IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I've started work on the Tacobox OS code, now in early access.  It's not unfinished.  It is the current state of the software which we will continue to refine and finesse up until launch, and as with any game system, beyond.

1. #include <stdio.h>
  2. int main()
  3. {
  4. // printf() displays the string inside quotation
  5. printf("Hello, World!");
  6. return 0;
  7. }

Now throw money at me so I can continue work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I've started work on the Tacobox OS code, now in early access.  It's not unfinished.  It is the current state of the software which we will continue to refine and finesse up until launch, and as with any game system, beyond.

1. #include <stdio.h>
  2. int main()
  3. {
  4. // printf() displays the string inside quotation
  5. printf("Hello, World!");
  6. return 0;
  7. }

But can moms use Netflix with it?

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Sure, it won't be unfinished. They'd need had to have actually started something to call it that. ?

Maybe their plan is to send out boxes of random loose parts and see if anyone can assemble them into a working machine?

A HeathKit style product to build a 2600 clone with new components would actually be really fun, probably wouldn't move many units, but it would be fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

You know what's absolutely fucking great?

Because of you writing that little piece of code, posting it here and declaring it as code for Atari OS, we technically speaking now have proof that it exists IN SOME FORM. ;D

Lol.....

Edited by Lodmot
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

And in Indiegogoland today:

mtotQLq.png

I've been reading The Register sporadically throughout the day (as is my custom), and there's no new Ataribollocks™ content on there that I can find.  Either I've missed something, El Reg's search is broken, or the drugs in the supporters' group are having increased effect.

T3UEcNW.png

@Max Ivi, you were once so close to stepping back from the edge.  There's still time.  Eat the taco.  Savour the taco.  Be one with the taco.

lzt0nQj.png

h7969A581

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

@x=usr(1536) maybe he was referring to this article?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/09/30/who_me/

Could be.  Then again:

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Of course it's "The Register," not the registry, and that individual has been confused before. 

Yep, and his past lack of clarity is why I'm not putting too much effort into trying to figure it out.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

I must admit I'm largely just checking in at this point to see when Atari throws up the white flag and cops to not being able to ship in December to the backers. 

Certainly one option I guess is if they can start producing these very soon (VERY soon to make December), they might be able to slowly (VERY slowly) start to roll out systems to backers with "beta" software with super limited features that basically runs the usual Atari bundle of games and maybe can access Antstream. They can then call that a victory and take MORE time to roll out the rest of the systems and features, all the time promising more to come, etc. That's the only "win" scenario for them I see at this point. Otherwise, it's exactly as you say, there will be another delay, etc. It's a really unfortunate situation that they really didn't have to put themselves in.

• Like 7

At this point you would think the retail packaging would be completed as well. Clearly they don't have anything in that regard or it would be plastered all over the place. An empty box for their empty shell would make their lemmings ecstatic with joy. Maybe they are brown boxing this this thing, who knows. I guess I'm just a mindless hater.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Shawn said:

At this point you would think the retail packaging would be completed as well. Clearly they don't have anything in that regard or it would be plastered all over the place. An empty box for their empty shell would make their lemmings ecstatic with joy. Maybe they are brown boxing this this thing, who knows. I guess I'm just a mindless hater.

Retail supposedly isn't until March, so they can hide behind that excuse for a bit longer.

As for the pre-orders, would you want your postman to know you'd put the cash down for one? Generic packaging is clearly the way to go. ?

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Brown boxing, like CBG, super RARE!!11!!OMG

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

If you recall early on, they introduced a box in a video.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm surprised the controllers don't really get mentioned that often-- what about those? o u o

I saw this video on YouTube from CNET where you can actually see both the modern controller and joystick working, at least to some extent. This was taken back in like June:

Keep in mind, this shouldn't be a confidence builder to anyone. Remember, they need to make at least several thousand of these.

But, this could at least show that the controllers are in a functional state. I also was able to match up the Missile Command gameplay with the person's hand movements on the joystick (though he could just be doing it in sync with the footage for all we know).

Just thought it was kinda interesting.

Edited by Lodmot