IGNORED

Star Raider (no s at end) for 8-bit (VALUE and RARITY?)

That link is from over 15 years ago. Not an indication of today's value or rarity.

15 years ago it wasn't rare, do you think everyone threw the cart away?

A cart that isn't rare 15 years ago will not increase in demand. As the years go on threre are less and less of us. The demand isn't going up. To be honest, you may be delusional.

Edited by atari181

Looking at completed sales and current listings there are a few that have sold for less than 12 and 2 right now on Ebay for less than 10 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Raider-error-label-no-s-400-800-XL-XE-computer-WORKS-GUARANTEED-/252955134719?hash=item3ae54d0aff:g:ofIAAOSw42dZJSxLand

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Raiders-Atari-400-800-XL-XE-1982-cart-only-/162516191494?hash=item25d6b84906:g:FgkAAOSwsXFZGP4w

so 15 dollars shipped or less is more logical surely not 90 or even 50, that is just trying to inflate and exagerate the rarity which isn't that rare to begin with.

Edited by cvgplus

A cart that isn't rare 15 years ago will not increase in demand. As the years go on threre are less and less of us. The demand isn't going up. To be honest, you may be delusional.

No, but a lot of them got stripped. :D I bought about 300 Star Raider(s) carts about 10 years or so ago and about half of them were without the S. I sold ~200 stripped ones of those to B&C, through atariservice.com I think. I still have a box of 30 or so somewhere.

No, but a lot of them got stripped. :D I bought about 300 Star Raider(s) carts about 10 years or so ago and about half of them were without the S. I sold ~200 stripped ones of those to B&C, through atariservice.com I think. I still have a box of 30 or so somewhere.

It's the same situation as the "rare" (aka not rare at all) red end labeled Ballblazers on the 7800. They aren't worth any more than the silver counterpart. The red to silver ratio is nearly 50\50 in an average case. With that said, people who have gone through cases of them like you and I are just ignored cause our educated opinions don't line up with the million dollar ebay dreams. Best case scenario is moving from a R1 to a R2 with no gain in monetary value. It's an oddity from the rest of the library so the dollar signs start rolling in some people's heads and nothing will change that.

• Like 1

It's the same situation as the "rare" (aka not rare at all) red end labeled Ballblazers on the 7800. They aren't worth any more than the silver counterpart. The red to silver ratio is nearly 50\50 in an average case. With that said, people who have gone through cases of them like you and I are just ignored cause our educated opinions don't line up with the million dollar ebay dreams. Best case scenario is moving from a R1 to a R2 with no gain in monetary value. It's an oddity from the rest of the library so the dollar signs start rolling in some people's heads and nothing will change that.

LOL, don't remind me about the Ballblazer's, people still think they are rare.

• Like 1

There was a time when they couldn't give away Atari 2600 Pepsi Invaders or Chase the Chuckwagon. Now they are rare and very expensive. Time does that.

Here os pricecharting's chart on Atari 2600 games value over the last few years on average. It's more than doubled in that time.

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

There was a time when they couldn't give away Atari 2600 Pepsi Invaders or Chase the Chuckwagon. Now they are rare and very expensive. Time does that.

Here os pricecharting's chart on Atari 2600 games value over the last few years on average. It's more than doubled in that time.

Okay looking at the beginning period it is between $7.50 and $1500 and more than half of that so no it is going to be at least $11.25 which I'm pretty sure unless my eyesight is off it is more than that. At the end it is between $15.00 and $22.50 pretty much exactly halfway between the two which i would say is around $18.75.

So starting out in 2010 it is atleast $11.25(probably more closer to $12.00) and in 2017 it is $18.75. I'm either not following you on something or I'm just plain wrong but I don't see where it has doubled or more than doubled.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I just glanced at it again didn't notice the spike in the middle where it went up higher(around 2013 and by looking at it yeah it probably went up over $24.00). Oh well. But really a difference in price like that is chump change(who can't spend around $20 on a game), and what the OP was wanting to know I think is if he had something of great value, which I guess still could be possible for price to change by that much over that time but honestly before posting I didn't even notice the date of the post I copied.

Edited by SignGuy81

I just want to know why the game is ULTRA RARE or very HTF. I personally have handled several of those star raider over the years and didn't know the exact price nowadays but look to be under 15 shipped. They are not expensive and not rare. Heck the market determines the value and for Star Raider completed sales look at the data, trying to inflate or justify some crazy price is just illogical and is a scam type of move since it is not a rare and expensive game.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-400-800-XL-XE-Star-Raider-Game-Cartridge-CXL4011-/142368202350?hash=item2125ce5e6e:g:JNgAAOSwX61ZBpxDIn auction sold for 7 dollars w/shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-computer-Cartridge-Star-Raider-Raiders-for-400-800-XL-XE-WORKS-/201856778118?hash=item2eff99ff86:g:hFoAAOSw~AVYpHTaBIN for approx 9.55 with shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Raider-error-label-no-s-400-800-XL-XE-computer-WORKS-GUARANTEED-/401308128383?hash=item5d6fd4147f:g:NwEAAOSwol5YyC93and state missing the s BIN for 10.40 w/shipping

I couldn't find any completed sales for Star Raider by itself for over 15 without being in a lot of games so market is saying it is under 15 shipped.

Edited by cvgplus

Damn, I was just about to buy it when you had it listed for $200. Oh well. It must have just gotten rarer I guess.

I have a feeling that this cart's value will be going up a lot higher in the next few hours. It's hot. I wonder what is eBay's max limit you can sell something for???? I think my limits were eliminated a long time ago. Anyone want to guess? Bueller????

Hey, I have a Sega Master for sale. It's an auction at $33.89. The thing is ebay gave me a price guarentee with it. If it sells for less than $61.83 they will pay me the difference. The only thing is they set the auction amount and everything. I went for it as I was going to sell it for about $40-$45. Their system offered it. I didn't ask or anything. Has anyone heard of this before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152567368268?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

I have a feeling that this cart's value will be going up a lot higher in the next few hours. It's hot. I wonder what is eBay's max limit you can sell something for???? I think my limits were eliminated a long time ago. Anyone want to guess? Bueller????

Careful there cause someone could maliciously use that $10k BIN price just to stick you with the fees until you can get them reversed.

• Like 1