IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I don't think that will happen for a while yet. Especially considering how Half Life 2: Episode 3 took long enough to get released.

Point Of Advice: I HATE EPISODIC RELEASES! :mad:

Why do you think I used that, as an example?

• Like 3

Atari settles Alone in the Dark dispute, pays mostly in stock that they poofed into existence in April:

Atari and Mr. Raynal have agreed on a transactional agreement under which all rights of the Alone in the Dark franchise, including moral rights, are the property of Atari and the parties recognize no harm. The agreement also provides for the payment by Atari to Mr. Raynal of the sum of 358,000 euros and the surrender of 39,250 Atari shares held in treasury, compared to provision of € 300,000 included in Atari's consolidated financial statements as at March 31, 2018. The agreement therefore has no significant impact on these accounts. The parties finally agreed on a Mr. Raynal's participation in the profits on the sale of the Alone in the Dark franchise or in the case of a license granted to a third party.

THQ Nordic acquires Alone in the Dark, Act of War IPs [from Atari]

The Atari press release says they were sold for 735,000 euros; approximately $865,719.

And people say there's no news coming out of Atari.

Let the great AtariSA IP Rummage Sale begin!

• Like 2

I thought the new emission and 7.5 million Euro investment (referred to as shares poofed into existance) was to develop the various IP that Atari owns. Then again finding someone willing to buy it from them probably also is a form of IP development or at least refinement.

• Like 2

I fail to see appeal in being the first on the block to get any unknown electronic device. I understand there's the 'status' of owning a launch edition and the potential collector's resale value in the future, but I've learned over the years that first releases of almost any electronic device is prone to bugs and defects. I prefer not having to pay to be a tester.

• Like 8

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS?

AND YOUR STOCK?

Don't forget the Netflixmomscoin!

Though, strangely enough, when I go to binance.com and search for 'Atari'... I get nothing.

And here I had been, hoping to get in on the ground floor of this amazing fleecing investment opportunity.

That money shall instead be invested in a taco lunch for my wife and I at our local preferred Mexican restaurant, where our funding shall help to ensure that they continue providing tacos sabrosos into the future. As an investment with practically guaranteed long-term returns, it strikes me as being the only sane strategy.

They also don't short you on the margaritas either, so they've got that going for them, too.

As an aside: any time I see a stock chart of Atari SA's performance that shows an uptick, a mental image of the Excitebike guy going hurtling off the end of the graph into oblivion while still clinging to his motorcycle pops into my head. His trajectory takes him straight into the gaping maw of a monster somewhere at the bottom of the graph. This is what I imagine it's like to be an 'investor' in Atari SA.

• Like 6

any time I see a stock chart of Atari SA's performance that shows an uptick, a mental image of the Excitebike guy going hurtling off the end of the graph into oblivion while still clinging to his motorcycle pops into my head. His trajectory takes him straight into the gaping maw of a monster somewhere at the bottom of the graph. This is what I imagine it's like to be an 'investor' in Atari SA.

That made me think about the Price is Right game, Cliffhangers, only the Atari stock can only go up so much before it falls down again.

post-18158-0-89849000-1537753101_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I watched some Handegg this weekend.

I don't think they'll be changing the name, unfortunately.

Apparently, "NHL" is already taken.

Any sport where felony assault results in a two-minute bench penalty is fine by me icon_mrgreen.gif

Besides, I grew up playing rugby. This whole thing with pads and helmets and being able to pass forward and half-time shows and play stopping every nine seconds for at least 30 minutes... It makes no sense to me. Can't call it football, American or otherwise. It's Handegg icon_razz.gif

8LFymYH.jpg

• Like 3