IGNORED

Jaguar Games List

Trooper Galactus

(Edited Post)

Here's my list, and I'll attach the updated spreadsheet as it changes. If anybody is able to check it for errors (I'm not certain which games count as homebrew, for example, and there of course could be plenty of omissions) I'd appreciate it, but the list currently stands at 145 games. I'll add to it as necessary, and will expand on the information as those with more knowledge of certain things bring me up to speed. Hopefully this will be a useful tool for people here who are either collecting everything for the Jag they can get their hands on or maybe aren't aware certain titles are out there and available. Hope you all enjoy!

Jaguar.xls

Edited by Trooper Galactus
  • Like 2

I guess it depends on what you qualify as homebrew. Another World being a good example. It's not a game with assets built entirely by homebrewers. It's a port done by homebrewers.

Black Out was on both cart and CD, but there is debate on whether or not it counts as a game.

Bomb Squad was homebrew, CD only AFAIK and no affiliation with Songbird as far as I'm aware.

Breakout 2000 was released by Telegames, not Songbird. You can find this stuff on AtariAge's game database.

Elansar also had a cart release.

Fast Food 64 was released on CD. The notes should say "least buggy version."

Impulse X also had a cart release.

Phase Zero is a demo/beta.

Protector Resurgence I guess would be considered homebrew.

Robinson's Requiem I wouldn't say is homebrew, same w/Skyhammer and Soccer Kid. Oh and Total Carnage.

World Tour Racing and Zero 5 also Telegames not Songbird.

I guess it depends on what you qualify as homebrew. Another World being a good example. It's not a game with assets built entirely by homebrewers. It's a port done by homebrewers.

No difference between that and Pinball Fantasies, Pitfall: Mayan Adventure, Syndicate, etc, etc.

No difference between that and Pinball Fantasies, Pitfall: Mayan Adventure, Syndicate, etc, etc.

I guess to me the grey area is Another World wasn't a commercial release while Atari was actively selling the Jaguar. It's not on Atari boards with mask ROMs. Pinball Fantasies and others are indeed ports, but they weren't made by a group of people selling directly to the pubic via the web 20 years after the Jag's death.

It's not black and white with some releases and I'm not sure I'd know which way to go. Maybe wording like "commercial" or "retail" release vs "independent." Or "hybrid." Who knows. Not me.

• Like 2

I guess to me the grey area is Another World wasn't a commercial release while Atari was actively selling the Jaguar. It's not on Atari boards with mask ROMs. Pinball Fantasies and others are indeed ports, but they weren't made by a group of people selling directly to the pubic via the web 20 years after the Jag's death.

It's not black and white with some releases and I'm not sure I'd know which way to go. Maybe wording like "commercial" or "retail" release vs "independent." Or "hybrid." Who knows. Not me.

Good point. Maybe we just need to add some terms to our gaming lexicon.

Good point. Maybe we just need to add some terms to our gaming lexicon.

The same debate has taken place over in the Lynx section about some of the Telegames releases. I guess it's just nerd debate at the end of the day and ultimately doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Officially licensed vs independent release? Commercial vs independent?

The same debate has taken place over in the Lynx section about some of the Telegames releases. I guess it's just nerd debate at the end of the day and ultimately doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Officially licensed vs independent release? Commercial vs independent?

I adjusted some of them to no longer be listed as homebrews, but did put a note in that they are independent ports of the games (i.e.-Joust, R-Type, etc.). I'll keep making adjustments as needed and attach an updated spreadsheet soon. If anybody sees something has been omitted, by all means let me know!

• Like 1

Worms is also Telegames.

NBA Jam supports the team tap since you noted that for WMCJ.

Skycopter and Speedster II were both cart only, neither were apparently actually "released." http://atariage.com/forums/topic/192270-skycopter-ii-speedster-ii/?do=findComment&comment=2437002

Gauntlet II supports the team tap.

Worms is also Telegames.

NBA Jam supports the team tap since you noted that for WMCJ.

Skycopter and Speedster II were both cart only, neither were apparently actually "released." http://atariage.com/forums/topic/192270-skycopter-ii-speedster-ii/?do=findComment&comment=2437002

I noted the Team Tap with WMCJ because it was actually bundled with it, not simply because it used it.

Might make sense to start breaking things up into other sheets. Maybe a sheet for just the official CD releases. Another sheet for the ST ports. A sheet for unreleased games. I won't suggest a sheet for commercial vs homebrew since we've already debated that :)

I would really suggest taking the 2 minutes to get an account on Google Docs just for this. I think you'd get more viewers and editing would be easier, no need to re-upload here every time a change is made.