IGNORED

Top Wanted 7800 Arcade Ports

arcade124

Top Wanted 7800 Arcade Ports  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these ports would you like to see on the 7800?

2. 2. Which ports would you like to seen redone?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

There's been a lot of discussion over the years regarding wanted 7800 arcade ports, but there's been so many stated that interested developers would have extreme difficulty going through to find the top ones. So, I picked ten of the most requested over the years, and started a poll here. There's also a separate poll regarding ports you'd like to see redone, with most arcade ports officially released on the system. This should provide a more organized place to discuss this, and for interested developers to see results.

• Like 1

Jesus, this is turning just as bad as VS threads. Now we have another thread, where everyone repeats them self over and over. Homebrew devs make what they want to make, they don't usually care about what someone else wants them to make.

• Like 8

Jesus, this is turning just as bad as VS threads. Now we have another thread, where everyone repeats them self over and over. Homebrew devs make what they want to make, they don't usually care about what someone else wants them to make.

Nonetheless, some probably have several they'd like to make, and if they're indecisive they could turn to public opinion like this.

Also, hopefully this will be the last thread created about this, I know it's gotten a bit out of hand but I wanted to put the most wanted games in one place like this to limit it down further.

...and why is Joust even on a list of remakes? That game is perfect as is! :love:

What would you improve on 7800 Joust? Graphics and gameplay are top notch. Pokey chip sound effects maybe? Can just play with your TV's hue control if you want different colors. :lol:

I actually wasn't the one who wanted it remade, I'm honestly not a huge fan of Joust myself. I saw people in one of the other threads who kept talking about wanted it remade. Pokey sounds would be a good idea, though.

I'm honestly surprised that Missile Command only has a single vote, I don't care to have it ported but there were several people on other threads that really did.

I voted for DK Jr., Mario Bros., Dig Dug, and Galaga as far as remakes go. Looks like Galaga's taken the lead.

Uh, yea... Isn't there an older version of this thread literally 2 notches down?

This is a poll, where only the top ten answers from that thread and others like it are selectable. I made this to limit it down, to find out the most wanted ones for any developers that may take interest.

PP 2 has a graphics upgrade hack already.

The hack updated the main car sprite only. The thread mentions more that could be done graphically.

Nonetheless, some probably have several they'd like to make, and if they're indecisive they could turn to public opinion like this.

Also, hopefully this will be the last thread created about this, I know it's gotten a bit out of hand but I wanted to put the most wanted games in one place like this to limit it down further.

The same aforementioned thread above provides an upgrade to Mario Bros. sprites. Being the thread that kept on giving, a Rampage update was posted within it as well. It spun its own thread with arguably the best chance of completion somewhere down the road. As an additional bonus, Donkey Kong Jr. graphics update entered the fray. It too, has its own thread. Last, but not least, we were presented with a Crossbow upgrade WIP.

That's...

-Pole Position II

-Mario Bros.

-Rampage

-Donkey Kong Jr.

-Crossbow

...all in a 'real world' WIP status with no polls/wish lists required. This is in addition to other Arcade ports being developed (I.E. Baby Pac-Man, Donkey Kong II/D2K), more Arcade ports seeing upgrades (I.E. Double Dragon, Dig Dug), as well as original games (I.E. Legend of Silverpeak, Graze Suit Alpha, Spire of the Ancients), in various stages of development; just check the Homebrews and Hacks thread pinned at the top of this forum. ;)

Needless to state, developers/hackers have plenty of ideas, ammunition, and other stuff they are working on. While certainly the enthusiasm and excitement for the potential on the 7800 platform can be appreciated, the recent rash of related newly created topics is a tad bit much. It's not a matter of developers being indecisive; rather, a lack of resources and/or their personal interest. Developers will release titles based on their available resources and interest in a game, not due to a half dozen threads or one consolidated poll, unless they post one requesting such information.

While maybe not ideal, any itching for a little Bosconian or Mappy action under the 7800 console, there is an outstanding 2600 port available for the former, as well as a very excellent 2600 port in the works for the latter.

• Like 3

both donkeys suck in the audio dept, and i think vcs mario bros sound and plays better. galaga is quite good. strangely i play it more than the nes version despite being less accurate. still id love to see an arcade perfect port.

7800 galaga is great and dkpk dkxm has been done.

I am waiting for dig dug ym sound and graphics. That is my all time fav game.

galaga is quite good.

7800 galaga is great

The only good thing about 7800 Galaga is that it doesn't feel like the NES version wherever the aliens are practically on top of you in formation. The timing is all wrong in 7800 Galaga, it sounds like crap and some of the enemies are wrong.

I love 7800 Galaga, but then I'm not a huge fan of the arcade game. The 7800 version is fun, the difficulty ramp is great, and it plays smoothly. As far as "fixed" versions of arcade ports go, I'd like to see Mario Brothers updated with better control & jumping. It's not bad, but it is always a bit frustrating to play. That said, I'd much rather see games that didn't see widespread release on a million other consoles, like Zoo Keeper.

• Like 1

Galaga 7800 is a great game on medium difficulty.

Sigh... Yes, NES versions of Ms Pacman (Tengen), Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, DK JR, and Galaga are better. And Dig Dug, Qbert, et al.

7800 Centipede trumps NES Millipede a million times though. Especially the trackball variant! :grin:

Edit: for reference, Famicom got ports of Space Invaders, Galaxian, and Dig Dug that never hit western shores.

I like the sound and how 7800 Galaga plays. I like how the colors smear on the screen on my crt when the bad guys go flying by.

Not a single irratating note unlike the 3 mario games all horrible.

I seen the nes version. I would pass on that for the 7800 any day. Probably cause its an NES. I had a 2600jr. and a trs80 and tandy 1000. Those NES kids wanted to play downland, yars, and any sierra game I had instead on smashing bricks with mario. Hell we had more fun with the coleco than the nes.

• Like 1