IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

So version 3 had "Reset to menu from PLUS mode fixed!

Some VR and 2600 mode bugs fixed

much more stable return to menu functions"

And version 4 gave speed fixes.

The word "some" in vr and 2600 mode fixes would indicate that some other bugs are not fixed. More stable return to menu also implies it's not 100% stable.

I've got to ask "why the rush to get a cartridge out instead of waiting until it's working fully"?

• Like 8

You know, I offered to help with this but as your intention is to knowingly sell rushed-to-release, unfinished, bugged games that you have already admitted need a lot more work then I'm afraid you are on your own. This is a new low, even for the Jaguar.

post-11520-0-04219400-1497398408_thumb.png

I blanked the middle out to save you even further embarrassment. You are welcome.

• Like 6

I don't want to dogpile, but it was clear from the first post (with a 1 minute video of a title screen and nothing else) and near daily video updates that this wasn't at all about producing a finished, finely tuned game for the community. Not to mention him not wanting to read docs and still selling copies despite numerous bugs pointed out by CJ and others. He's also selling other bootleg versions of Jag games, including commercial releases in his EBay store. You can either get a new, legit copy of Super Burnout for $17 from Best, or a bootleg for $30 from his store. Yes, this is off topic but it speaks volumes.

Edit: He's even selling a bootlegged Hyper Force. I've reported this to EBay as the game is still available, legally, from Songbird.

• Like 6

Jeffrey Johnson you can do what you want with your own releases but your eBay sales include work that is not yours being resold. As tester for one of the games you are selling know that you and I are at big odds over this.

You were lamenting about personal mistakes on earlier FB posts and here you are making more.

Edited by JagChris

sigh. So my initial assessment of this guy WAS correct. an Ed Wood type.

-Thom

Actually no. You were wrong. The bugs have been fixed in the cart version of Fast Food 64. Fallen Angels had been removed.

Most people who know me know that I would NEVER sell my copies of Defender 2000 unless something terrible was wrong. Those are also up for sale as well as my copy of Tempest 2000. My Jaguar and Jaguar CD unit will be going up for sale too, along with my N64 and Everdrive 64.

Thank you. all of you. Things are not always as they seem

@Jeffrey_Bones, ill test your´re last version, and I know (and also you) that there are still bugs !

I believe the complette community want (im not sure at the moment) help you, to make a complette 100 % bug free Version. but at this point is not 100 % ! it is not finished !!

And ill 100 % agree with CyranoJ, it is not good for the JAgscene .

i have no Facebook Account, but when I see in the FB Group, that there is the German who sell Jaguars with a selfmadebox and LED for 289 Euros(and this guy tells something about rules and copyright), and ill see that you are selling a not finished game for 59,99 ....

Then im happy that im finished with my Jaguar complette set since Years.......

Actually no. You were wrong. The bugs have been fixed in the cart version of Fast Food 64. Fallen Angels had been removed.

You are telling us that you fixed all the bugs, made your VR mode work, and had a run of carts made in a few hours.......

I received a PM from Jeffrey earlier today outlining some of the rationale behind the rush to market. I'll not make it public as he requested not to do so, however this is my abridged reply:

Please understand I don't hate you - I don't actually know you.

I do hate what you've done here, you've not taken any of the freely given advice and rushed to release with something that is going to hurt not just your own brand but will cause anyone else who's likely to be buying homebrew releases in the future to be suspect. Having the RB+ logo on there also will make it seem that the development suite isn't up to the job and so I can see Reboot. being less than impressed. From the questions you've asked it also shows that impatience to get something released for financial gain was the main driver - not actually wanting to give something to the 'community' or actually improve the product. The dogger to frogz 64 incident also showed the same - getting rid of the Jaguar system and CD that you mentioned in this thread would also mean that I can see that project never getting finished either - so what happens to those that paid for the Ebay demo copies who are expecting a full version?

This game could have been good but will now be forever tainted. Would you buy a future product from someone who did that?

Instead of addressing the problems mentioned here you are still promoting it on Ebay and the facebook groups - does that look like you regret your actions?

While you may have issues it still doesn't give you the right to, in effect, rip people off by having them pay for a product you know has problems - how do you know that they don't have concerns that you've now made worse? Selling pirate roms has also damaged your relationship with developers - why would they now trust you with software if they know it had a chance of being sold for profit?

It's a complete cluster brought on by your own behaviours.

• Like 4

Pass on the video unless it's a bonfire.

[...]

It's a complete cluster brought on by your own behaviours.

That's a lot of fine words that are going to bounce completely off the intended subject without him having even an inkling of their meaning.

• Like 4

Those 6 copies I wanted to buy would have been for a final release. More a show of support for a game or games programmed from the ground up but with all that happened since, I may not buy any. Too bad really.