IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

The pic that russell56443 posted above is a heavy, while the one izzy posted would be considered light. Look at the plastick molding on the bottom, on a heavy it is much thicker and rounded where it goes up the sides on the front of the console.

Aha, got it. The side molding on izzy's goes from horizontal to vertical at a very tight angle. russell's goes up gradually. The side molding on mine goes up to 90 degrees at a gradual angle. Also, the rear marks on mine (LEFT CONTROLLER, etc) don't match up to izzy's, they're molded into the plastic instead of printed on it.

Also, I've got speaker grilles, and no channel select switch. Based on that, I'd say I beat everyone in their Tele-Games oldness with an R-suffixed unit. :)

Edited by Luigi301

I tore it open, and confirmed it was a Heavy Sixer. The switch panel board had "Atari: Intelligent Design" and "Rev B" silkscreened onto it. The main PCB, surrounded by thick shielding, had © 1977 silkscreened, along with three sets of initials.

I guess that'd make it a 1977 model, one of the first few lots?

Thanks for the confirmation though. I appreciate it. Also the Lot number that was found on another Heavy was under the aluminum shielding, did you happen to look there?

Laner, thanks for the posting.

Edited by Wester

Wow, thought I chucked it out, but just found it getting stuff ready for a move...

Anyway, mine's a Sunnyvale Heavy Sixer S/N 67588G. Also, in case anyone is tracking such things, it was bought at Eaton's in Canada (and I always thought my Dad got it in the States...) Got it for Christmas '77, though I don't know exactly when it was bought.

~G

• 4 weeks later...