IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Took some serious time reading up on this. I'm all aboard on the AtariHoax name.

Watching people discuss penny stocks and the fantastic new ideas about to come out from the companies behind those stocks is great fun. It reminds me of the movie The Wolf of Wall street when DiCaprios character, after being fired from a big wall street institution, turns to pushing penny stocks for useless companies with outlandish claims and promises.

Needless to say, he and his cronies are the only ones to get rich from the ordeal ?

• Like 2

Oh Lowrd.....from the game watch camp:

FMTwo Game Inc. Creator about 3 hours ago

@jeff, @lotus, thanks a lot for the passionate back and forth. We know it all stems from a really good place and wanting us to succeed. That said @jeff you are 100% correct, we need to take negativity onboard and we need make ourselves better and communicate better. We have continued to not deliver on information updates as we said we would, as push ahead, and we've made too many excuses about it. We just need to do better, period. And we really are aiming to do so!
@ken, we're not really sure what the story is on being logged in, we see ourselves as logged in all the time (and also with a ton of email updates and DMs). Anyway, we are here! Drowning a bit sometimes but still here!
@james, zero. It's a totally different thing, other than us thinking it would be cool to be compatible with it. We still think it's cool, but are not privy to whatever their next steps are. Keeping our fingers crossed though!
@sarah, sorry you feel so strongly. We definitely do not think we have ever lied about anything, and hope most folks agree. We have however definitely over-committed and missed deadlines, and will continue to work to do better on that front.
@everyone, thanks for the support, and thanks for the patience. We know we need to do better and reduce the silences. Just believe us when we say we love to bring good news, and detailed updates, and feel bad when that is not the case. But we don't want to make excuses, we just need to do better.
A few of us will be working this weekend to finally get our website released early next week, and we will be releasing an update at the same time!

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 6

I bet PowerDubs is salivating over this news!

https://www.dailydot.com/bazaar/atari-fashion-accessories/

Just imagine the potential this has to increase the stock!

On February 7 (one day before this INCREDIBLE news broke) it was at 54 cents, and then on February 8, it went all the way up to 59 cents! A massive, whopping 5 cent increase!

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

I bet PowerDubs is salivating over this news!

https://www.dailydot.com/bazaar/atari-fashion-accessories/

Just imagine the potential this has to increase the stock!

On February 7 (one day before this INCREDIBLE news broke) it was at 54 cents, now it's currently at 55 cents! A massive whopping 1 cent increase!

The brand already has no real relevance...I actually can't wait for the day when even the hipsters no longer value it and silly stuff like this goes away. It already has no meaning or impact to my teen kids, despite my arcade and console collections.

With no real product, it's really just a matter of time before it's another Studebaker.

• Like 5

Oh Lowrd.....from the game watch camp:

@jeff, @lotus, thanks a lot for the passionate back and forth. We know it all stems from a really good place and wanting us to succeed. That said @jeff you are 100% correct, we need to take negativity onboard and we need make ourselves better and communicate better. We have continued to not deliver on information updates as we said we would, as push ahead, and we've made too many excuses about it. We just need to do better, period. And we really are aiming to do so!

@ken, we're not really sure what the story is on being logged in, we see ourselves as logged in all the time (and also with a ton of email updates and DMs). Anyway, we are here! Drowning a bit sometimes but still here!

@james, zero. It's a totally different thing, other than us thinking it would be cool to be compatible with it. We still think it's cool, but are not privy to whatever their next steps are. Keeping our fingers crossed though!

@sarah, sorry you feel so strongly. We definitely do not think we have ever lied about anything, and hope most folks agree. We have however definitely over-committed and missed deadlines, and will continue to work to do better on that front.

@everyone, thanks for the support, and thanks for the patience. We know we need to do better and reduce the silences. Just believe us when we say we love to bring good news, and detailed updates, and feel bad when that is not the case. But we don't want to make excuses, we just need to do better.

A few of us will be working this weekend to finally get our website released early next week, and we will be releasing an update at the same time!

In short: they really want it to happen.

• Like 6

Actually all that licensed stuff with Atari logos, is exactly what I would call a step in the right direction.

I know what you're thinking as far as getting the branding out there for a new younger audience, but it's still preaching to the retro choir. My 19-year-old daughter and my 15-year-old son have zero interest in this stuff.

This is what my son is doing right now, with his friends, as we speak. This is their retro gaming...Super Mario Bros on the Wii. They have zero connection to the Atari brand...not even enough for an ironic lunchbox.

post-6333-0-55579400-1518218739_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I might have gotten the baseball cap, except the bright white writing under the brim would be an annoying distraction:

post-2641-0-77744700-1518218822.jpg

And I don't like the inscription on the back. I'm not an "old school" gamer. I'm not even an "old" school gamer...

post-2641-0-47177300-1518218824.jpg

What would be better - is if it could be personalized:

post-2641-0-61928300-1518218823.jpg

• Like 5

I know what you're thinking as far as getting the branding out there for a new younger audience, but it's still preaching to the retro choir. My 19-year-old daughter and my 15-year-old son have zero interest in this stuff.

This is what my son is doing right now, with his friends, as we speak. This is their retro gaming...Super Mario Bros on the Wii. They have zero connection to the Atari brand...not even enough for an ironic lunchbox.

20180209_172023.jpg

This. Atari can always make some pocket change selling pins and shirts to us old people, but they're never going to have relevance with the younger set if they don't pioneer again. Ataribox is showing they don't have the resources to do that on the hardware front, and Roller Coaster Tycoon is a strong indicator they don't have much on the software end.

This leads us to game shows and speaker hats.

• Like 5

Ataribox is showing they don't have the resources to do that on the hardware front, and Roller Coaster Tycoon is a strong indicator they don't have much on the software end.

The very real problem "Atari" has is that if these kids weren't getting their retro game fix on the Wii, they'd probably be playing COD or Rocket League on the PS4 next to it. Upstairs in the living room, my 11-year-old son is playing Fortnight on his Xbone and my 11-year-old daughter is on her tablet. She was playing Splatoon on the Switch when I got home. Not once has any of them ever powered up the Jag, 2600, or Flashback 7 that are all hooked up and available.

Even if they had the money to execute them properly, RCT is not going to appeal to any of my kids, and the Ataribox faces a nearly impossible task right out of the gate to get their attention. The simple, indisputable fact is that "Atari" has nothing to offer other than nostalgia and the rights to aging games that young people just do not care about. It just seems to me that there's an inescapable end looming for the company in this current iteration.

• Like 1

This. Atari can always make some pocket change selling pins and shirts to us old people, but they're never going to have relevance with the younger set if they don't pioneer again. Ataribox is showing they don't have the resources to do that on the hardware front, and Roller Coaster Tycoon is a strong indicator they don't have much on the software end.

And there will be no market for the pins, shirts, etc as we all begin to slowly kick the bucket.