IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

I am writing to the TIPI directory T:\_1 which is my DSK1 assigned via TIPI config.

image.thumb.png.63a549442e50763607ed11a735a1aa74.png

With Extended BASIC I am able to load (the actual 99/4A) and run the files: COPTERESCU and LOAD, so I know the disk is working.

When I use Asm994A on my PC to save the object file as ENK21.OBJ or ENK21.TXT, I get the TI Logo with a red question mark as seen above.

Also, why can XB run this disk's BASIC programs yet Disk Manager 3 cannot catalog the disk? When I try I get the "DISK ERROR 00...DEVICE NOT FOUND ACTIVE" error message?

So you'll notice the txt file is coming up a DIS/VAR 80.. so you can open that on the TI that way.. the ? means it's not a native TIfiles file.. 

what are you using for a device in DM3?  do you have a DSK# mapped on the 4/a?  DM3 has no idea what TIPI is.. so it has to be a DSK1,2,3,4 pointed there.. it also doesn't support directorys/folders.. better dm to use is DM2K or jedi commander

Greg

Hi All, I'm having issues with the "New BASIC File" button in the TIPI web interface.  I can open and edit a new file, but when I try to save it, I get an error.  It appears to be adding a double "//" in disk the path name when saving.

image.thumb.png.aae322130dfcadbb4f1d762ed3fe4908.png

I can open, edit and save an existing basic file, but not create and save a new file.  If you look at the path at the top when you open a exiting file, the leading "/" is missing before DSK2, but when creating a new one, its added.  See below.

(Edit Existing File)

image.thumb.png.741f8b503032b4c022ae358d350f7f89.png

(New BASIC File)

image.thumb.png.31c60c9a1b0d043ac7be602ac63d8852.png

May be part of the problem.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the web interface?

14 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

what are you using for a device in DM3?  do you have a DSK# mapped on the 4/a? 

Using TIPI config I have DSK1=_1  (the folder named _1 on the TIPI)

I'm able to use the TI to load BASIC programs off of DSK1 using: OLD DSK1.LOAD or OLD DSK1.COPTERESCU

DM3 has no idea what TIPI is.. so it has to be a DSK1,2,3,4 pointed there..

So XB can identify DSK1 in this case but DM3 cannot. Yes. Why?

it also doesn't support directorys/folders.. better dm to use is DM2K or jedi commander

Hmm...I'll try that avenue. I was using DM3 since it was handy on FinalGROM. 

23 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

So you'll notice the txt file is coming up a DIS/VAR 80.. so you can open that on the TI that way

I am trying to load the file using E/A option 3. I'm trying to test it on real metal.

12 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I suggested a change to the TIPI code to treat OBJ extension files the same as TXT..  see what Matt says

Greg

Tried it. Didn't work as seen in post 727. E/A3 won't load it. Much like Disk Manager...E/A does not see any drives. Only Extended BASIC and BASIC seem to recognize the drives?

41 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

better dm to use is DM2K

ON the real 99/4...DM2K can see all four files on my DSK1, as it properly identifies DSK1.

I guess the issue is loading my file off DSK1 from E/A, using Option3. E/A cannot identify DSK1. E/A gives "I/O ERROR CODE 0" whenever I try to load DSK1.ENK21.OBJ or DSK1.ENK21.TXT

Maybe I just need to figure out how to convert my .obj file to a .bin for testing?

Or....maybe I need the E/A disk image in disk-1, as well E/A cartridge in the TI? Anyone here have disk images for the E/A diskettes?

I've only successfully used E/A with Classic99. Never tried it on the console with real drives.

image.thumb.png.63a549442e50763607ed11a735a1aa74.png

Yet the file ENK21.OBJ is DIS/FIX 128 ? Huh... E/A manual says it needs DIS/FIX 80.

I saved the file to TIPI T drive twice. Once as ENK21.OBJ and then ENK21.TXT
Any file that it doesn't recognize is going to be dis fix 128 that's the ti standard for non TI files being transferred to the ti.. the object file is coming up as display variable 80 because that's what the translation for text is standardized at ..

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Have you tried saving the object file without an extension or ‘/’? Something like “ENK21O”, perhaps.

...lee
The problem isn't the file name it is that there is no TI files header in the file if you name your file as a text file it'll come out as dv80 on the TI side did a TIPI native file translation perhaps I can get matt to add obj as a different translation for DF

2 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Wow, looks like you've got yourself a n "original batch" TIPI!

4B5B5B42-BEA3-4449-A690-02C3F79AB854.thumb.jpeg.9b61a58162c62056fad11cf1500eaa6b.jpeg.735b9e7abb459fbbadbe5615b0227366.jpeg

Mine was too!

The original TIPI DSR, could not handle E/A option 2 or 3.

You'll need a new ROM I.C. for your TIPI. 

Greg...

:)

this only applies if he's WRITING from his ti which he is not.. he's writing on his pc..    either way we should update his DSR. if he has his own burner thats easy, otherwise I'll have to mail it..

Greg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

Have you tried saving the object file without an extension or ‘/’? Something like “ENK21O”, perhaps.

...lee

image.thumb.png.05b9392ae5bb3a5fe7f30be0d9b5bbae.png

Still...no Bueno! I'm thinking having the E/A diskette .dsk image set up as TIPI DSK1 is maybe a solution? 

18 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

The original TIPI DSR, could not handle E/A option 2 or 3.

Yet strangely, it all loads and runs using E/A option 3 if I:

A) Use Asm994a to produce the .obj file onto a .dsk image created with Classic99.

image.png.e1d22a9f38d6620a7b5c7268c4bcd74f.png

B) Use TIDir to manually copy the .obj file into another disk image that work with TIPI.

B) Drag that disk image to the TIPI network drive.

Using this workflow the E/A option 3 works.

Yet strangely, it all loads and runs using E/A option 3 if I:

A) Use Asm994a to produce the .obj file onto a .dsk image created with Classic99.
image.png.e1d22a9f38d6620a7b5c7268c4bcd74f.png
B) Use TIDir to manually copy the .obj file into another disk image that work with TIPI.
B) Drag that disk image to the TIPI network drive.

Using this workflow the E/A option 3 works.

Yes this is what I've been saying the whole time is that the file has to be a format that tipi can understand and unfortunately that program does not output files in TI files format. What you were doing is a bunch of steps to create a ti files format file.

If you're going to use t i d i r then just select the file on the tipi that is the object file and convert it from a PC file to a TI disfix80