IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

4 minutes ago, J-Data said:

Can this CPLD programming method be used for an un-programmed part, or does it require a base JEDEC file in it for this to work.  In other words, could this method be used to program the CPLD on a freshly assembled TIPI rather than using a Xilinx programmer?

pretty sure this is yes

24 minutes ago, Airshack said:

May I please have a screen shot showing what a properly mapped DSK path looks like on the Tipiconfig screen? 

If you're struggling to map drives to the default DSK1-DSK4 directories on the TIPI (like I did) this is what worked for me.  There are some references out there that show this wrong. 

20200327_130544.thumb.jpg.0e713ce6edf6d334344913f74e6c3c34.jpg

Also, I suggest adding "www." in front of myti99.com or some things may not work (SNEK). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Raspberry PI uses / between directories.  Windows uses \ - The TI side uses .

So if your files are in \\tipi\games\game1 - that’s /games/game1 on the pi and games.game1 on the TI.

And note the case sensitivity!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J-Data said:
2 hours ago, Airshack said:

If you're struggling to map drives to the default DSK1-DSK4 directories on the TIPI (like I did) this is what worked for me.

Thank you J-Data and Greg for the screenshots! Big help! I got my game running on TIPI! Cool! Very Cool!

2B76E14D-3488-4267-B820-51281805AC60.jpeg

Once I got the paths straightened out with TIPI config I just used TI99Dir to drag my .obj file from the Classic99 Image (DSK) to the disk image with my BASIC program — it works! 

The Classic99 disk “image” file I’m using is not identified as a disk image by the TIPI web client. I tried adding .dsk to the file name without success. Probably, my Classic99 image settings are incomplete? 

2388FAF4-485F-4506-A068-A221C4AC0764.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Airshack said:

Thank you J-Data and Greg for the screenshots! Big help! I got my game running on TIPI! Cool! Very Cool!

2B76E14D-3488-4267-B820-51281805AC60.jpeg

Once I got the paths straightened out with TIPI config I just used TI99Dir to drag my .obj file from the Classic99 Image (DSK) to the disk image with my BASIC program — it works! 

The Classic99 disk “image” file I’m using is not identified as a disk image by the TIPI web client. I tried adding .dsk to the file name without success. Probably, my Classic99 image settings are incomplete? 

2388FAF4-485F-4506-A068-A221C4AC0764.jpeg

can you send me the file? we can troubleshoot it

But why use a dsk when you can access the tipi drive directly from classic99 

You can just mount a drive on your peecee to \\tipi\tipi  I use T:

Annotation-2020-03-25-091716.png

and then do this 

Annotation-2020-03-25-091957.png

• Like 2

That’s almost magical Greg! Great idea.

Years ago I avoided the FIAD option for my target Classic99 coding disk. Probably because I didn’t understand all the options. I use the Image (DSK) option. Looks like Classic99 has been updated to include a third option: TI Controller (DSK). 
Covid is providing me with the necessary down time to demystify all these options.

Gonna give the T drive idea a shot. Thx. 
-j

Classic99 transparently supports PC99 and V9T9 style disks - I believe TIPI only supports V9T9. You can tell by looking at the filesize - V9T9 disks should be 90k, 180k, or 360k, while PC99 disks will be an oddball size I can't remember due to the extra track information. CF7 disks are in the V9T9 style but are 400k.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Classic99 transparently supports PC99 and V9T9 style disks - I believe TIPI only supports V9T9. You can tell by looking at the filesize - V9T9 disks should be 90k, 180k, or 360k, while PC99 disks will be an oddball size I can't remember due to the extra track information. CF7 disks are in the V9T9 style but are 400k.

TIPI supports both for conversion..but every once in a while something confuses the converter

Greg

Got it working! Thanks...never done that before on Windows. Ridiculously simple so now I'm starting to finally understand the power of the TIPI. Why I waited so long to get this thing set up?

Just wrote a simple BASIC program...immediately and directly saved it to TIPI's micro-SD. Now that makes things much easier. BIG THANKS for spelling this out for me guys.

• Like 3

Dang!

Actually...no. It’s not working completely.

I’m able to send a disk image containing my object code onto the TIPI via a Win10 network drive (T), following excellent Greg’s suggestion.

Using Classic99, I’m able to load up the E/A cart and Load&Run the .obj file off the TIPI Drive. Neat but useless for my goal

which is real metal 99/4A testing.

What I really want to do is use Asm994a to output the .obj file onto the TIPI T drive. Then, I wanted to use E/A off the actual 99/4A to load&Run my obj file.

As it stands I am able to use TIDir to open my Asm994a/Classic99 compatible .dsk image, and copy my .obj file onto another disk image which TIPI seems to agree with, after it is drag and dropped over to TIPI.

Note: When I try copying the Classic99 dsk image the TIPI lists it with the Texas Icon with a red question mark in the foreground. This is a dsk image TIPI somehow does not agree with. 

Back to the situation...

After I drag the TIDir (agreeable)  disk image over to the TIPI T drive, I’m able to use CALL TIPI to establish the copied image as DSK4. After all that I’m able to load up and run my obj code using the TI-99/4As E/A cart, option 3.

Wondering if there’s a better way to do this. I’d like to stay with Asm994a as I like the GUI over command line at this point. It’s comfortable.

Is there way I can get this Assembly workflow working with TIPI without the TIDir step? 

Will Asm994a output an obj file directly to a dsk image stored on the TIPI’s network drive? Or is this impossible? 

Forgive me in advance for not yet grasping the entire TIPI floppy emulation paradigm. I’m working with an assembly workflow here as an absolute beginner. 

Any and all feedback appreciated. Experience tells me that when Asm994a outputs an obj file to a network mapped drive on the TIPI, it is unable to slip it into the emulated drive envelope (my term as I have no idea what it’s actually called).

• Like 1

So you want to put it in a folder on the t drive? Then I would you do is you map a disk in classic 99 to that folder on the t drive since classic99 doesn't support folders you have to map a disk to the folder that you wanted to go to if you're asking something else please explain thoroughly

I haven't use that program so I don't know if it's a windows program or if it's something that runs on the ti 99 or the classic 99

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Ok and does it output to tifiles?

It outputs an OBJ file to a Windows directory as well as an optional TI object file to a Win994a-formatted disk image with a “TIDisk” extension. I do not know whether it is TIfiles, V9T9, or some other format, but I do know you can change the file extension to “DSK” and it works fine wherever DSK-type disk images are used.

...lee

• Like 1

You are both correct. I have no problem outputting the object file from Asm994a to the mapped TIPI drive.

The issue is getting the actual TI-99/4A E/A cart to load that file. 

Classic99 on my Windows10 PC can load the object file (off the TIPI mapped drive) using the emulated E/A cart.

When I try to lod that same file using the actual 99/4, I get an error. 

The 99/4 can load that same object file if I first place it into a disk image via TIDir, then drag-n-drop that image into the mapped drive on TIPI.

Is something special going on when a disk image is dropped onto the TIPI? Something I’m missing?

• Like 1