IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The markets are volatile. Give them time to digest the Exciting New Developments overseas.

"Atari has signed three new partnerships to expand RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch in Asia. Atari has developed a specific version of RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch for each of the three countries concerned: China, Japan and South Korea. Local teams from partners will provide marketing and support services and community events.

The development of the game for these new countries has required changes in content and adaptations to local cultures that go well beyond a simple translation of text. The local versions will come out gradually during the second calendar quarter of 2018 and will be the subject of specific communications when the time comes.

Atari will receive royalties on the revenue generated by the game, without investment in marketing or community support."

"Atari has signed three new partnerships to expand RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch in Asia. Atari has developed a specific version of RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch for each of the three countries concerned: China, Japan and South Korea. Local teams from partners will provide marketing and support services and community events.The development of the game for these new countries has required changes in content and adaptations to local cultures that go well beyond a simple translation of text. The local versions will come out gradually during the second calendar quarter of 2018 and will be the subject of specific communications when the time comes. Atari will receive royalties on the revenue generated by the game, without investment in marketing or community support."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

"Atari has signed three new partnerships to expand RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch in Asia. Atari has developed a specific version of RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch for each of the three countries concerned: China, Japan and South Korea. Local teams from partners will provide marketing and support services and community events.

The development of the game for these new countries has required changes in content and adaptations to local cultures that go well beyond a simple translation of text. The local versions will come out gradually during the second calendar quarter of 2018 and will be the subject of specific communications when the time comes.

Atari will receive royalties on the revenue generated by the game, without investment in marketing or community support."

So they are spending what little money they have licensing RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch in Asia. I'm glad I don't have any Atari penny stock. BTW you are completely wrong as Atari stock has been a terrible investment having lost 5X its value from the start and 10X it's value from 2009.

Atar_stock_tank.png

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 6

So they are spending what little money they have licensing RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch in Asia. I'm glad I don't have any Atari penny stock. BTW you are completely wrong as Atari stock has been a terrible investment having lost 5X its value from the start and 10X it's value from 2009.

#1- Asia is a massive market. The shear # of people this will expose the game to is mind boggling.

#2- As far as 'spending what little money they have' you also seem to not comprehend what it means to partner for royalties.

#3- Since you are posting pictures you don't understand- let me explain. You can't use a chart from 8+ years ago to try to argue how bad the stock is. Try changing the timeline to 1 year and come back with an intelligent discussion then.

;-)

It seems Atari isnt really going over well with the general public, either. In another forum, a brief discussion of the speakerhat results in the other forum members saying they dont trust Atari and think its essentially a scam. Only ONE GUY disagrees, and he happens to own a speakerhat:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2415459

• Like 1

Not a single person said that. Stop being stupid.

Fine...

I don't trust Atari. There, I said it. And I mean it. Based on what I've seen and heard, I don't trust Atari SA.

I'm not saying they won't make money, I'm just saying your dealing with lawyers and they are masters at getting the best for themselves, not necessarily for consumers, collaborators, licensees, investors and/or partners.

• Like 8

#3- Since you are posting pictures you don't understand- let me explain. You can't use a chart from 8+ years ago to try to argue how bad the stock is. Try changing the timeline to 1 year and come back with an intelligent discussion then.

;-)

Wow, you are correct! A whopping 265% increase! In comparison, Apple only increased by 121.7%. You truly are a marvel and a God amongst us mere mortals.

EVERYBODY QUICK, SELL YOUR APPLE STOCK ASAP AND INVEST IN ATARI! AT THIS RATE ATARI IS GOING TO ECLIPSE APPLE VERY SOON AND LEAVE THEM IN THE DUST!

PowerDubs (A professional penny stock-ologist) literally has more then 25 years in the banking industry! He knows his stuff, we shall not question him! WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH! (Plus don't forget, PowerDubs >>REALLY<< wants Atari's stock to succeed!!!)

post-42460-0-24255000-1518027960.png

post-42460-0-67556700-1518028237.png

Edited by Pink
  • Like 5

I'm ok with that.

Fine...

I don't trust Atari. There, I said it. And I mean it. Based on what I've seen and heard, I don't trust Atari SA.

I'm not saying they won't make money, I'm just saying your dealing with lawyers and they are masters at getting the best for themselves, not necessarily for consumers, collaborators, licensees, investors and/or partners.

I agree based on some things I have seen that they make choices I am not happy about and would not do either. But they are growing and expanding.

To say "they are masters at getting the best for themselves, not necessarily for consumers, collaborators, licensees, investors and/or partners." is not limited to just Atari- you can say that about many many businesses. Hell- I don't trust Google, Comcast, Facebook, Verizon, Apple.... yet here we are- I still use their products, and they still contribute to gains in my portfolio.

Just don't ask any of them to drive your wife home and everything will be O.K.

• Like 2

Wow, you are correct! A whopping 265% increase! In comparison, Apple only increased by 121.7%. You truly are a marvel and a God amongst us mere mortals.

EVERYBODY QUICK, SELL YOUR APPLE STOCK ASAP AND INVEST IN ATARI! AT THIS RATE ATARI IS GOING TO ECLIPSE APPLE VERY SOON AND LEAVE THEM IN THE DUST!

Why does the first sentence have to be followed by the 2nd?

You literally acknowledge great gains in the stocks value- and then follow it up with useless garbage.

I'm ok with that.

I agree based on some things I have seen that they make choices I am not happy about and would not do either. But they are growing and expanding.

To say "they are masters at getting the best for themselves, not necessarily for consumers, collaborators, licensees, investors and/or partners." is not limited to just Atari- you can say that about many many businesses. Hell- I don't trust Google, Comcast, Facebook, Verizon, Apple.... yet here we are- I still use their products, and they still contribute to gains in my portfolio.

Just don't ask any of them to drive your wife home and everything will be O.K.

But giving them money up front (in theory) for a product they won't prove exists, and may never be delivered, that would be perfectly fine?? Or, give them lots of money in an unregulated investment scheme with horrific terms and potential for all kinds of abuse to develop a game they can fund themselves, that's okay too?? Or telling others to invest in a de-listed company that engages in that kind of unabashed tomfoolery and incompetence because they're sure to be profitable in doing it, that's okay as well?

• Like 3

Why does the first sentence have to be followed by the 2nd?

You literally acknowledge great gains in the stocks value- and then follow it up with useless garbage.

Do we really need to explain the obvious?

A real company that has a truly global presence with innovative, high demand products, and has off and on had the biggest market cap of any company in the world is an investment, something that will hold value over the long term.

A collection of IP holdings strung together with crowdfunding, investment scams, and licensing deals is a much more risky "investment" (asshole quotes because it's literally a penny stock). Atari was weak enough to collapse and fail into bankruptcy when it was worth 10x what it is now. It takes money to make more money, and it is abundantly clear that Atari doesn't have any. Maybe they can continue to squeak by on nostalgic goodwill and licensing their old name, but more likely than not, they're going to run out of steam. Just because the near-useless stock went up from 10 cents to 20 cents (oooh! double your money) doesn't mean it's a good long term bet for anyone except for day traders.

Also, this isn't a financial forum. Speaking for myself, I am here to talk about ancient video games, with a side of Mexican food. The business aspect is tertiary to me and the financial side almost irrelevant, except when people who LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY keep posting laughable silliness in this thread, which by all rights, should be dead. It's only continuing out of satire and the occasional dunderhead.

• Like 9

Not a single person said that. Stop being stupid.

My apologies, I had it confused with this thread, where indeed people think Atari is a joke:

https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/76ym09/time_to_buy_atari/

And if Atari wants grassroots support, heres what their target audience is saying:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYkn4woSUzw

Spoiler: Ataribox is a joke and Atari is a joke.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

As an aside, I'd just like to point out that Game Dev Story is an awesome app.

I need to replay it, but pretend I'm Atari SA, and not release any new console, and just churn out the same tired games over and over again.

Mega Mall Story is also excellent. Clearly made at a time though when people actually went to malls.

Hoping someday Kairosoft will create Taco Truck Story. I'd be all over that.

• Like 2