IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

Hi everyone,

There are questions that need to be answered. So im here to do just that.

Madman, no thats not why I removed the video. There is no scam. I removed the video because It was insinuated that I was being "abusive" to the cart in the manner I put it in the console. After reviewing the video I could see that and clearly I was a bit upset.

CJ Version 4b was never posted in the thread. Ever. If you go ahead and read the entire thread again you will see that.

Facebook is a thing now guys and you can share files in PMs such as ROM revisions. If carts are already being produced its not very hard to say "hey Nick I fixed a ton of bugs, can you start over. Sorry dude I know you already had 5 carts made but its best for the final product"

Postage usually takes about 4 days between us. He is in a United States territory.

Nobody has recieved any carts yet, however orders have been filled and the games are on their way. (Another batch is also being produced)

Lets touch on the pirated stuff I was offering on eBay. I was trying to get rid of my unwanted stuff due to some personal issues that need not be discussed here. The thought of recycling those carts and turning them into additional copies of my game did not occur until after everyone got upset. So thats where those games are now. On the way to Nick for reprogramming. I regret that I did not have that idea sooner. (Seriously)

Ok back to the bugs. Everyone turn their attention to CJs videos he posted. Collision detection: this video is ridiculous. He lunged towards 2 food items at a diagonal angel. He got nowhere near the purple pickle and only brushed accross the edge of the other food item avoiding the collison box just barely. I already stated that the collision boxes for the food items are smaller intentionally. The cola cans passing through the mouth was already taken care of a long time ago. Im not sure who brought that up or which video it was, but thats an old issue. Anyway the collisions work, the speed was fixed and the menu system works as intended now. This is the version that is for sale.

I have made the decision to release my game because it IS fun and it's ready. I am confident that the people who purchase my game will be satisfied and if not then I will refund them.

As far as the comments about my game destroying the jag scene and tarnishing my brand name as well as the Reboot name by including the rB+ logo, I have to say I disagree. I have made a new, FUN game available for the console. It may not be up to Reboot standards but it is final. I appreciate all of the quality control being provided however I think some of you may be forgetting that it IS my game.

As for me not asking questions to the folks that made the utilities Im using available, in fact I have asked many questions and asked for much help. I never really get answers and am left to figure out most all on my own.

Have I made mistakes? Yes I have. Have I learned from them? You bet I have.

Finally I would like to add that I stand by my game and I am confident that those who purchase it will be happy with it. If it doesn't meet YOUR standards its ok. Thats fine. You don't have to purchase it.

Frogz 64 was mentioned. Im still finishing that game on cart as promised, right now I have a few more serious things going on in my life. I have no release date for that game. Only that it will be done when its done.

I think for now I will take a step back. I am going to send a free cart to some Youtube reviewers and see what they have to say, as well as my customers.

I do appreciate the free advice given to me by folks like skip and Hyper Eye. I just didn't take all of it. Thats my choice, but I do appreciate the effort and ALL of the suggestions, If you remember correctly VR mode was NEVER planned, THAT was a suggestion I took.

Not really sure what else you guys want me to say, as it seems anything I say or do is getting dissected and put under a microscope. Im sure there will be much more "off with his head!" But as I already stated right now I don't have time for this, I have other issues that are not HOBBY related. Its a shame the thread to my game has now turned into a NEW flame war because Im not following the unwritten rules of Jaguar homebrew. Remember guys, this IS my first Jaguar game afterall.

CJ Version 4b was never posted in the thread. Ever. If you go ahead and read the entire thread again you will see that.

Ok back to the bugs. Everyone turn their attention to CJs videos he posted. Collision detection: this video is ridiculous. He lunged towards 2 food items at a diagonal angel. He got nowhere near the purple pickle and only brushed accross the edge of the other food item avoiding the collison box just barely. I already stated that the collision boxes for the food items are smaller intentionally. The cola cans passing through the mouth was already taken care of a long time ago. Im not sure who brought that up or which video it was, but thats an old issue. Anyway the collisions work, the speed was fixed and the menu system works as intended now. This is the version that is for sale.

I never said it was. The carts were clearly made before this revision was available, and therefor contained problems that may have been fixed after. If you've had new carts made, and one of them was in the video you yourself posted, well then it still has bugs.

As for the 'ridiculous' - well, it doesn't work. Anyone can try the binary you have posted and see that for themselves. Collecting things is the only core thing in this game, and it doesn't work reliably. You even admitted it in a message to me, which was posted after the date you claimed the carts had been ordered.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265214-fast-food-2600vcs-remake/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3783553

As for the speed being fixed, again, that issue was raised after the date you posted you had ordered the carts. Unless you have a time machine, your explanation does not make any sense.

In regards to the menu system being fixed, would you like me to remove the 'redaction' from your above linked message, which was (as previously noted) sent to me after you announced the carts had been made? I think the answer to this will probably be 'no' but that's your call.

Even if, as you claim, you fixed all the bugs... how much testing have you actually done? Because not much time has passed.

Either way, do what you want. It's your game and your integrity and reputation that is at stake. And, of course, the cash of any of your customers.

• Like 1

I paid for the carts in advance I sent him the revised ROM after you mentioned the speed issue via facebook. He started over after having 5 carts already done. I have said all of this already. I also said none of the games have went out yet. They will all be going out probably next Wednesday. Im not sure whats so confusing

So the video from yesterday, which showed the coke can issue BTW, wasn't the version you are now saying Nick is producing for you (as you wouldn't have had the cart yet would you)...

I'd also add that you've already shipped out a CD copy to someone on the jag fans fb group. They've received that and so have obtained a different version to the one you are now saying is fixed.

Edited by Welshworrier

Madman, no thats not why I removed the video. There is no scam.

You are selling a game advertised as having all the bugs fixed. Per your own video the bugs are not fixed. That's a scam. You're a scammer. If I advertised a mint in box Rayman and sent someone a loose cart with a beat up label that'd be a scam. You're doing the same thing. I'm sorry for whatever personal life issues you're having, but ripping people off is wrong no matter what.

I would rather he took more time in general with it. Put a little more of himself into it.

Exactly.

Oh, anyone remember this... ?

What a delightfully trollish response to a reasonable request. I'm such a meanie.

Put the actual effort into one thing first...

Our teams will work around the clock to meet your sensational criteria and as we go forward with our projects we will keep you and your goals in mind, as your awesomeness is truly inspiring. You sir are an all around great guy and one could only wish to be as cool as you are! You get a gold star! and a smiley face!

• Like 5

You are selling a game advertised as having all the bugs fixed. Per your own video the bugs are not fixed. That's a scam. You're a scammer. If I advertised a mint in box Rayman and sent someone a loose cart with a beat up label that'd be a scam. You're doing the same thing. I'm sorry for whatever personal life issues you're having, but ripping people off is wrong no matter what.

I'd say that is a bit harsh.

Clearly, this game has been rushed. There are plenty of rushed, un-fun games on the market, there are even bugged games that can't be completed on the market. This is not a new scenario.

For what it's worth, I'd remove everything except the PLUS and 2600 modes, and work on balancing the game-play on both until the PLUS mode was fun, challenging and had good progression, and the 2600 mode was as faithful to the original as possible.

I'd also put it out to a totally different team of testers for at least a few weeks. It's clear that the people testing this game had no regard for the final quality, although Jeff himself should have been able to identify several problems. As I said, I only played it for a few minutes and noted down just those things. If I'd played it longer would the difficulty advancement have been fair and fun? I somehow doubt it, but had no inclination to proceed due to the bugs.

The plus mode looks good, graphically. The other modes look like they've been crow-barred in for the sake of 'options' and don't really offer anything extra other than a cluttered menu screen. By Jeff's own admission the '3D' mode is not fun and needs work.

If he just slowed down, worked on it (a lot) more and got the game-play balance correct, I'd be more than happy to purchase a copy. I've said it before (to Jeff) several times. It's in that last 5%.

Sigh. Right now this all feels like a quick cash-grab, and that is what is rubbing people the wrong way.

• Like 6

Ok ill test the last Version, and fair enough he fixed some of the majors bugs, (not all) but for me and I wrote it in a PM to Jeffrey_Bones: is the game not 100 % bug free ( or finished)

Yes it makes a Lott of fun, and from this point : I wish that Jeffrey made it 100 % finished , I hope it...

Edited by masematte

If he sends out replacements for buggy versions, how is that scamming anyone? He is making good on a mistake. You need to calm down. Everyone here needs to calm down.As soon as someone who isnt a AA "highroller" does anything homebrew related or release a rom of a super rare unobtainable game or demo you all go apeshit and decapitate everyone who has a different opinion than you do.

This guy made a game, he sold his game. It turned out buggy, he reaches out to help fixing bugs, he sends out replacements at his cost, and he is a scammer to you people? The jag community is a toxic mess, and it would be helped a whole lot if people didnt call scammer the first chance they get, safe behind their "anonymity" online.

He is trying to add a new game to the homebrew library, and you are killing him for it. Great job AA.

• Like 1

If he sends out replacements for buggy versions, how is that scamming anyone? He is making good on a mistake. You need to calm down. Everyone here needs to calm down.As soon as someone who isnt a AA "highroller" does anything homebrew related or release a rom of a super rare unobtainable game or demo you all go apeshit and decapitate everyone who has a different opinion than you do.

I believe you are getting a certain facebook group and AA mixed up.

You've also skipped over the part where he's shipped out knowingly bugged copies. But, never mind.

• Like 5

I believe you are getting a certain facebook group and AA mixed up.

You've also skipped over the part where he's shipped out knowingly bugged copies. But, never mind.

Its not the first time AA has ripped people a new asshole for no reason. its a well known fact a lot of AA people are elitist snobs who frown upon people who cant afford the obtainium items and instead enjoy the roms of items that is not making anybody any money except resellers or collectors switching ownership. As for mixing anything up, you are free to disagree, but you can find that sort of proof all over the internet and especially here at your home, AA. And you conveniently chose to assume im excluding any particular part of the internet from being part of the toxic community simply because i based it on AA in this case, being as this is a post on the AA forum.... But yeah, i was not expecting you to come up with anything but a snide remark instead of simply accepting that there are a lot of people in the jag community who goes way too far with their keyboard wars. I am not including or excluding anyone in particular in that argument, but you are, however subtle you tried to make that. Make of that as you will. I will leave this flamewar thread with the closing comment that Jeff may have made mistakes, but he is making up for them, and you all need to show him some slack after taking your criticism seriously, trying to make amends with purchasers of his game, removing "offending games" from his ebay listings and what not. But what do people continue to do? Lash out. You do the same thing against Nick. Bye.

Its not the first time AA has ripped people a new asshole for no reason. its a well known fact a lot of AA people are elitist snobs who frown upon people who cant afford the obtainium items and instead enjoy the roms of items that is not making anybody any money except resellers or collectors switching ownership. As for mixing anything up, you are free to disagree, but you can find that sort of proof all over the internet and especially here at your home, AA. And you conveniently chose to assume im excluding any particular part of the internet from being part of the toxic community simply because i based it on AA in this case, being as this is a post on the AA forum.... But yeah, i was not expecting you to come up with anything but a snide remark instead of simply accepting that there are a lot of people in the jag community who goes way too far with their keyboard wars. I am not including or excluding anyone in particular in that argument, but you are, however subtle you tried to make that. Make of that as you will. I will leave this flamewar thread with the closing comment that Jeff may have made mistakes, but he is making up for them, and you all need to show him some slack after taking your criticism seriously, trying to make amends with purchasers of his game, removing "offending games" from his ebay listings and what not. But what do people continue to do? Lash out. You do the same thing against Nick. Bye.

Oh wow, yet another one of these. I like how you lump ALL of AA in together as one bunch. Get off your high horse. After the drama that you created on JS2, you have no room to be calling out anyone here for any kind of behavior.

One person used the word "scammer" in regards to Jeff, and I agree that that phrase is a bit harsh. I'll also agree that everyone should cut him some slack. He made some bad decisions and he's been trying to make amends. We could all do with calming down a bit, yourself included. Don't lump all of AA together when one or two people make harsh comments.

• Like 1

A whole host of people were a bit quick to possie up though.

Can't really disgree, but at the same time, when something like this happens, everyone tends to give their opinion of the situation. "Possying up" on someone isn't always an intended action.

This guy made a game, he sold his game. It turned out buggy, he reaches out to help fixing bugs, he sends out replacements at his cost, and he is a scammer to you people? The jag community is a toxic mess, and it would be helped a whole lot if people didnt call scammer the first chance they get, safe behind their "anonymity" online.

He is trying to add a new game to the homebrew library, and you are killing him for it. Great job AA.

If he sends out corrected CDs and carts after ALL bugs have been fixed after lengthy play testing, then I'd consider him square. However, as posted, that is not the case. He is selling $60 carts that contain obvious bugs. It didn't "turn out" to be buggy, he was informed of numerous bugs but he chose to sell the game anyway. Read the thread. This was rushed to market.

Its not the first time AA has ripped people a new asshole for no reason. its a well known fact a lot of AA people are elitist snobs who frown upon people who cant afford the obtainium items and instead enjoy the roms of items that is not making anybody any money except resellers or collectors switching ownership.

How is this "for no reason"? He's knowingly selling a broken game that by his own admission contains a mode that is not fun. This has nothing to do with any other high priced games on the Jaguar. This is only specifically about what he is selling.

Edit: And yes, I'm the only person who said "scammer" and some here disagree w/that and that's fine.