IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

Not too much eligible play time this week (the boys were too busy with their Xbox and their online tablet games to play much of anything else). I spent my hobby time building some hardware (eight SAMS memory cards for the 99/4A) with some help from Iliketurtles. All of the game time below was by the boys while they spent a couple of snow days at home.

TI-99/4A

Tutankham 45 minutes

Jet Set Willy 10 minutes

Q-Bert 20 minutes

• Like 5

My times for the week:

Saturn:
Arcade Gears 1: Pu-Li-Ru-La - 3 min.
Break Point Tennis - 4 min.
Bubble Symphony - 2 min.
Bulk Slash - 6 min.
Elevator Action Returns - 12 min.
Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster - 2 min.
Hissatsu - 5 min.
Keio Flying Squadron 2 - 4 min.
Sega Ages: Galaxy Force II - 13 min.
Steamgear Mash - 2 min.
Super Tempo - 17 min.
Swagman - 2 min.
Tennis Arena [PAL prototype] - 15 min.
Terra Cresta 3D - 16 min.
Tryrush Deppy - 3 min.
Virtual Hydlide - 521 min.
Willy Wombat - 7 min.
Game Boy Color:
Chessmaster - 51 min.
Beat Virtual Hydlide on Easy difficulty.
  • Like 6

Finally had time for some gaming this week :)

Atari 7800

Choplifter - 10min

Pole Position II - 5min

Xevious - 20min

CoCo3

Bomb Threat - 20min

Chuckie Egg - 25min

Donkey Kong Arcade Port - 10min

Pac-Dude - 20min

Pac-Man Transcode - 55min

Pop Star Pilot - 20min

Quest for Thelda - 10min

Rampage - 15min

The Contras = 5min

Cougar Boy/Mega Duck

Arctic Zone - 5min

Black Forest Tale - 10min

Magic Maze - 10min

Magic Tower - 10min

Pile Wonder - 15min

Puppet Knight - 10min

Railway - 110min

Snake Roy - 20min

Suleiman's Treasure - 15min

• Like 6

Here are my times for the past week (March 19th through 25th)...

Sorry, I still haven't played any classic games this week, and it doesn't look like I will play any soon. There are still many things to do regarding the death of my mother... her funeral will be on Thursday, then there's a soul mass on April 3rd, and on April 10rd there's the first visit at the notary in order to deal with her estate (or whatever you call that in proper English). There's also a fundamental problem with gaming in that my mother was into video and computer games as well (at least as long as she still could see properly), but my father is not. Right now I spend much more time with my father than I used to spend with my parents before my mother died, and because he's still my father, I somehow feel obliged not to pursue unnecessary things such as gaming as long as there are more important things to do.

• Like 5

As predicted it was a very modern heavy gaming week for me this past week due to getting an Xbox One in the mail, but at least there was still some classic gaming time for the tracker. :)

n4HfUKf.jpg

Ineligible

Dead Space (Microsoft Xbox 360) - 297 minutes
DOOM (Microsoft Xbox One) - 1,144 minutes

Pokémon: Ultra Sun (Nintendo 3DS) - 44 minutes

Resident Evil: Revelations (Nintendo 3DS) - 82 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo 3DS) - 21 minutes
Super Lucky's Tale (Microsoft Xbox One) - 859 minutes

Arcade
Asteroids (Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 14 minutes
Centipede (Played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 24 minutes

Atari 2600
Centipede - 23 minutes

Sega 32X
Mortal Kombat II - 32 minutes

Sega Genesis
Mortal Kombat II - 17 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
2,557 minutes (42 hours 37 minutes) [110 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Microsoft Xbox One: 2,003 minutes
Microsoft Xbox 360: 297 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 147 minutes
Arcade: 38 minutes
Sega 32X: 32 minutes
Atari 2600: 23 minutes
Sega Genesis: 17 minutes

This is going to be a somewhat shorter post than usual since there was very little in the way of classic gaming time logged around my household this past week, and you can find short reviews I wrote of the games that I spent the most time playing (DOOM and Super Lucky's Tale for the Xbox One) here and here in the Games Beaten in 2018 thread. Suffice it to say though that I absolutely adored both of them and am feeling really happy about having gotten an Xbox One S. :) I've been enjoying taking advantage of the Xbox One's backwards compatibility to play Dead Space for the Xbox 360 as well, but jeezy creezy is that game ever scary. Maybe a little too scary!

Moving onto the classic gaming tracker eligible games for the week, outside of some brief comparisons I did of the Genesis and 32X versions of Mortal Kombat II (the 32X version ended up being significantly better, but no surprises there) almost all the classic gaming time my household logged this past week was done by the misses. She spent most of the week catching up on some reading and watching me play DOOM and Dead Space on the Xbox rather than playing games of her own, though she did get in a little gaming time with the arcade versions of Centipede and Asteroids on the PlayStation as well as Centipede for the Atari 2600. Reflecting on the various versions of Centipede she's played, she commented that in spite of the simplistic graphics the Atari 2600 version of Centipede is her favorite; due to it's smooth control, well balanced difficulty level, and great sound effects. I think I might like the Atari 7800 version a little better myself, since I can ramp up the difficulty in that version to keep games shorter, but there's no denying that the 2600 port is a classic for sure. I'm pretty sure the 2600 version of Centipede was the first I ever played, and I think it was for the spousal unit too.

Anyway, I think that about covers everything for this week! Great job on all the classic gaming time logged this week everyone! My household may not have had a whole lot to contribute, but the rest of you guys sure made up for it in a big way! Until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

Some times...

Intellivision

Donkey Kong - 5 min (Yeah, it's not a great version of it. Honestly, I think it'd probably be okay if the controllers weren't so crappy.)

TurboGrafx 16

The Legendary Axe - 15 min (Just messed around a bit before we had to go somewhere. Enough to get the music stuck in my head for a couple days. And now, while I'm typing it, it's in there again...)

Not much, really this week... Might as well start recording my Everquest times as I've really sunk a big chunk of minutes into it. But... does it go in the classic or the modern tracker? I mean, the original game came out in 99, so that would put it in the Classic, but the game has changed so much and all the expansions are post 99, so that would put it in the Modern... thoughts?

• Like 6

Arcade

Blades of Steel 5

Kangaroo 7

Intellivision

Beauty and the Beast 24

Demon Attack 41

Pitfall! 36

Space Armada 17

Tron: Maze a Tron 157

I'd never really given Maze a Tron a chance before, but I found it actually quite comparable to Pitfall once I got into it. I still haven't been able to stop the MCP in phase 2 yet. I guess I'll probably add more time to that one this week.

• Like 7

That was Atarian7's 3,333rd post. It's like when you take a picture of your odometer or something... just thought that was interesting...

I'd guess over 3k of those involve Kaboom!. lol

Anyways, my times:

5200-

Space Invaders- 45min

Genesis-

Ultimate MK3- 15min

C64-

Txt.Racer- 10min (old type-in game I saved on disk ages ago)

Tandy1000-

Silent Service- 55min (best port I've yet played still)

Edited by zylon
  • Like 6

Here's the summary for Week 12, running from March 19 - 25. We logged 3947 minutes of eligible play, playing 109 games on a total of 20 systems.

Top 10:

1. Virtual Hydlide (Sega Saturn) - 521

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 310

3. Death Trap (Atari 2600) - 296

4. Legends (TI-99/4A) - 210

5. Tron: Maze-A-Tron (Intellivision) - 157

6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 135

7. Railway (Mega Duck) - 110

7. Fork (TI-99/4A) - 110

9. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 90

10. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 88

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 310

2. Death Trap (Atari 2600) - 296

3. Legends (TI-99/4A) - 210

4. Tron: Maze-A-Tron (Intellivision) - 157

5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 135

6. Fork (TI-99/4A) - 110

7. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 90

8. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 88

9. Rabbit Transit (Atari 2600) - 79

10. Xenophobe (Atari 8-bit) - 75

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1090)

2. TI-99/4A (835)

3. Sega Saturn (634)

4. Intellivision (280)

5. Atari 8-bit (259)

6. Mega Duck (205)

7. CoCo 3 (135)

8. NES/Famicom (95)

9. Atari 7800 (57)

10. PC (DOS) (55)

"It's like Hydlide, only virtuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!"

("Battle evil monsters with attacks that respond within a reasonable amount of time to your button presses!")

• Like 7

"It's like Hydlide, only virtuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!"

("Battle evil monsters with attacks that respond within a reasonable amount of time to your button presses!")

Hilarious. I'd never even heard of that game, and I've still never played original Hydlide. I suppose i'll get to them in a "reasonable amount of time."

• Like 3

Carlsson or goldenband, do we have data on the most games played during the course of a week? Would be interesting to see how the 109 from last week stacks up. :)

That's a stat I tabulate manually (i.e. it's not tracked as data by the spreadsheet), and looking at my files the last time I did so was supposedly in Week 14 of 2017. But then Week 15 was a big week, and Week 17 a gigantic one, so I have no idea why I didn't make a new text file with that info added...?!

In any event, I've updated through this week, and here's what I've got now:

1. 218 games (Week 17, 2017)

2. 213 games (Week 42, 2015)

3. 185 games (Week 44, 2016)

4. 183 games (Week 43, 2015)

5. 180 games (Week 15, 2017)

6. 151 games (Week 1, 2010)

7. 124 games (Week 30, 2016)

8. 121 games (Week 15, 2016)

9. 115 games (Week 45, 2016)

10. 114 games (Week 9, 2016)

10. 114 games (Week 52, 2016)

12. 113 games (Week 28, 2015)

13. 111 games (Week 39, 2015)

14. 109 games (Week 35, 2015)

14. 109 games (Week 12, 2018)

So it's definitely in the Top 20, but had some stiff competition to crack the Top 10 -- and 180+ titles would be needed for a week to reach the Top 5.

• Like 5

PONG: 3 min

Commodore VC20

Avenger: 18 min

Pac Man: 7 min

Rat Race: 3 min

Atari Jaguar

Cybermorph: 5 min

Sega Saturn

Sega Rallye 1995: 3 min

Philips G7000

Labyrinth Game (#32):3 min

What a variety from someone who barely posted anything else but a few minutes of Atari 2600 in recent months... The reason is simple. I visited a Special Exhibition in the Heinz Nixdorf Museum, called "DIGGING DEEP":

https://www.hnf.de/en/exhibitions/digging-deep-hidden-treasures-from-the-museums-warehouse.html

Among the highlights, apart from the retro corner with the above mentioned playable systems, was definetly an opened up prototype Commodore C16 in all its EPROM glory, as well as several very cool-looking home computers from Eastern Germany - before the fall of the Iron Curtain.

...hope my highscore in "Avengers" stays for the rest of the day... :-D

• Like 4