IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So was there ever any update as to what is happeneing with the AtariBox?

Yes.

This Valentine's Day, celebrate the two-month anniversary of Atariboxcorp, Inc. cancelling their crowdfunding campaign and keeping completely mum as to any future plans for the Ataribox.

And remember: there's no better way to say 'I Love You' than with the gift of a taco.

• Like 7

Actually all that licensed stuff with Atari logos, is exactly what I would call a step in the right direction.

When I said this, I was mostly thinking in terms of anything they can do to make money without crowdfunding.

However if they took some money, hired some programmers and made a game, even just something small and downloadable for PS4 or XBOX1, or mobile devices...That would be good too. :)

Yeah but what will you say when they bring the fun? My stalk will soar to 11!!

Careful. At level 11 your stalk reaches the giant's castle. If he catches you he'll grind your bones to make his bread. If your quick tho, you can get the goose which lays the golden eggs. If you do that you can fund the Ataribox! Or just buy Atari outright. Or buy Tacos. Your choice.

• Like 4

Careful. At level 11 your stalk reaches the giant's castle. If he catches you he'll grind your bones to make his bread. If your quick tho, you can get the goose which lays the golden eggs. If you do that you can fund the Ataribox! Or just buy Atari outright. Or buy Tacos. Your choice.

#Alwayschoosetacos

Actually all that licensed stuff with Atari logos, is exactly what I would call a step in the right direction.

It's a step in the right direction if done right, creating buzz and "brand awareness". Sure they can rake in some nickels and dimes pushing tees and hats with the Fuji logo on it, heck even i got a bag with the Atari fuji on it as a present because the person giving it to me knew i liked to play "those old games", but it is a far cry from producing stuff that ACTUALLY relate to you as a game/console/tech-related company, rather than a fashionable brand. Selling licences for clothes, bags and hats with speakers in the brim will not give them the experience need to make a console, but i guess they rather take it on the same way, just license it and hope for the best.

Yes, they are making that Rollercoaster Tycoon-thing and that Pride-parade game, but it's a far cry from the position they really want to be in.

I'm looking at it from this angle: there are 3 current hardware projects with the Atari logo that is relevant right now. The Flashbacks, which are by all accounts some kind of success. The Gameband, which is (from my perspective) on life-support and struggling hard, and the very much dead Ataribox. The latter 2 has (had?) the same people on them at the top and things are not well, and AtGames handles the first one. Maybe i'm making a too simplified analysis but i'm ready to say that Mac & co perhaps isn't the best people to handle these rather advanced projects and should perhaps "stick" (heh!) to USB-sticks on bracelets.

Of course i have no idea if AtGames are more capable or even interested in making a watch or a more advanced box, but i really like how they upped the ante between the rather crude Flashback 4 and the much more elegant Flashback 8 Gold which is my most recent buy. Things are certainly moving in the right direction there.

• Like 6

Today, I made a discovery that can only - and I state this with no hyperbole - be described as being of monumental importance. It's likely on par with the discovery of radium or perhaps the invention of the Ronco Pocket Fisherman.

Setting out from the house earlier, my intention was to run a couple of errands and pick up some tacos for lunch. However, as I was going about my pre-lunch business, I came to realization that I hadn't been to the local (and rather excellent) Greek takeaway in some time. Despite the inherent splendour and allure of tacos, my course was clear: a gyros plate was to be obtained.

Having brought the repast home, there was no doubt that previous experiments involving the Mayan hot sauce would be repeated: it was already known to greatly enhance the taste and enjoyment of gyro meat. But what was unknown was that a discovery to rival those made in all of art, science, and invention was about to take place.

For reasons that are not entirely clear, I removed the top from the container of tzatziki (not pictured below) and placed it on top of the gyro meat and fries as I was sprinkling the Mayan sauce onto the food. Some of the Mayan sauce landed on the tzatziki. Curious, and using a french fry as a tasting implement, I carefully sampled the Mayan sauce / tzatziki mix.

So profund a flavor experience it was that I attained instant understanding - no, a consciousness - of what it must have been like to witness the huge thuderclaps and gurgling rock formations found inside of solid matter, and wept.

Tacos remain inviolate; nothing I have described here diminishes their position or prestige. But the Mayan / tzatziki mixture has a transcendent nature beyond mere tastes and flavors; it is simply of the essence of delight and amazement and wonder.

4ah3qpZ.jpg

• Like 7

Today, I made a discovery that can only - and I state this with no hyperbole - be described as being of monumental importance. It's likely on par with the discovery of radium or perhaps the invention of the Ronco Pocket Fisherman.

Setting out from the house earlier, my intention was to run a couple of errands and pick up some tacos for lunch. However, as I was going about my pre-lunch business, I came to realization that I hadn't been to the local (and rather excellent) Greek takeaway in some time. Despite the inherent splendour and allure of tacos, my course was clear: a gyros plate was to be obtained.

Having brought the repast home, there was no doubt that previous experiments involving the Mayan hot sauce would be repeated: it was already known to greatly enhance the taste and enjoyment of gyro meat. But what was unknown was that a discovery to rival those made in all of art, science, and invention was about to take place.

For reasons that are not entirely clear, I removed the top from the container of tzatziki (not pictured below) and placed it on top of the gyro meat and fries as I was sprinkling the Mayan sauce onto the food. Some of the Mayan sauce landed on the tzatziki. Curious, and using a french fry as a tasting implement, I carefully sampled the Mayan sauce / tzatziki mix.

So profund a flavor experience it was that I attained instant understanding - no, a consciousness - of what it must have been like to witness the huge thuderclaps and gurgling rock formations found inside of solid matter, and wept.

Tacos remain inviolate; nothing I have described here diminishes their position or prestige. But the Mayan / tzatziki mixture has a transcendent nature beyond mere tastes and flavors; it is simply of the essence of delight and amazement and wonder.

4ah3qpZ.jpg

This is Great beyond all understanding! Should I be concerned at how hungry this makes me considering I'm a vegetarian? Seriously, sounds awesome! Wow!!!!!

We're gonna need an AtariShovel for all the money we're about to make:

attachicon.gifAtariSpatula.jpg

Holy cow!!! I bet a ton of us would buy one (or a dozen) of these in a heartbeat!! That is just so Amazing!!! That would be the Atari lifestyle Right There!

Let me make some phone calls,....No guarantees, but my sister's former roommate's friend was a buddy of one of the assistants to the head of a big spatula conglomerate, and his friend was even best friends with the Liaison to the Associate Executive Director of the Head of Video Game/Spatula Cross Marketing's Licensing Division. Let me get on the horn and see if I can get something going.

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 3