IGNORED

Are the dual shocks the greatest gamepads ever?

Swami

PSX pad is pretty comfy, but the d-pad could be a little more accurate, and I always find myself using it instead of the stick. Using shapes for the four face buttons was the worst idea ever though, swapping B/A functions in American released games made no sense, and I'm not sure if any game ever actually used the right stick.

Love the GameCube controller for GC games, and that rumble is really great. Wireless controllers could never compare. The analogue/digital R and L buttons are really cool for games that actually use it. The d-pad isn't great though, and coupled with that, the button layout is weird for playing SNES games or GBA games.

Dreamcast controller is pretty great all-around. The d-pad feels great most of the time, but heavy Street Fighter use shows that it's not quite as accurate as it feels.

I need to get a non-model-1 Saturn pad, but I think I missed out on my chance to get one for under $20...and eBay seller screwed me out of a 3D controller =/ Genny sixer is nearly perfect, but does feel a little strange if you ever try using one to play Nintendo games.

What I find is that the shoulder button positions on the 360 controller dig into my fingers...

Same here. The battery compartment really digs into my fingers, too.

IMO, the d-pad is not even good for menus, though. A lot of games use it for a kind of "quick inventory", and I always end up with it going up instead of right, and not switching to the weapon I needed, or whatever the case may be.

I hated, still hate that MS decided to take what Nintendo did and reversed the lettering as it plays havoc with me using their PC version of the 360 controller.

They were just copying what Sega had done, which was take the ABC/XYZ and drop the C and Z (but added black and white?). For whatever reason, it really throws me off in XBox games, but it's never been a problem for me on the Dreamcast. Go figure.

Maybe it's just the PSP controller that I have trouble with...

Probably. My friend let me play his PSP once, and the stiffness of the d-pad made my hands cramp up pretty quickly. That analogue nub thing didn't help.

Edited by Asaki