore the auction should not have been allowed to go ahead. Furthermore, you have said that this type of item cannot be sold legally via Ebay.

For whatever reason the auction was pulled, and the item was not sold via Ebay. What is your argument exactly?

Try and at least come up with something coherent in your next (undoubtedly hilarious) response...

T-Bird I think you have seriously lost the plot with this one.  You don't agree with what happened, indeed it may be againt ebay policy.  But likening it to something as serious as Rape and Terrorism is going WELL too far..

Not really. It's a statistical fact that career criminals start off getting away with petty crimes and work their way up to major crimes. It's only a matter of time.

If you are going to compare, why not go along the same lines?  copyright infringement is more akin than terrorism.  even if you intentionally ripped ebay off a few $ then I don't think anyone is hurt, just the same as if you rip off Madonnas latest CD.  The things you are comparing it to however are entirely different.

Oh great. I should have guessed that you would condone music piracy. It's the old "Nobody gets hurt" theory.

Perhaps if you ever make a Jag game and people pirate it THEN you will get the point!

ARe you saying you have NEVER commited ANY crime no matter how small no matter how naive you were at the time?   That I think is VERY hard to believe.

I'm sure nobody is perfect. The extent of my reign of terror is breaking the speed limit a couple of times. But you don't see me promoting the act and thumbing my nose at the law. I paid my traffic fines and try to be mindful.

The difference here is that Retro Planet is ADVOCATING the act of cheating ebay, and it sounds like YOU are too.

So why not stop exagerating beyond extremes and at least TRY to keep your points in the realm of the real world?

Because it seems that people here don't get a point unless you smash them over the head with it!!!

Now that this has been refuted by a number of people (you definitely CAN end the auction early if the item is no longer for sale via Ebay)

If I got ten people to post that the moon is made of cheese, would you believe that too?

In spite of what a handful of people who advocate cheating ebay say, it's NOT ALLOWED to advertise on ebay and then cancel the auction and sell the items off-site.

If you're going to be this ignorant in the future, nobody will take you seriously.

Not really. It's a statistical fact that career criminals start off getting away with petty crimes and work their way up to major crimes. It's only a matter of time.

In this case I think the petty crime would lead to something in the same crime genre (?) such as fraud, not terrorism. I can just see a guy who has been priating games all his life, donning a balaclava and running around with an M16 hijacking trains and the like.

Oh great. I should have guessed that you would condone music piracy. It's the old "Nobody gets hurt" theory.  

Perhaps if you ever make a Jag game and people pirate it THEN you will get the point!

Err NO, I did NOT condone music piracy. I said that copying a CD doesn't hurt anyone, where-as shooting them in the head with a gun does. They are both crimes, but have totally different effects on society, and suprisingly enough different penalties. Or do you just shoot everyone in your area of the world for every crime they do? Stop trying to blow things out of proportion, stop trying to find faults in other peoples statements where there are none. stick with your original points.

as for piracy, then yeah I don't agree with copying of games, I used to when I was younger, but changed my mind and don't do it anymore. I prefer owning the originals, and have even gone out and bought quite a few of the games I had originally copied.

I'm sure nobody is perfect. The extent of my reign of terror is breaking the speed limit a couple of times. But you don't see me promoting the act and thumbing my nose at the law. I paid my traffic fines and try to be mindful.

Oh, so you condone traffic crime? so by your own statements you are therefore likley to hijack a bus, possibly threaten the passengers. You see it starts with petty crimes and builds from there! That was the point you made earlier wasn't it? or does that not apply to you..

And did you pay fines for the times you weren't caught? no I don't think so.

The difference here is that Retro Planet is ADVOCATING the act of cheating ebay, and it sounds like YOU are too.

I don't think they are. If ebay was so against this type of action don't you think they would police it more sternly? Not hard for them to bring up a list of canceled auctions and read through the reasons why they were cancled. If they were that bothered I am sure they would od this.

Because it seems that people here don't get a point unless you smash them over the head with it!!!

The same could be said for you. You never seem to be able to look at someone elses point of view, instead you just assume you are right and try your damndest to beat them down, regardless of the point at hand.

Also you would most likley find that if you put your point across in a less acid way people would be more likley to get your point and listen. Instead your approach just gets peoples backs up.

(B.T.W. "thunderbird" I suggest you brush up on your geography if you are going to allege myself and anyone else are friends or live next door to each other).

Now come on Ben, everyone knows that Wrexham is just 5 minutes walk from Essex :)

I can't imagine why you'd think you lived far apart, either it's because you're still using horse&buggy over there or it's because it just seems far when your whole country is smaller than most U.S. states...

The reason I was wondering how T-bird knew they were neighbors because I kinda pictured him in his computer room using some sort of super-hacker program he wrote that locates IP addresses on a global map. Something like that. Anyway I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

I can't imagine why you'd think you lived far apart, either it's because you're still using horse&buggy over there or it's because it just seems far when your whole country is smaller than most U.S. states...

Because we consider driving for 30-40 minutes to be a fair distance. travelling for 3-4 hours in one direction is a long journey for most people here. (I am being optamistic on the 3-4 hours :) )

how far you live from people is most likley relative to your circumstances.

:edit: by here I am refering to the UK :) not AA

My understanding is that Atari-Age will not post any items that the owners of them request that they do not post. REGARDLESS of if the copyright has expired or not.  

The difference is that if Atari-Age were run by "Repo-Planet" any person requesting that their material be taken off would get a long string of lame excuses, followed by smug denial of any wrongdoing, ending with a challenge to "go ahead and sue me!" I have done nothing wrong!  

Please don't dance and two-step around the issue. I didn't ask you to compare Retro and AtariAge.

You laid out a case where one might assume that Retro possibly broke eBay rules and should be vilified for doing so. I laid out a case where one might assume that AtariAge possibly was breaking federal and international copyright laws. And I asked you, and am asking again, if you would stand up to AtariAge for breaking any laws in the same manner and with the same intensity that you have stood up to Retro. Would you be consistant in your insistance that laws and rules be followed not broken?

You can't have it both ways, Thunderbird. You either gotta walk the walk or shut the talk.

And all I'm trying to do by bringing up this idea of copyright laws and your obsession with anyone breaking rules is figure out if you are just blowing steam to hear yourself type or if you really believe what you are shoveling.

Mendon

Nice one Linkovitch! I have often made the short trip 250 mile trip to Romford by foot.

Thanks for the information "thunderbird" - you are so much more advanced in the good old U.S of A. than we are over here in backwards Britain. Really. You've convinced me.

Anyway, you conveniently didn't answer my point. Are you saying that the item should be relisted on Ebay, or sold privately? What would you like retro-planet to do? He has done everything that you wanted (e.g. not sold the item via Ebay and cancelled an "illegal" auction).

You really are a complete idiot (over here you would perhaps be labelled a "simpleton" or "a bit slow". Small children may point and laugh as you walked past but you would be treated well and offered charity).

But your entertaining. carry on!

Ben

In this case I think the petty crime would lead to something in the same crime genre (?) such as fraud, not terrorism.  I can just see a guy who has been priating games all his life, donning a balaclava and running around with an M16 hijacking trains and the like.  

If you want to debate crime history or something there are probably more appropriate venues for you to make your case. What types of crimes lead to other types doesn't change the fact that a policy was violated by repo-planet.

Err NO, I did NOT condone music piracy.  I said that copying a CD doesn't hurt anyone, where-as shooting them in the head with a gun does.

You make me sick. Literally. I have absolutely NO respect for a person who would assert that stealing a persons livelihood is not hurting them.

Oh, so you condone traffic crime?  so by your own statements you are therefore likley to hijack a bus, possibly threaten the passengers.  You see it starts with petty crimes and builds from there!  That was the point you made earlier wasn't it?  or does that not apply to you..

Hello? Mr. Pirate. Have you been paying attention? I already said I didn't advocate speeding. Why did you chop that part off your answer???

I don't think they are.  If ebay was so against this type of action don't you think they would police it more sternly?  Not hard for them to bring up a list of canceled auctions and read through the reasons why they were cancled.  If they were that bothered I am sure they would od this.

They do police it sternly, but the unfortunate situation is that they pursue the auction frauds with very high dollar values with a much higher priority than a little Jaguar game.

If Repo-Planet had done this with a $10000 car on ebay motors, he'd be a lot higher on their list of abusers.

The same could be said for you.  You never seem to be able to look at someone elses point of view, instead you just assume you are right and try your damndest to beat them down, regardless of the point at hand.

What are you talking about?!?! I ALWAYS look at the other person's point of view. By doing so it makes it much easier to see where they are wrong, and then point it out to them.

Also you would most likley find that if you put your point across in a less acid way people would be more likley to get your point and listen.  Instead your approach just gets peoples backs up.

No. People get their backs up when they refuse to listen to "less acid" talk and someone gets sick of their stubborn refusal to admit their error and dumps a vat or two on their heads.

You laid out a case where one might assume that Retro possibly broke eBay rules and should be vilified for doing so.

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!

Go back and read the ebay policy. We have admitted guilt here. We're not talking about a "hypothetical" violation or an "assumed" violation.

You need to come up with a less vague comparison!!!!!!!

Because we consider driving for 30-40 minutes to be a fair distance.  travelling for 3-4 hours in one direction is a long journey for most people here. (I am being optamistic on the 3-4 hours :) )

In terms of the community of Jaguar fans in this forum, they are neighbors.

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!  

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!  

ONE MIGHT ASSUME?!?!!?!  

Go back and read the ebay policy. We have admitted guilt here. We're not talking about a "hypothetical" violation or an "assumed" violation.  

You need to come up with a less vague comparison!!!!!!!

And twice you avoid a simple yes or no answer.

Your objective in this whole thread is very, very obvious and you've answered all my questions.

G'night Gracie.

Mendon

Thanks for the information "thunderbird" - you are so much more advanced in the good old U.S of A. than we are over here in backwards Britain. Really. You've convinced me.

Maybe we shouldn't keep saving your butts all the time. Then you'll show some RESPECT.

Anyway, you conveniently didn't answer my point. Are you saying that the item should be relisted on Ebay, or sold privately? What would you like retro-planet to do?

I already said SEVERAL TIMES the following:

1) If he has the necessary permissions to sell this item as per ebay regulations, then the auction should be resumed on ebay.

2) If this is a "prototype" as defined by ebay and not allowed for sale there, then the item should have been offered to the people who were bidding on ebay.

He has done everything that you wanted (e.g. not sold the item via Ebay and cancelled an "illegal" auction).

I read the text of the auction and it didn't say anything illegal. I never knew it was illegal until someone else pointed it out that this was actually a prototype and then afro-plant admitted he composed a misleading description.

For all we knew, Repo-Plant has had the rights to sell the item on ebay and was legally soing so.

Admitting he didn't have the legal right to have the auction in the first place is a separate issue that came up AFTER this debate started. I never "asked" him to cancel the auction, so don't say I did!

You really are a complete idiot (over here you would perhaps be labelled a "simpleton" or "a bit slow". Small children may point and laugh as you walked past but you would be treated well and offered charity).

Blah blah blah. If I were you I wouldn't go around calling people who kick your ass 10 times a day a "simpleton"... maybe you can call me "Super Genius" or something and then you won't look so bad!

Maybe we shouldn't keep saving your butts all the time. Then you'll show some RESPECT.  

jesus some people have short memories.

HELLO McFLY!!think McFly think.

did we not just back you up during a recent middle eastern skirmish?

i'll tell you for what son you you need a good slap and i reckon with your chip/attitude/gob shite you get a good hiding after you've been on the stella's on a friday nite.

just hope you've got some big mates

Archived