IGNORED

Sega games on the Atari Jaguar (from sega-16 post)

phoenixdownita

SOR on Jag?? Man, that could have been great. Might have given me an actual reason to fire up the Jag back then, sigh.

In fairness, I DID enjoy that Jag pinball game a whole lot, and the 'giant robo' game was fun for a while, even if the robot moved like he was caught in sludge.

SOR II was the pinnacle of the series..Sega never seemed to be able to recapture the magic with the 3rd title..threw in far too much and came away offering less.

Mech's are supposed to be lumbering giant gun platforms in essence..something Iron Solider captured well.

Unless your Mech has rocket boosters as I know some Japanese games offer..It shouldn't be a nippy creature.

There..sensible Sega discussion. .

SOR II was the pinnacle of the series..Sega never seemed to be able to recapture the magic with the 3rd title..threw in far too much and came away offering less.

Mech's are supposed to be lumbering giant gun platforms in essence..something Iron Solider captured well.

Unless your Mech has rocket boosters as I know some Japanese games offer..It shouldn't be a nippy creature.

Man, SOR 2 probably makes my top five games of all time. So great. Sure, the third was sort of a rehash, but I love it all the same. (Just not as much.)

I like that much better! Extra neat that it came on a new page.

Streets of Rage 2 on Jaguar, with "thousands of colors," and better music playback would have been neat, too bad no one was around to make it. I need to better appreciate that old game. I have the 3DS version, wish I could play it right now.

• Like 1

SOR 2 is one of the few Mega Drive games i constantly return to..on PS3.

The music was simply amazing..fighting the bar keeper in a seedy back alley in the pouring rain was just such an iconic moment..

It's basically why i was so late getting a SNES and didn't keep that for long.

It's up their with Jungle Strike and Resident Evil 2 as how you deliver a sequel.

Sega went the bigger memory cart for SOR 3..bigger sprites etc..but formula felt tired..rehash etc.

Always felt so Dissapointed by it.

I like that much better! Extra neat that it came on a new page.

Streets of Rage 2 on Jaguar, with "thousands of colors," and better music playback would have been neat, too bad no one was around to make it. I need to better appreciate that old game. I have the 3DS version, wish I could play it right now.

4 hrs sleep after a night shift accounts for a lot on my part

But yes so much could of been done with classic Genesis games on Jaguar. Bigger sprites..improved audio..much improved colour range..high resolution backgrounds etc etc.

Wether Atari would of offered up straight ports or enhanced versions is the big question though.

SOR 2 is one of the few Mega Drive games i constantly return to..on PS3.

The music was simply amazing..fighting the bar keeper in a seedy back alley in the pouring rain was just such an iconic moment..

It's basically why i was so late getting a SNES and didn't keep that for long.

It's up their with Jungle Strike and Resident Evil 2 as how you deliver a sequel.

Sega went the bigger memory cart for SOR 3..bigger sprites etc..but formula felt tired..rehash etc.

Always felt so Dissapointed by it.

Speaking of the music, I can't be the only one to have noticed this obvious correlation:

(Direct ripoff?)

;)

• Like 1

Speaking of the music, I can't be the only one to have noticed this obvious correlation:

(Direct ripoff?)

;)

Yeah, people noticed it decades ago, hehe. Actually it often gets mentioned on those sadeness youtube videos. What do they say: "imitation is the finest form of flattery". There are tons of videogame tracks inspired on "real" music. Some more blatant than other, Supercross 3D anyone?

And yeah, to me SOR 1 and 2 offer some of the finest videogame tracks ever, not only are the compositions great, but they make great use of the Sega Genesis sound hardware. Call me weirdo, but i am a big fan of Sega Genesis music, i often find myself listening to more Genesis tracks than "real" music, hehe. I wonder how some of the great "6 FM and 4 PSG channels combo music" would translate to the Jaguar sound hardware...

Edited by sd32

I don't take your meaning. Are you suggesting I choose a side and participate in the idiot troll war happpening in other forums?

I seriously feel like I've been left out. How can I keep up with the troll war, and which side am I supposed to be on? No one has told me. I'm usually the first kid that gets picked in dodge ball, but I feel like I'm being left out.

You people have already created computer gangs and are fighting amongst yourselves, and I wasn't included or asked to join a side... :(

• Like 1

I seriously feel like I've been left out. How can I keep up with the troll war, and which side am I supposed to be on? No one has told me. I'm usually the first kid that gets picked in dodge ball, but I feel like I'm being left out.

You people have already created computer gangs and are fighting amongst yourselves, and I wasn't included or asked to join a side... :(

D9P9U1RgUJ2xy.gif

I created a thread about this whilst i was active on Atari I.O..had a PM from a friend on there tonight saying an ex-Atari employee..by user name of Marigul,

had seen it and posted this comment:

'Honestly, I kind of only vaguely remember this...not quite sure why any of the Sega games never happened. Its possible that they wanted additional funds and we didn't have the resources to fully execute...(I'm sure they didn't want any of our stuff lol)'

I've asked for further details on his role whilst at Atari..but thought i would share the info..

sega ended up owning a portion of atari stock, the setlement involved them paying atari for so many stock at the price of the setlement then a 5 game rule where atari gets 5 games sega gets 5 atari games, developement time unless it was going to be a straight genesis port would of took a year, atari had done the merger before that happened and shut down any games that weren't near completion or contracts they couldn't get out of.

atari also probably wouldn't of wanted vr racing as they slowed down production on similar titles to ones that were on their system, the reason mk3 was slowed down production on was atari had 2 similar titles already produced and it would hurt sales so nba jam was worked on faster out of the acclaim deal, im assuming batman was just going to cost a fortune with liscences.

but imagine what 95 could of been mk3, nba jam, batman from acclaim, 5 sega games, all the sports games, ffl the completed version. would of been great

• Like 1

sega ended up owning a portion of atari stock, the setlement involved them paying atari for so many stock at the price of the setlement then a 5 game rule where atari gets 5 games sega gets 5 atari games, developement time unless it was going to be a straight genesis port would of took a year, atari had done the merger before that happened and shut down any games that weren't near completion or contracts they couldn't get out of.

atari also probably wouldn't of wanted vr racing as they slowed down production on similar titles to ones that were on their system, the reason mk3 was slowed down production on was atari had 2 similar titles already produced and it would hurt sales so nba jam was worked on faster out of the acclaim deal, im assuming batman was just going to cost a fortune with liscences.

but imagine what 95 could of been mk3, nba jam, batman from acclaim, 5 sega games, all the sports games, ffl the completed version. would of been great

• 2 months later...

What kind of special stupid LIES to Nolan Bushnell about being a teacher in a Skype interview he is doing for his YT Channel, doesn't edit the lie out and then Spam promotes said video for all to see him lying to his supposed idol?

Could it be the type who says here Leonard, have a gander at this Panther article i cobbled together from other people's websites, a UK magazine and my own special blend of speculation and made up claim.

Does this interview with Leonard Tramiel (from 2017.) have something to do with these claims?

(skip to 8:30)
  • Like 2