IGNORED

SuperCart Construction

Opry99er

Jim, where's jim?

I'm going to need 4 more supercart boards.

I've got 5 ea Editor Assembler GROMS and 15 or more mixed 32K/8K SRAMs to put in em.

With more programs to write for them, including my latest, GDDB, a database structure definition with ability to create screens for the fields a user creates.

And then, hopefully when SNE finishes it's Load/Save routine, I'll be able to implement that into GDBD.

The additional 32K / 8K ram is always BONUS hardware.

Rt now I'm not doing bad in assembly, and of course, I can always do better but I'm getting programs created. I'll always have the argument, "why did you do this instead of that" and hopefully, if I understand what THAT is, then I can change it fix my mistakes.

Rt now I'm needing more boards though..

?

• Like 1

So just in case I messed up the complete system zip file that I posted, this is just the 8K program (camel262)

It came off of my own floppy disk and booted correctly on my TI-99 with 2  DSSD floppies and a SAM 1MB card.

Replace your copy of CAMEL262 on your floppy with this one and let's see what happens.

If this doesn't work then I am going to have to find another hobby I guess.

Very sorry that this did not work as advertised.

KERNEL262.zip

• Haha 1

Experimented with the mini memory cartridge and it does load SNE and SNP.

But sometimes you'll get an error, it'll say duplicate or something like that.

I found just go to t.I. basic and do a call init and it alleviates that problem.

This video will show you how you can run the SNE and SNP programs from the mini memory cartridge.

There's only like 4K of space on the mini memory cartridge but I think 2K is available for the user I'm not too sure about that.

But running SNP and doing the import you can see there's like pages six, seven,  eight, and nine that can be loaded.

And it looks like they still contain some garbage but you may be able to wipe out by holding function 3 and erasing before saving while using SNE.

I didn't write those programs to work with the mini memory but it's just interesting to see that it kind of functions.

Edited by GDMike

Tried your camel 262 it's supposed to be a standalone apparently it keeps looking for files the first file it said it couldn't find was START, so I added that and it got through that one and then it looked for system and I got through that one and then it looked for marker and it got through that one then it just errored out, I don't know what the file is missing.

But it's not a standalone, as it seems to need support files of some sort.

IMG_20201122_203438525.jpg

Edited by GDMike

Hi Brian, Happy Thanksgiving giving week to you and your family, ok, i tried what you suggested and, naa it just doesn't like me, like an ex.. just short of floppies being thrown around at me..

But I do get the command line and some functionality, like HEX and DEC, V!,V@ 

I don't know all those commands, but I see these work. I can possibly build upon this as is.

Edited by GDMike

38 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Hi Brian, Happy Thanksgiving giving week to you and your family, ok, i tried what you suggested and, naa it just doesn't like me, like an ex.. just short of floppies being thrown around at me..

I don't know all those commands, but I see these work. I can possibly build upon this as is.

Ok .  I think I was experimenting with "improvements" to my DSRLINK at that time. Looks like they don't work with TIPI maybe.

I will get you another version with the changes rolled back.

So all that line of code is in the START file.

Go into the START file and comment out the line  like this.

\  INCLUDE DSK1.LOADSAVE

All it will do is not load the fancy font.

That'll fix 'er fer now.

:) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GDMike said:

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

We Celebrate it a month earlier up here because right now in parts of Canada everything is frozen solid. :)

But where I am (about an 60 miles from the Michigan border it's just around 38 F  today. Toasty.  ;)

Stay safe with all this craziness going on.  I am most "thankful" that I can still breath.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBF said:

Stay safe with all this craziness going on.  I am most "thankful" that I can still breath.

You know, I must be immune.

One day a couple weeks ago, I sat down at the computer and didn't know any of my files, I looked at the top where I date Everything and sure enough it was from 2 days ago, maybe 3.

I was also having small aches and pains the night before with slight sore throat all outta the blue. So I laid down for the rest of the day and the next day I was happily remembering everything again up to about 2 percent, but no more aches either.

Been fine since. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold... but I have fallen or bumped into things once in a while, but not sick.

Kids here are fine, but my 20 year old said he'd been a little under the weather about three weeks ago, but he got over it too, and my other son is just never sick.

I just hope this goes away very soon for everyone. Be warm and safe.

• Like 1