IGNORED

Found a Vectrex in the wild!

Iwantgames:)

OK - I got my 2 systems and 12 games (each) (mostly boxed) (one with star castle and the other polar rescue) - around 12-15 years ago for $125 each (yes a steal - but at the time I didn't know)). Given time etc I feel this price is a tad high. I was thinking maybe $175? JMHO.

• Like 1

Man Times have changed!

My friend sold one with almost everything ..Most games, It had the light pen, but not the 3D Imager..He sold it all for $275 which was exactly what he'd paid for it 5-10 years earlier...I realize they've gone up quite a bit and I can't remember exactly when that was...But in my head it doesn't seem like it was That long ago...Maybe it's been longer than I'm thinking...Age (and possible concussions) will do that to you...

At any rate I bet he'd take less if you put cash on the table...And Yes, Vectrexes are always cool...

• Like 2

Test it first...and see:

- how bright it is,

- how aligned/focused the beam is,

- make sure the controller works well on several games, testing the analogue games if possible (Hyperchase, which I like but most people don't, is a good one for that), and

- listen to the sound, both the music/game sounds and the sound coming from the display...some have less noise than others.

Ask how many games include their overlays...those can be a significant part of a games value. Mention it will probably need a recap at some point. Anything less than perfect gives you ammunition for more of a discount.

At that asking price, I'd probably offer $175 and be willing to go up, but I would decide the maximum I'm willing to pay before going in. Also, since he has a store for reselling, you might be able to improve your offer by throwing in some game items you don't want anymore (which might be worth more to him than you). If you don't care that much about original carts, you can get a multi-cart with almost all the original games on it (plus more), and you can let him sell those separately.

• Like 1

Well the controller didn't work (button 4) so I got it for less than his asking price :) and upon opening and cleaning it works great now :D so I'm the new owner of a awesome Vectrex! Love this thing :)

Games I got with it:

Fortress of Narzod

Bedlam

Star Trek

Web Wars

Blitz!

Cosmic Chasm

Rip Off

Berzerk

Clean Sweep

Hyper Chase

• Like 5

Well the controller didn't work (button 4) so I got it for less than his asking price :) and upon opening and cleaning it works great now :D so I'm the new owner of a awesome Vectrex! Love this thing :)

Games I got with it:

Fortress of Narzod

Bedlam

Star Trek

Web Wars

Blitz!

Cosmic Chasm

Rip Off

Berzerk

Clean Sweep

Hyper Chase

Nice. Narzod is a tougher title. Some nice playing titles in there. I love web wars.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...