IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 16 = Crystal Castles

S.BAZ

Errrrgh! Lol. Here I was, so happy with my second place score on the bonus game...and THEN! Here comes Jin! :twisted:

(Papa said the high score was from the freshly exorcised thyroid demons... :-) )

Anyway, I will try again, but very nice job! I liked this game way better than Crystal Castles, and have never even played them before this week (to be honest, I have only played three handsful or so of Atari games, lol).

Aw, sorry Buttons! Your score is really impressive for sure, I've just had way too much time on my hands to sit around playing video games after that thyroid surgery and I think this is one of those games where persistence pays. I just kept playing it until one time I got really lucky and managed to tap the button at just the right time to stop the food dish a whole bunch of times in a row.

I'll stick to playing other games for the rest of the weekend so if you're able to beat my score then victory is all yours. :)

• Like 1

Improvements!

Crystal Castles: 75,372

Chase The Chuckwagon: 825

post-34560-0-43126800-1494818177.pngpost-34560-0-95108200-1494818233.png

my Atari is stored away in videogameland (my room) right now until I get my new setup going, so all emulation for now unfortunately. had a hard time adjusting for Crystal Castles but finally I'm gettting the hang of it!

I'll stick to playing other games for the rest of the weekend so if you're able to beat my score then victory is all yours. :)

I appreciate it! I tried to take advantage of this, but to no avail, ha ha! I could not increase my score at all on Chase, but I realized two things while trying: 1) The little dog resembles those magnet scottie dog toys my sister had when we were kids, and 2) It's probably the cutest animation of a dog I've ever seen. So, since I wasn't connecting well with that game, I focused on Crystal Castles and improved my score there!

Congratulations on your great score and I wish you swift recovery. :-)

• Like 1

CC 228,783

The "final" screen (before the castles start over again) has 4 towers in a row along the back, maybe 1 on each left & right hand side, a smaller boomerang-shaped level, with a short elevator up/down to the larger foreground area.

Fuzzy memory since it's been about 25 yrs since I've seen it.

Exactly the same score as 2008 - good job :thumbsup:

(HSC Season 5 week 33)

• Like 2

actually captainClassic, on my screen his is showing it being posted at 3:37 am the 15th, so I guess it is by his time zone, which makes the most sense as he is the one who is determining if a score is legit or not for the most part. I suggest you find out what timezone he is in so you can figure out when his midnight would be for you to avoid any more mishaps.

S.BAZ PMed me, & I replied back with my apology, for him to post at his descretion.

EDIT: & looking back at my 2008 post, it appears I HAVE posted pics. I truly do not recall doing that.

Edited by RJ

hi all, been busy with a yard sale all weekend, fun times!

Thank you Mister-VCS for your attentiveness (as always)! RJ's Crystal Castles score shall be stricken!

Thank you RJ for your apology! Here is what RJ wrote:

"I would like to sincerely apologize to the AtariAge community, & especially to the members of the Atari 2600 HSC, for my wrongdoing in misreporting my Crystal Castles score in the previous round. While the score IS authentic, it was not set within the given timeframe for the current contest, as Mister-VCS has discovered. It was a foolish & selfish decision, & I'm sorry. I'd apologize in person to each & every one of you if I could (Jin, this could eventually be possible with you!)

I duly & hereby accept all forthcoming backlash & consequences, & will abide by the verdict handed down to me, which may include:

resetting my HSC points to zero for the current season;
suspension from the HSC for a number of given weeks or seasons;
removal/expulsion from the HSC;
a full-on site ban (yes, I'm prepared to accept this).

I would definitely appreciate being allowed to keep playing, I figured out my phone camera & will now always provide phohotographic proof of my score (as evidenced in this week's Oystron round). However, if it is decided otherwise, so be it, & I agree to abide by your decision. Thank you.

Sincerely, RJ

I don't think any ban or suspension will be necessary. Any input from HSC members is welcome. As for resetting RJ's season points to zero, I suppose that would be in order if any more of his scores this season were made previous to the contest period/s. If not, I'd say let's just strike the Crystal Castles score and carry on. And let's follow the rules! Again, anyone's input on this is welcome.

@RJ -- did you submit any other scores this season which were not made during the contest period?

• Like 1

A general remark: anyone who really feels the need to cheat in THIS kind of contest should check his priorities. As far as I am concerned, I don't give a crap if some of the higher scores have been achieved by cheating. There are more than enough people here who beat the crap out of me with legit scores. So why should I bother? I'm gonna have fun regardless.

To those who do cheat: Looked into the mirror lately? What did you see?

• Like 1