IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Just found my Heavy Sixer.

SN: 39306

I don't see a channel select switch (unless it's really well hidden).

Tempest

999960[/snapback]

Does that # have a leading zero and could you post a photo of the sticker?

Thanks

1000248[/snapback]

Nope, no 0's, just the number. Here's a scan:

serialnumber.jpg

I'll try and open her up this weekend sometime and look at the board.

Tempest

I'll try and tear mine apart this weekend.  It needs a good scrubbing anyhow.

Stephen Anderson

999408[/snapback]

Well, mine doesn't have that date stamp or lot #. All it says on the board is Rev B and had a date of 8-78.

I was hoping to just do a cleaning, but I noticed that there is a busted pin on one of the joystick connectors. I'm not sure if I can repair the plug or if I will have to get another one. I hope I can get a replacement plug, as I would hate to destroy another 2600 just for this piece.

Stephen Anderson

Mine doesn't have a stamp on it either, but I did find a piece of paper taped to the shield on the cartridge slot. It looks like a piece of register paper and has a number on it: 99 41000010. Anyone know what this means?

Tempest

Mine doesn't have a stamp on it either, but I did find a piece of paper taped to the shield on the cartridge slot.  It looks like a piece of register paper and has a number on it: 99 41000010.  Anyone know what this means?

Tempest

1000515[/snapback]

No - I am assuming it is some sort of batch number. I have 2 pieces of paper in mine. The outer shield has number 99 08400237. Inside the case, taped to the PCB is another piece of paper with the number 99 01700385.

Stephen Anderson

Thanks for looking guys, those numbers on paper might be usefull if we had enough of them to compare against the actual serial numbers. It would be really great if we could find more of those lot numbers with dates on the boards to kind of link everything together. If we get enough people to post those numbers on paper I'll start adding them to the list. I'll take a second look at my boards and check the numbers on mine tommorrow too.

Tempest

999960[/snapback]

Thanks

1000248[/snapback]

serialnumber.jpg

Tempest

1000505[/snapback]

Thanks for the photo.

That silver sticker appears to be covering an original white sticker. I don't think the number on the silver sticker is the original S/N. Perhaps the silver sticker indicates that your console was refurbished at some point. I think you'd have to peel that silver sticker off to see the original number on the white sticker. However, I'm not suggesting you do this.

Perhaps a separate section should be maintained for consoles that have stickers covering the original stickers.

@Nemesis -- Did the sticker covering the original S/N on your console look like the one in Tempest's photo?

Edited by Christophero Sly

I recently bought a "heavy sixer," serial number 74606G, made in Sunnyvale. The sticker is the original white one. Sorry, I don't have a scan or picture of it, and I'm not inclined to open it up unless something goes bad and I have to! :)

Michael Rideout

1001105[/snapback]

No problem, thanks for posting the serial number thats good enough for me. Anyone that checks the circuit board is just a bonus. Plus I usually just ask for a pic if it is something we haven't seen before or they aren't sure if it is a Heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

i cracked the top of my Sears Heavy Sixer #83987S

it has to following tags on the shielding...

Register tape: 99 36300010. #

Green Label 218160

but it did not have any rev printing on it it took the board out of the shielding and nothin no where !

Edited by Tron2005

Atari Heavy - #19977G

Sears Heavy - #83311R

I've got another Sears Heavy up on ebay right now with #82475R.

It's here Sears Heavy Sixer Auction for anyone that's interested.  It is in great shape.

1011793[/snapback]

OH...forgot about this.... unfortunately I didn't include a picture with this one, but this post may interest some of you. http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...59912&hl=number

It sold for about twice the amount that it normally would have. Why didn't I post a pic!!!???

Thanks for the offer Ken, but I'm going to let that auction continue and not trade anything for it. I need some cash to replenish the PayPal account. Besides... I don't do crack ;)

Yes, I'm sure I just added an extra 0 to the number, but I cannot find any picture of it. So, if a bear craps in the forest and there's no one there to see it.... I guess it was never there at all. (sigh)

Edited by shadowdoggie

Tempest

999960[/snapback]

Thanks

1000248[/snapback]

serialnumber.jpg

Tempest

1000505[/snapback]

Thanks for the photo.

That silver sticker appears to be covering an original white sticker. I don't think the number on the silver sticker is the original S/N. Perhaps the silver sticker indicates that your console was refurbished at some point. I think you'd have to peel that silver sticker off to see the original number on the white sticker. However, I'm not suggesting you do this.

Perhaps a separate section should be maintained for consoles that have stickers covering the original stickers.

@Nemesis -- Did the sticker covering the original S/N on your console look like the one in Tempest's photo?

1000538[/snapback]

Yeah no clue on the sticker. Here's the original underneath:

serial2.jpg

Tempest