IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

giphy.gif

What about their controllers, software, operating system, store, partners, aesthetic finishes, thermal dynamics, voice commands, and all the other things they were bragging about? They literally haven't shown anything. Centipede and Tempest 4000 running on PC hardware doesn't count, we can do that right now, without them. Their patronizing update about how they were testing thermals

Our engineers are currently tackling the thermal solution task by studying it from two directions: 1) empirically, by taking actual power measurements and recording performance on the AMD boards, and 2) analytically, through thermal modeling of various operating scenarios. These power measurements are fed into various thermal models to validate and increase confidence in the simulation results.

is moot, and might as well never have happened. This spew from Wyatt about why they didn't choose Ryzen is also null and void.

We looked at the whole series of AMD APUs and when you factor in cost and thermals in addition to performance the Bristol Ridge family came out on top. Thermals are a much bigger deal in a consumer product than in a typical PC. Yes, on paper the Ryzen family is technically better but without increasing the cost and having a higher thermal capacity, a Ryzen APU would never run at full performance. When the Ryzen is operating in a thermally limited environment its performance is only marginally better than Bristol Ridge. We figured any additional cost would be better spent on more memory in an optimal bank layout to maximize bandwidth as this benefits everybody all the time. A thermally-limited but higher performance APU adds some performance here and there but it’s not a universal gain. We will continue to maximize the thermals to allow the Bristol Ridge APU to run at maximum speed.

Their claims of listening to community feedback? Well, I guess you could say that finally switching to the obvious Ryzen platform many months after it made sense to do so could be seen as making an effort to "gather the feedback we need to make the Atari VCS the best ..." but good god, what a ridiculous example of too little, too late.

This project is a dynamic and evolving and this crowdfunding strategy will help us verify the community’s ongoing interest and support, bring new fans into the fold, and gather the feedback we need to make the Atari VCS the best gaming and entertainment device it can possibly be.

I've used this graphic repeatedly, but they never seem to get it in gear, do they? Q2 ends in less than 2 weeks, GDC is tomorrow, and they're no further along then when "Atari" goon Michael Arzt showed the empty mockup case this time last year.

post-2410-0-77248300-1545483848_thumb.jp

Even assuming that anything they say about delivery times is true and accurate, they've done nothing to assuage concerns about quality, or support.

post-2410-0-33292900-1552952240_thumb.png

I really want to know, who is the rocket surgeon who wrote this little gem?

We also acknowledge your requests for more frequent updates, but please bear in mind that Atari and its partners are constrained by mutually-agreed approval processes and other restrictions that may be legal, self-imposed, regulatory and/or some combination of these. Details about the product(s) and strategies of both Atari and its partners can and will be shared only when all stakeholders agree.

Are we supposed to be impressed by that gobbledegook? Because it means, "there will be no updates, for secret reasons."

This strikes me as pure Rob "my life is a very complicated drinking game" Wyatt, quite possibly hoodwinking the corporate "Atari" backers, just as they are fleecing the IndieGogo pigeons. Perhaps everyone is stuck, and they don't have anyone else who would take this shit gig:

The Atari VCS team will continue to keep backers and fans posted on major developments and will publish an updated project schedule as soon as we finalize it with the factory and all stakeholders. More generally, we look forward to sharing a variety of other Atari VCS updates over the next few months, such as news about design architecture, distribution partnerships, peripherals and accessory updates, game and media partnerships and other content, VCS user experience, on-screen dashboard and storefront, service offerings, and of course, more specifics about the new AMD APU and its impact.

This is indistinguishable from the original pitch. What's next? Another 6 month delay when they "realize" that their planned 32GB eMMC storage device is laughably insufficient for running even the smallest of modern games? If ANYTHING about their proposed spec is interesting to you, I would get your money out of their silly campaign so you could put it towards something real, such as this similarly low-end Ryzen laptop, with a proven operating system, plenty of storage, and oh one minor thing, it actually exists.

Here is some cheese we put on our tacos this evening. "Queso quesadilla cheese" sounds like it's from the department of redundancy department!

post-2410-0-17032000-1552952818_thumb.png

Here's a skeptical backer

post-2410-0-34207800-1552952920_thumb.png

and here's another

post-2410-0-66883800-1552952992_thumb.png

But for every one of those, there seems to be a flat-earther like this

post-2410-0-11266700-1552953044_thumb.png

giphy.gif

... and that's more than I should be saying at this point, since I have spilled way more ink communicating why this is a total scam than "Atari" has done to convince anyone that it's real. Every member of their team deserves an asterisk on their resume for being associated with such an embarrassment.

I wouldn't hold it against them if they just admitted they've bitten off more than they can chew.

giphy.gif

• Like 13

HAHAHAAHAAHAHA!

Best get your credit card refunds now, since they admit they will not be meeting the original deadline, but barfing all over it. This is a disaster in formation, just needs the fake prototype and electrical tape.

Next delay will be "we are waiting for UPS to start delivering by drones so we can ship the VCS to our backers at minimal charge, so wait until the year 2025 for your tracking numbers sucker.... I mean backers.

I have never seen anything like this before in my li.. oh wait yes I have Coleco Chameleon, Phantom Entertainment/Infinium Labs, Indiegogos Vega+..., and the Infinite Taco Machine..

(Ok I made that last one up just to include Tacos in this rant)

I think I found a continuation of this "Update" more like Downdate since it has been pushed back,

...Since we are delaying the project to better service you, Numero Uno, we will also include imaginary sheet since it will never see the light of day! In addition to the new processor, we will be including a 20" Folding Screen for on the go play! also every VCS will include a universal translator, it will translate every language created from Pig Latin to Klingon and everything in between! we are sooooooo super excited!

SO hold of on those refund requests because you definetly dont want to miss out on the product of a lifetime!

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4

So to recap:

- Atari SA is not coming to GDC 2019 to show off their fantastic console that was supposed to only be a few months away from launch

- They have come up with some lame excuse that the VCS is now delayed until "the end of 2019" because they are upgrading the hardware's CPU

- They have invented "self-imposed" regulations to ignore your comments/criticisms about a game console that 11,000 people have spent money on

- They still have not announced any new partner

- They have not shown any games running on the hardware

- They have not announced any new games

- Some people still believe in the VCS

- Tacos

Did I miss anything?

• Like 7

Atari's new release date better reflects the forward-thinking momentum of their new digital gaming paradigm. By leveraging bleeding-edge blockchain-centric technologies, Atari can deliver maxlmum value to grey-sector consumers. The assets created by their digital marketplace enhance the lifestyle of the social-media-Savvy segment. This move proves, without a doubt, that Atari has a pre-production prototype model sample ready to meet the approval of all key stakeholders.

• Like 15