IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Time to hit up the stores to get my %90 off cards, decoration and wraping paper for next year :)
Atari should get in on the discount and buy 10,000 Consolation cards to mail to the backers with the unfinished Console that they had to Consolidate to the failed projects pile.

Anyway, I hope nothing but the best for Atari in 2020, go forth into the new year 10,000 strong!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eltigro said:

No VCS under the tree, but I did get a Guy Fieri cookbook that has a taco recipe in it, so that's good enough, I guess...

No one got a VCS under their tree.  It's possible you'll get one for Easter if the Easter Bunny shops the clearance section. 

On a side note, it's interesting watching the IG backers get testy with each other.   Some of them clearly know this thing is DOA.  Some of them are expecting remasters of classic games, exclusives, and a marketing campaign.   It's amazing how people can have such wildly different viewpoints about the same thing. 

• Like 4

You know I loves me some SHOT/CHASERS.  You probably also know that a boilermaker is a shot-chaser combo.  The internet tells me it can be drank separately, but the way I know of it is that the shot gets dropped into the beer before consuming:

23-boiler-maker-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Over in the Indiegogo comments, in a roundabout way @Lodmot dared suggest the Christmas update was not an update:  

image.thumb.png.4265972e49d1d8d727b1cdf519b6ed30.png

The usual suspects attacked him, but Jessie Scroggins did so in such spectacular fashion it deserves its own "boilermaker" heading.  He attacks Tommy then the very next message basically paraphrases the very thing Tommy had written.  The bottom post below is the older of the two.

BOILERMAKER:

459178494_IGG_Scorgginsboilermaker.thumb.jpg.a9c825d8e76ce6d010dd85a536923bef.jpg

Tommy points this out to him later.  Bravo, @Lodmot

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

You know I loves me some SHOT/CHASERS.  You probably also know that a boilermaker is a shot-chaser combo.  The internet tells me it can be drank separately, but the way I know of it is that the shot gets dropped into the beer before consuming:

23-boiler-maker-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Over in the Indiegogo comments, in a roundabout way @Lodmot dared suggest the Christmas update was not an update:  

image.thumb.png.4265972e49d1d8d727b1cdf519b6ed30.png

The usual suspects attacked him, but Jessie Scroggins did so in such spectacular fashion it deserves its own "boilermaker" heading.  He attacks Tommy then the very next message basically paraphrases the very thing Tommy had written.  The bottom post below is the older of the two.

BOILERMAKER:

459178494_IGG_Scorgginsboilermaker.thumb.jpg.a9c825d8e76ce6d010dd85a536923bef.jpg

Tommy points this out to him later.  Bravo, @Lodmot

Jessie might be the new Karl! Prepare for takeoff!!!

giphy.gif.b4b98cb8418823a272e0e03a6a33ce69.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@PlaysWithWolves My people call that a "car bomb." Not the most politically correct name, but seems to me to be an accurate description for most of these "retro but not" products talking a big game lately. 

Irish_Car_Bomb.jpg

Take an old brand name, and drop it into a cheap single board Linux computer, or if you prefer, a foot soaker with tiny touchscreens, then watch the foam and suds rise up! Yum. 

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

"What's your favorite Atari game?" *shows pictures of Activision games

This is why people don't respect the new Atari.   It's not because they're French, or because we're sentimental.   They simply have no understanding or respect for the legacy of the IP they acquired.  These social media snafus are just cringe inducing. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

@PlaysWithWolves My people call that a "car bomb." Not the most politically correct name, but seems to me to be an accurate description for most of these "retro but not" products talking a big game lately. 

Irish_Car_Bomb.jpg

Take an old brand name, and drop it into a cheap single board Linux computer, or if you prefer, a foot soaker with tiny touchscreens, then watch the foam and suds rise up! Yum. 

Local irish bar here refuses to serve those. Me and a friend almost tried to order a Betty White. If they asked what that was we were going to give the car bomb recipe and say its what we imagine she would taste like.

We didn't go through with it though. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Agillig said:

This is why people don't respect the new Atari.   It's not because they're French, or because we're sentimental.   They simply have no understanding or respect for the legacy of the IP they acquired.  These social media snafus are just cringe inducing. 

Also, in that short Christmas message they use the word "brand" six times.

They know their name and logo are their best assets.

• Like 4