IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Speaking of XArcade?... keep in mind the best part is if you are the original owner, you have a lifetime guarantee.

Just send them an email and they will replace your parts. I had a jack go bad and they took care of it. Even paid the shipping. I wouldnt call my sticks mushy but I never used them for fighting games either. If they felt different, I would get them replaced for free.

Speaking of XArcade?... keep in mind the best part is if you are the original owner, you have a lifetime guarantee.

Just send them an email and they will replace your parts. I had a jack go bad and they took care of it. Even paid the shipping. I wouldnt call my sticks mushy but I never used them for fighting games either. If they felt different, I would get them replaced for free.

I could care less about a lifetime guarentee, when they have lousy customer service.

I've said it several times before, and I'll say it again, avoid X-arcade like the plague if you expect you're going to have an issue.

They refuse to address even the most basic of issues, if you confront them with it, and will not cover costs or shipping despite

saying they will.

They are flat out liars, when it comes to conveying information, and I'll stop short of calling them a scam-artist

because they aren't quite there yet.

you must have gotten lucky.

later

Edited by negative1

I could care less about a lifetime guarentee, when they have lousy customer service.

I've said it several times before, and I'll say it again, avoid X-arcade like the plague if you expect you're going to have an issue.

They refuse to address even the most basic of issues, if you confront them with it, and will not cover costs or shipping despite

saying they will.

They are flat out liars, when it comes to conveying information, and I'll stop short of calling them a scam-artist

because they aren't quite there yet.

you must have gotten lucky.

later

This is a pretty harsh indictment of X-Gaming, so I feel I should add to the discourse with my own experience.

I've got a tank stick that has had no issues, so I've never had to deal with customer service for mine.

My brother has the same model of tankstick, several years older than mine. At one point his trackball's X-direction stopped working. He never did anything about it. Eventually I got tired of watching him go without his trackball, so on his behalf I contacted X-gaming for a replacement encoder. They asked for proof of purchase, which my disorganized brother had long since lost. They sent the replacement part to my house anyway, and I received it a few days later. I installed it in my brother's stick and he was off to the races again.

• Like 1

This is a pretty harsh indictment of X-Gaming, so I feel I should add to the discourse with my own experience.

I've got a tank stick that has had no issues, so I've never had to deal with customer service for mine.

My brother has the same model of tankstick, several years older than mine. At one point his trackball's X-direction stopped working. He never did anything about it. Eventually I got tired of watching him go without his trackball, so on his behalf I contacted X-gaming for a replacement encoder. They asked for proof of purchase, which my disorganized brother had long since lost. They sent the replacement part to my house anyway, and I received it a few days later. I installed it in my brother's stick and he was off to the races again.

at the risk of going offtopic deeply again,

i just wanted to state my position, and warn others who think about buying their products.

maybe i am an anomaly with my problem, but i have heard from other people too, so i'm not in the same position:

--------------------------------

basically, the tech support people wouldn't help me, wouldn't let me talk to anyone on the phone.

banned my account, banned my email, and also didn't refund me on 2 products that i shipped back to them

when i paid my own shipping.

they claim that the parts were too old to refund, and refused to issue one, and when i asked for them back,

they refused that also.

they would not escalate the matter, and basically shut off any communications.

all this for $40 worth of parts.

i have posted on their twitter, facebook, and other pages, with no response, and expect to banned

from posting there also.

a garbage company, with garbage customer service, and useless products.

later

ok, with that..

lets go back to griping about 1up arcade.

-----------

someone on facebook asked them if they have 12-1 unit, and they said no they don't.

how ridiculous is that they don't have one of their own machines to test.

---------

with the rom issues, and the graphics rubbing off, it's apparent there isn't any playtesting done,

and they don't know how to play the games, or don't care.

for some reason, the looks are all that matters.

they figured people would play it occasionally, and would care more about how the machines look.

they penny pinched on every single aspect of the machines, and cut corners everywhere they could

except for the graphics (even then, they still printed them on material that rubs off).

if they offered a barebones cabinet for half or a third of the price, maybe i would just get

that, and mod a few for myself. they could even bump up the thickness, and offer kits for people

to just put in the guts of the machine themselves.

anyways, it's obvious they don't care about how the machines play, don't know about proper control layouts,

and they are trying to squeeze in whatever works.

yes, they can make a machine that plays 1 or 2 games properly, but even thats looking suspect now, until

someone actually tries out galaga, pac-man and space-invaders.

later

good for for him.

someone decided to rewire the buttons for playing defender:

baby steps, and at some point, he will get more wires, recable it, or mod the control panel completely

to make a modular replacement.

later

This guy's speaking style/narration/general demeanor is a great example of how Youtube shouldn't exist.

Some people do not belong in front of the camera.

I thought he was great. No time wasting intro, and most important is the great idea of reconfiguring the buttons. I wish everyone on the internet has a good idea to share or some contribution of value.

if mullet thinks thats bad, he should watch james kirk, catawampus, etc etc.

these people literally use their cellphones, hold them vertically, and try to talk and record.

we are seeing a huge resurgence of people that were never into classic gaming, or took part,

now making their own channels, putting up clips, putting up news, etc, etc.

if you want professional, go watch ETA prime, but if you want short little bits of information,

its better to get it from these underground, non-professional ones.

i also like : TNT amusements (funny), and arcade jason, who has the most awesome, informative mods,

with tons of technical and engineering infromation down to the wiring diagrams and electronic parts (That i still

don't understand, even though i took several years of electrical engineering in college).

there's something for everyone out there.

give it time, and you'll see a lot more full fledged mods.

i think the next ETA prime one is about using the Pandoras box and hooking it up to a 1up arcade machine.

later

| | || || ||| ||

n e g at ive 1

I thought he was great. No time wasting intro, and most important is the great idea of reconfiguring the buttons. I wish everyone on the internet has a good idea to share or some contribution of value.

He didn't really say anything we didn't already know. If you want a different layout of the buttons for Defender, you can rewire them - but if you do, it will negatively impact the other games' layout. This is basic common sense. Would have been helpful if he opened it up and actually showed which buttons he rewired. But I, he just talked in Ben Stern monotone voice about how this is a.... zzzzzzz

He didn't really say anything we didn't already know. If you want a different layout of the buttons for Defender, you can rewire them - but if you do, it will negatively impact the other games' layout. This is basic common sense. Would have been helpful if he opened it up and actually showed which buttons he rewired. But I, he just talked in Ben Stern monotone voice about how this is a.... zzzzzzz

arcade1up already has official little clips about replacing joysticks and buttons.

all you have to do is look at which cables are hooked up to which connector, and just swap those.

its basic wiring. if you want to see, go to their channel with their professional speaker and editing.

later

arcade1up already has official little clips about replacing joysticks and buttons.

all you have to do is look at which cables are hooked up to which connector, and just swap those.

its basic wiring. if you want to see, go to their channel with their professional speaker and editing.

later

i don't want to see that. I don't need to as I said, this stuff is common sense. But the above video is even more useless because for the people who can't figure this out on their own, he didn't even show them anything useful. He just mumbled boringly for 20 minutes.

It's possible to rewire the buttons to the layout he used in the video and not break any of the games. No need to mention it, it's common sense.

Hello all, been a lurker for a while and have read this thread with interest regarding the quality of these machines vs their price point. I happened to check the retailer's cost vs the MSRP of $299, and based on what I saw I estimate that a cabinet is costing Arcade1Up somewhere around $200 to make. The profit margins aren't huge on these at MSRP, but they aren't terrible either. Just thought this was interesting given the talk earlier about building your own vs buying one of these. Also, if this is the case, the quality of the machines is definitely something that we will need to assess long term. Personally, I'm excited about the Atari deluxe machine sold at Best Buy/Frys/Home Depot, but I'll wait for the reviews.

Edited by Vrock

Started assembling Centipede cab with my Son last night, it got late so I'm just waiting for him to get back from religion so we can finish it.

Did not do an unboxing/assembly video as I have a cold and sound like crap, but may do one down the road for one of the other cabs.

Observations off the top: the packaging is completely inadequate to protect the contents of the box. Every piece of Styrofoam was broken, every one, and there is a lot. There should actually be more, and I was very surprised how little protection there is, especially the side panels with all the artwork, they are just covered in huge plastic bags, a flat zip tie (or whatever they are called) and the back panel sandwiched in between.

Expect damage, of some kind. Its inevitable with they way these are packed and shipped - the Arcade1Up box is just packed inside another shipping box, so its box to box, so to speak. The cab I picked up in store at Think Geek was still in its brown shipping box, and the cab I got from GameStop shipped to my house was shipped the exact same way (more on the second cab later).

These guys need to re-think this completely or they are going to go bankrupt in returns and replacement parts.

More padding, better Styrofoam, more overall protection of the contents is needed. Oh, and you don't even want to know how crappy the monitor plexi/monitor protection was.

I'll post pics accordingly when time permits.

Sad really, cause when you step back and look at it (even 75% assembled) it does have that "WOW" factor (even if it does remind you of Stonehenge from Spinal Tap...)

• Like 3

Shipping box, that's interesting. Based on what I have seen, the selling unit *is* the shipping box for these if you're buying from brick and mortar.

Yeah, Think Geek had just gotten them in and left it in the shipping box for me to pickup in store.

not sure if the emulation is different on the deluxe version,

but i'm beginning to think all the trackball games have some kind of frame-skipping going on

as seen in these comparisons.

also, the vector games, look to have the same problems.

at this point, if they are all like that, its better to delay the release of the deluxe cabinets,

and see if the regular cabinets have the same problems. they are all probably running slower,

or at the same framerate with skipping.

gravitar was shown briefly, but no gameplay.

centipede comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT9gRRDee5c

millipede comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22aWQgma8Y

tempest gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsubuQNzA_k

later

Man, that's a bummer. I wonder if it's just a bad cabinet/board/rom, or a larger issue. One would think that if the emulation was the problem, we'd have seen this in the Asteroids and/or Centipede cabinets.

The one thing that does stick out is the blue tinted screen vs. the black screen of the other cabinet he had. Could be that cheap TN panel rearing its ugly head. I'd really like to see one of these in person to judge for myself. I want to support this product, but I'm not dropping $400 on a machine that doesn't work and has a bright blue screen vs black.