IGNORED

Night Stalker - (XB256 compiled) FINAL VERSION

LASooner

I haven't got any feedback or bugs except for the guy on YouTube making fun of it. So this will probably be the last update for a while.

Youtube comments section; You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Personally, I think this looks great.

• Like 3

One of Harlan Ellison's books received a negative review from a critic. Ellison clipped out the column and sent it to the critic along with a note which read, "Some idiot has been writing ridiculous reviews and signing your name to them. Just thought you'd like to know..."

Maybe there is a way to do that on YouTube!

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 2

Night Stalker for the TI-99/4A is a wonderful tribute to one of my favorite Intellivision games. Good goin' LASooner! Looking forward to what you're up to next.

Played tonight and really enjoyed the game. It's beautiful and faithful to the original. Simply amazing what can be done with Compiled XB256.

B - R - A - V - O !!!!

• Like 2

I'm going to be playing this game again tonight and will look for bugs. One thing to bare in mind with youtube is that it is stacked to the rafters with imbeciles. Don't even waste your time with them, they don't know the effort and time it's taken you to make this game, the frustration when things don't go right, and the joy when it does. I can say quite truly your game is great.

• Like 1

Okay, I played latest revision and in the time I played it I found no bugs. I also watched what I think is the video you refer to in which a reviewer "makes fun" of the game-speed. He's just a gamer by the look of it, he won't understand what goes into a TI-99 game, nor will he appreciate that there aren't too many games for the TI out there with so much stuff going on, on the screen at once. Don't worry about him. Basically, don't stop because of him. ;)

I've been making video games for over 20 years and take my fair share of critique shots, but this game was all mine, labor of love and an homage to one I cared about. The last few weeks I was putting in long hours working on it, I just really didn't need that feedback at that point. Speed was/is a bullet point issue I was well aware of. It was compounded with the fact that I'm now working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day on the game that pays my mortgage. Don't mind me, I'm just a moody artist.

• Like 2

Just played it again. Didn't realise there was an attract screen, by the way thanks for the mention on the title sequence, among others. Appreciate that.

I appreciate the help I received from you and everyone during the development, it was the least I could do. And Harry is the man, XB256 development package is the only reason I could get this done.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting around to checking out some of the latest games. Love this and Ms. Night Stalker (enhanced home-brew hack of the original) for the Intellivision, so downloaded the latest version here and... what a beautiful reproduction! Love the graphics, animation, colors and sound effects. Can tell a lot of time went into tweaking all these things. :love:

No doubt it's still a tad too slow though, can the game not be sped up at this point? Bullet shots especially. You should not be able to keep pace with or even outrun your bullet. lol On the flip side of that, easy enough to out run the enemies shot! ha

If you're still looking to tweak the gameplay and are accepting of input, always thought it would be interesting if the robots shrapnel could take you out and other enemies as well. Might help add a little more depth or increase the difficulty and strategy a bit.

• Like 1

Wow, this is pretty awesome!

I put a lot of hours into the intellivision version of this game! Not to many 1 player games for the intellivision back in the day.

The only thing I noticed was a block in the upper left corner turned blue during the game? Maybe when the Black robot spawned??

Anyway, looks great! Love the running man and the Spider... Might need to borrow that! ;)

I attempted Space Battle a few years ago... I am awful at graphics, so I never finish the ships or the attack sequences...

I'll have to dig it out of the digital closest!

post-7434-0-71730900-1524069364.png

• Like 3