IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So if proven wrong yet again, it's safe to assume the mods will lock his forum account, print out his profile, burn it to ash, piss on the ashes, sweep the wet ashes into a ziploc bag, encase the bag into a brick of cement, and deposit the brick into a very deep septic tank?

• Like 3

I want him to quit being a shill for a rights-squatting fake company that doesn't care about him in the least.

Except he isn't even a proper shill. He's a nutter that imagines things are going to happen, and then seems legitimately disappointed when they don't.

• Like 5

Oh, hey look, an 11th update with nearly the same amount of substance as the 10th update...

I say "nearly", because they actually revealed that the console is now getting upgraded to an AMD Ryzen APU, and they've delayed the release to the end of 2019.

So will that be the routine now? Every year they release like 4 updates, 3 of which have nothing to do with the progress of the project whatsoever, and 1 that has a small blurb saying "Yeah, we delayed the system another 6 months and bumped up to an APU from one from 2015 to one from 2016.

Give me the Google/Sega console. XP

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 8

This is an exact copy of the update Lodmot mentioned above (I stay on the mailing list for the laughs ) We can all eat our words and rest easy I am sure.....

Hello Fans!
The team entered the year 2019 with a lot of great momentum and excitement around the Atari VCS project, confident in our direction and progress. Atari is working with some of the top talent and companies in the business, all helping to implement the vision for both the product and all the elements that go into it.
This project’s integrity and backers’ emotional and financial investments are and will always be our top priorities. Today’s new Atari VCS blog, linked below, discusses our recent decision to upgrade to an all-new AMD chip, and its impact on the product’s delivery which is now end of 2019.
When reading the blog, we hope you all appreciate the reasons why we decided to make this upgrade and why, when given an opportunity to improve the product in exchange for a new delivery date, we chose to upgrade. Working together with project partners and stakeholders, we took the time to fully-mature this important decision before making it public. The team is listening to your comments and questions and are confident that this change positively reflects many of our fans’ and backers’ feedback.
We also acknowledge your requests for more frequent updates, but please bear in mind that Atari and its partners are constrained by mutually-agreed approval processes and other restrictions that may be legal, self-imposed, regulatory and/or some combination of these. Details about the product(s) and strategies of both Atari and its partners can and will be shared only when all stakeholders agree.
We cannot thank you enough for your support!
— The Atari VCS Team
  • Like 11

This is an exact copy of the update Lodmot mentioned above (I stay on the mailing list for the laughs ) We can all eat our words and rest easy I am sure.....

Hello Fans!
The team entered the year 2019 with a lot of great momentum and excitement around the Atari VCS project, confident in our direction and progress. Atari is working with some of the top talent and companies in the business, all helping to implement the vision for both the product and all the elements that go into it.
This project’s integrity and backers’ emotional and financial investments are and will always be our top priorities. Today’s new Atari VCS blog, linked below, discusses our recent decision to upgrade to an all-new AMD chip, and its impact on the product’s delivery which is now end of 2019.
When reading the blog, we hope you all appreciate the reasons why we decided to make this upgrade and why, when given an opportunity to improve the product in exchange for a new delivery date, we chose to upgrade. Working together with project partners and stakeholders, we took the time to fully-mature this important decision before making it public. The team is listening to your comments and questions and are confident that this change positively reflects many of our fans’ and backers’ feedback.
We also acknowledge your requests for more frequent updates, but please bear in mind that Atari and its partners are constrained by mutually-agreed approval processes and other restrictions that may be legal, self-imposed, regulatory and/or some combination of these. Details about the product(s) and strategies of both Atari and its partners can and will be shared only when all stakeholders agree.
We cannot thank you enough for your support!
— The Atari VCS Team

Where is the blog link?

• Like 1

What I take from this is:

"We're taking so long to get anything done that newer processors now cost less than our original, and it doesn't really matter anyway because we haven't built anything and upgrading paper specs is easy."

• Like 11

When I worked for Jack in the Box it was nothing unusual to get huge orders of tacos from drunks and druggies all night. It was basically their business model tbh. Nothing was more important to the management then capturing that business.

Yep.

• Like 2

Oh, hey look, an 11th update with nearly the same amount of substance as the 10th update...

It's not even Tuesday yet, and it's already a landmark day for Atari! They also announced that they Nvizzio released an update for their Chris Sawyer's game "Rollercoaster Tycoon Touch".

Wait... isn't a "Tycoon Touch" what's been getting a lot of Hollywood executives in trouble lately?

• Like 6