IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

You do not need to install nor register in ZOOM to attend meeting - you can stay 100% in your browser of choice. You just need to "skip" all the nags. Audio could be blocked because you have to accept ZOOM website's request to access sound device. Also operating system default audio device could set incorrectly (also browser tab or the whole app could be muted and so on). ZOOM allows you to select the correct device in the call management window. All this (plus compatibility - works even on your smartphone) is exactly why we decided to use ZOOM for our (sometimes even daily) meetings.

Anyway it is not all lost :) we have recorded it (again a nice feature of ZOOM) and after some preparations it will be available in Youtube. Anyway the whole fun is exactly the interactivity and there was some - tmp and Mr Robot helped a lot to make AVG run the video and audio and we also managed to correct some minor bug in documentation - all live with the author of the AVG and author of the documentation (De Re AVG).

I did enjoy the meeting but of course there is always a room for improvement:

• better preparation (I still do not know much about SpartaDos X and we need to make HDD emulation running)
  • better audio (I have a better wireless mic, but I had not enough time to set it up)
  • better cameras
  • better English :)

Anyway for the first English session in mostly Polish ZOOM channel and youtube - I think it was OKish.
And what I have enjoyed most - it the AVGCART itself. Making it run, finding and solving issues with the author and people that make it happen it is just pure fun. And I am still looking forward making a short voice (or even text) interview with tmp about the whole AVG story.

• Like 3

It was a good fun meeting. It was cool to watch as we all learned how the cart worked together.

If I had any feedback it would be to have pre-prepared the files you were going to need to show/test the things you wanted to show/test. I would have started the meeting with both a folder on my pc and an sd card full of the files required for the meeting and a blank SD card that I would have partitioned and created an Atari hdd/set up sdx during the meeting. 

Also apologies for the bad avf file, the only machine I have that will play it is a 1088xel with a vbxe in it going to a rgb->vga converter. I don't know what bit of hardware in that chain is required to make it work, but it does play ok there. I've removed it from my Atari file share.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Also apologies for the bad avf file, the only machine I have that will play it is a 1088xel with a vbxe in it going to a rgb->vga converter. I don't know what bit of hardware in that chain is required to make it work, but it does play ok there. I've removed it from my Atari file share.

If you need some more (NTSC) AVF files, look here:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tmp said:

so you're saying that extram setting is preserved but you have to disable it and enable it? if you don't, what happens?

If I just try to load a game that needs 64k after turning the 600xl on, it behaves like there is no extra RAM.

After repowering, I have to turn the extram setting off, and turn the setting on again, then load a game. Then it works.

I mean, it's only a small hassle, no real problem here.

Just wondering about it... ;)

Just wanted to share my super positive experience with ordering an Avgcart from @tmp. The webshop worked wonderful and shipping was super fast (two days from Slovakia to Germany), all emails were super professional and the product also has a very professional feel to it. Feedback on the Discord server is also very quick (and fun). 🙂 Haven't had a chance to test it fully, but it did everything it was supposed to. CAR, ATR, Extmem worked fine. Highly recommended! 🙂

Edited by mnemo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tmp said:

try to run simcheck after power up to verify it detects just 16kb and no extmem banks

Had an interesting find....

This is after power up:

before.thumb.jpeg.b679faeb48ee4ad72c4343cfa1445520.jpeg

and after I press "Reset" one time it seems the RAM gets detected suddenly:

after.thumb.jpg.2e62f3acbed3cfa8d28b2f4cac18b88f.jpg

So, really no problem for me... :)

2 hours ago, mnemo said:

Just wanted to share my super positive experience with ordering an Avgcart from @tmp. The webshop worked wonderful and shipping was super fast (two days from Slovakia to Germany), all emails were super professional and the product also has a very professional feel to it. Feedback on the Discord server is also very quick (and fun). 🙂 Haven't had a chance to test it fully, but it did everything it was supposed to. CAR, ATR, Extmem worked fine. Highly recommended! 🙂

I second everything written here.

Also, thanks for the sweets in the box, tmp... 

They tasted horribly healthy, but I appreciate the effort... ;):D

Edited by Steril707
  • Like 1

tmp's work and after service is second to none but I have to say that all the devs and people I've personally dealt with have been top notch people, incredibly helpful, kind and great products. And the same with the C64 folk I've dealt with. All have gone the extra mile.

From a very appreciative customer / friend, Paul..

• Like 3