IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

ac24

- ATX/CAS fixed

- PDS/COV/COS files run PDSPLAY/COVPLAY/COSPLAY

20 hours ago, tmp said:

new beta - ab24, please report what i broke

- selected files (ATR, CAS, CAR) don't have to be in the same directory anymore, selection is cleared only after returning to the selector

- added ability to select (TAB) CAR files

- ENTER on ATR/CAS/CAR file will replace the selection so SPACE was added to run with selected files, ignoring current file under cursor

- search now allows navigation during searching and editing search string

- CTRL-L disables item shortcuts and allows starting search by typing instead of '/'

- ESC stops search, exiting search requires 2x ESC (to prevent accidental exit when search stops at the same time user tries to stop it)

- disable cart was changed to SHIFT-ESC

- short filenames should finally (hopefully) have proper case

- filenames longer than screen width should be (finally) properly sorted

there was also a stable release (0023) last week but that's interesting only for people with eci cable (and ab24 supersedes it)

====

- [ECI] Auto-enable cart menu after reset (CTRL-SHIFT-E to enable, CTRL-E to disable)

- [ECI] Patched OS for ATR emulation is forced as ROM, not just loaded into RAM under ROM, increases compatibility

- [ECI+SIO] When emulating ATR, HSIO patched OS with inverted OPTION (BASIC off) is forced (when HSIO is enabled)

0022 (internal)

====

- [ECI] EXTMEM support up to 512kB (CTRL-SHIFT-M to enable, CTRL-M to disable)

• Like 9

5 hours ago, tmp said:

ac24

- ATX/CAS fixed

- PDS/COV/COS files run PDSPLAY/COVPLAY/COSPLAY

Hmmm, now the firmware should include PDMplay, PDSplay, COVplay and COSplay files. The current PDMplay (the only soundplayer file in AC24) always plays back files with Covox mono setting, no matter what extender they have.

EDIT:

Searched for Xuel's players with correct filenames, found them in post #1542, downloaded them and renamed them accordingly to PDMPLAY, PDSPLAY, COVPLAY and COSPLAY and added them to the firmware. Now everything works as it should.

For all others that do not want to have the same annoying circumstances, I attached the four files here (just unzip PDM_players and add the four players to your AVG firmware in the root directory). Maybe tmp can add them to all future AVG firmware updates?

PDM_players.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tmp said:

yes, it's a pbi version of eci cable

currently providing mem expansion, better non-sio atr support, hsio os for sio atr and my favorite, no need to press cart button before reset

Is there a pass through for other PBI devices (I have two different IDE Plus adapters and a MIO in my collection)?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, lewiS said:

Thanks. Will be dispatched on 4th Jan.

Thanks, received this morning, complete with the connector which I wasn't expecting. Will get it installed asap.
Do you know when/if you will be getting the XL PBI connector version in stock? the 600XL is my preferred daily driver :)