IGNORED

The Official Nintendo Gamecube Thread

Tanooki

I saw that they pulled that game off then I saw you needed to use a hack/bypass/mod chip to run it -- cared no more.  I'm a bit surprised with all the leaks over the last few years the GC boot loader and how to burn to make discs works hasn't fixed this issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I see things like this, it makes me second guess offloading my cube.  Shikigami I had before, but it didn't like the glitching and it got repetitive.  Radirgy I got cheap long ago, never really got into it and sold it, same shop locally still failing to sell it for $80. :)  Chaos Field I never got around to, but I did with Ikaruga.  That one I did sell off, seemed pointless as I had the PC version which isn't locked down, solid game even if I detest bullet hell patterns stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I would share this:

With the 20th Anniversary of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door around the corner, I have to say that the original still holds up to this very day. Here's hoping that Nintendo and Intelligent Systems add some new content such as a New Game +, additional difficulty settings, and some of what was cut due to time constraints. Fun fact: Admiral Bobbery was originally going to be an Army General. (Source: The Cutting Room Floor.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got myself a Freeloader for Christmas, as my old Action Replay disc loads up only about 1/8 times. It was getting to be a pain to play US/JPN games with that. So bought this one at a our regional online auction and just put it in gift wrapping and didn't think much at it. Had to do a double take when I opened the package:

524157726-orig.thumb.jpg.1589a25ae5d5ea879f446a69aedd6f65.jpg

"For use on U.S. console". What the hell kind of a region unlocking product is this if the product itself region locked?, was my first thought. And how did I miss that on the auction item. Well I went back to look at it and luckily the seller described that he had been using the disc problem-free on his PAL console. The question then is, why would you put that console region on your product at all, so weird.

Now that I'm region free again, I should probably look into this Swiss stuff when I have time. Earlier I already bought a GC memory card with a SD card slot. Supposedly this combo will rock my world, or something.

Edited by Wayler

Funny you mention that, I've got my entire gamecube collection up on or will be up on ebay now and into January.  That freeloader, I've got the Datel one in the GTA3 print style purple DVD case and it's active.  That thing kept me into playing the UK Doshin and a few Japanese titles I have as well as it's super handy.  That disc is like 95% on point, a few games can get a little pissy (driller won't save, shikigami 2 gets garbled text boxes from character talk which is irrelevent in a shooter.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

That disc is like 95% on point, a few games can get a little pissy (driller won't save, shikigami 2 gets garbled text boxes from character talk which is irrelevent in a shooter.)

Is the garbled text similar to this? 

image.thumb.png.12da55e0d17e7be51ff0814100e8e50c.png

This is from Kururin Splash. The rest is fine but the text box is all screwy. I asked about this and it has something to do with SDK font functions and how the GC uses different character encodings between regions. I am told the correct font does exist on PAL consoles but that SDK issue makes it look gibberish. And it's a game specific issue. 

Also, good time to sell now as prices are high and the games still work. I think my buying days are done, apart from a few titles like Luigi's Mansion. 

Edited by Wayler