IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I actually almost want to dispute my charge as well. I'm at the pushing point where I just might do so. Then I'd put that returned money towards the Google console, because Sega's a major partner with them.

Good luck. I just emailed BACKERKIT also just to see if they could help.

I am sure I am screwed as far as getting my money back but I want to know I tried.

Backerkit can't help either in case anyone else was going to try them also.

I sent Atari some more emails from the list of contacts they provide on their own website and guess what... they bounce back... :roll:

• Like 1

I actually almost want to dispute my charge as well. I'm at the pushing point where I just might do so. Then I'd put that returned money towards the Google console, because Sega's a major partner with them.

LOL are you sure? I don't think SEGA is in a position to be a "major" anything these days.

Google starts and abandons stuff all the time. Just an hour ago, for example: https://gizmodo.com/when-google-fiber-abandons-your-city-as-a-failed-experi-1833244198

Do what you want, but the Nintendo Switch would be a far better use of one's money and attention.

• Like 9

I'd have much rather seen the campaign fail before it succeeded than for it to fail after. I wouldn't fault supporters for holding a "hope for the best and prepare for the worst" position, though.

I think my best hope is to wait until July and see if the bank will take pitty on me and write off the charges.

LOL are you sure? I don't think SEGA is in a position to be a "major" anything these days.

Google starts and abandons stuff all the time. Just an hour ago, for example: https://gizmodo.com/when-google-fiber-abandons-your-city-as-a-failed-experi-1833244198

Do what you want, but the Nintendo Switch would be a far better use of one's money and attention.

Already got a Switch, barely ever use it. :P

At least Google is a recognizable brand and they're going to... well.... come out with something. Lol.

Just like your AtariBox!

You're neglecting a good thing.

giphy.gif

Nah, I'm just not a huge Nintendo fan.

I consider Nintendo the best current-gen console maker, but they still screw up a lot. I mainly bought a Switch because I liked the concept of the hardware itself, and I wanted a way to play Sonic Mania/Puyo Puyo Tetris/etc. portably.

As you probably recall, I don't care at all about the PS4 or Xbox One, etc. PC is pretty much my main platform of choice for gaming, but I really like the fact that Sega's doing work with Google here.

Edited by Lodmot

And, thanks to our friends from M2, it's already got some SEGA goodness.

• Like 1

James Joseph Sullivan 8 hours ago

I think if we wait until this event is complete, we will likely get some good news.

March 18-22, 2019 | San Francisco, CA

Last year they showed the shell. This year hopefully they show us the ocean.

Plus they keep saying there are lots of things they are not authorized to discuss yet, lots of developers want this to be their unveiling. Not just for Atari, but Microsoft, Sony, may inquire about licensing. Which for companies is just another transaction, but for those developers it’s everything.

Who is this kool-aid drinking troglodyte? Atari rented a room in the no tell motel across the street from the thing last year to show a plastic brick. They aren't even doing that this year, and this goober is convinced developers are holding back for a big unveiling. Which way to the vomitorium? Somebody please thin the heard. These people are on our roads and breath our air.

• Like 7