IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

many people are unaware of atgames track record and it's always good to remind people of it - especially those new to the brand.

as for the company rep, attacking everyone isn't a good look - but maybe that's not important to atgames. I don't know.

And who made you the fucking town crier? He's got every right to push back when people like you show up and have no damned filter enough to know when to quit. This thread about a device that's fairly unrevealed so far and definitely is not public, yet here comes yet another dumbass in here trolling the everloving shit out of Bill and ATGames.

Yes it's a known some of the stuff they've put out over the years has been crap, but primarily it has been relegated to the disgusting state of the Sega Genesis due to the firecore emulator left to linger still at the handheld level for like a decade now. Up against the little hiccups that Namco, SNK, and others have had in their devices for arcade and console stuff, the HD Sega stuff, Atari, Coleco, and Intellivision stuff has had a similar par level of quality. They even get stuff they don't make at all and rebrand it, like their arcade gamer portable which is just a closed set of Game Gear and Master System games, and that thing runs them excellent across the board (and I own it, and did own a SMS/GG at the time and compared as much.)

SO why don't you go STFU and go sit in a corner already? If you need an ATGames sucks thread, make your case like a man, not a little bitch, and do it in your own thread. This was meant to be about a new product, not you regurgitating a mixture of perpetual lied about and embellished bullshit along with some truths too. ATGames isn't perfect but you could do worse too, look at Jakks Pacific and some of the other clowns that are there pre-HD peers for years now.

• Like 3

I don't get your point. I've always been transparent about my relationship and involvement with the company. I don't see how there can be any confusion. I can provide info, so I provide it. It's that simple. If you expect me to bash the company, no, I won't do it, but I've acknowledged plenty of issues.

In terms of your second point about blocking some people, oh well. You may not agree, but it's again, perfectly normal. And it's not like it's done to everyone. It's only a very small handful of people who cross a line. Some people have no filter and are further empowered by the anonymity of the Internet. They wouldn't do half the things they do if there was any danger of association with their real lives.

I do appreciate your transparency and stating your relation to AtGames. My point is a bit more fine-grained, I suppose, and it relates to "providing insights" which I wouldn't agree is possible. "Providing info" is fine though as is "the company's side of the story". No, of course, nobody expects you to "bash" the company but then I also wouldn't expect to hear something and be 100% sure that this is what really hapened and not the official company's position.

"Crossing the line" is a very vague term and open to interpretation. Unfortunately, as we all know, this interpretation is more often than not used to dismiss anybody with anything negative to say. This is neither normal nor ok. The fact that everybody is doing it is not an excuse. If in your company's case it really was just a handful of people who really crossed the line then it's fine.

Although, judging by your recent replies to @power in this thread I'm not so sure. There really is no need to bristle up at somebody who says what he says, and reply with "another anonymous person gumming up a thread". How things work on forum boards and internet in general is that 90% of people use nicknames and anybody can come to an open thread and state their opinion. You may not like it, but this is perfectly normal. And the fact there's plenty of these people is a function of the company's reputation and not because internet enables anonymity or some such. It's not just "anonymous trolls" by the way, but lots of known personalities and publications who share the same opinion.

The best way to deal with negative comments is to either ignore them or explain something (in each instance, I'm afraid). If after this a person persists with repeating their stuff, then it is trolling, not before.

Overall, if this - and other At-threads - is meant strictly as an info feed then perhaps it'd be better for it to be a locked-blog style thing. Otherwise you just have to accept the negativity along the positivity.

EDIT: I see that Tanooki just jumped in with a really balanced, calm and composed post. But I guess it's okay, he's not one of the negative trolls after all.

• Like 1

And who made you the fucking town crier?

SO why don't you go STFU and go sit in a corner already?

Maybe the same people that made YOU the thread bouncer ?

c6162e83f4acd7d7ddc7dca23baadbed7beb018f

Tanooki you are not helping presenting your case like that either, lighten up on the keyboard warrior bit. :roll: I am sure the mods and admins are capable of doing their job or you could simply oh, I don't know, just report a post if you think it is trolling or inappropriate instead of trying to come off like the big man of Atariage because frankly it just comes off as pathetic. :P

post-10336-0-54657500-1541468157.jpg

• Like 1

Sooooo... back to the title topic - when will it actually be unveiled? Because saying something is officially unveiled when it hasn't been unveiled at all does not mean it's been unveiled. That's the most I've ever typed the word unveiled!

Well, the key info has been released. Additional details, including IPs, special features, pre-orders, pricing, how it all works, etc., will be released over time, including this thread.

Well, the key info has been released. Additional details, including IPs, special features, pre-orders, pricing, how it all works, etc., will be released over time, including this thread.

Ooookay, I guess I'll just keep watching then. Can we get a ballpark date? :P

Overall, if this - and other At-threads - is meant strictly as an info feed then perhaps it'd be better for it to be a locked-blog style thing. Otherwise you just have to accept the negativity along the positivity.

Do we? Is that really how it has to work? It's necessary to complain and state the same things in every thread each and every time? Sounds very productive and informative.

Ooookay, I guess I'll just keep watching then. Can we get a ballpark date? :P

Soon. There's going to be a series of press releases with each IP holder's involvement revealed. Thus far, only The Tetris Company has been confirmed. Once the next one hits, there should be regular releases to keep new info flowing.

yeah some product shots would go a long way as well as that elusive games list, the concept sounds pretty cool especially the HDMI in ability to kind of byo system (???).

It sounds like a sort of generic cabinet somehow with a console built in? In which case are the built in controls available to devices you put in the HDMI - seems quite ambitious.

I'm sure by now (and as some posters have yelled at me thanks guys) atgames are a known quantity and they know the demand for systems outside their core cheapy plug ins exists. Could this be the chosen one?

Not to play a game of semantics but I'd say pricing, IP's and "how it all works" fall under the "key info" umbrella.

I'd say the fact that it's revealed to be a full-size home arcade machine, will have 400 games, what type of control panel it will have, what the monitor will be like, etc., are all key points. It was meant as a teaser, not a "this is all of the key points," so there's nothing left to surprise, delight, or disappoint anyone with going forward. It was made abundantly clear what it was.

So if the cabinet has HDMI with the controllers be USB? It'd be pretty cool to be able to swap out consoles - like play some C64 Mini, then some PS Classic or Xbox One :D Shame you can't get USB to NES/SNES Classic plugs because chucking those into a cabinet would be neat too.

yeah some product shots would go a long way as well as that elusive games list, the concept sounds pretty cool especially the HDMI in ability to kind of byo system (???).

It sounds like a sort of generic cabinet somehow with a console built in? In which case are the built in controls available to devices you put in the HDMI - seems quite ambitious.

I'm sure by now (and as some posters have yelled at me thanks guys) atgames are a known quantity and they know the demand for systems outside their core cheapy plug ins exists. Could this be the chosen one?

The HDMI inputs are to allow use of the monitor and sound system outside of the built-in games. As one example, you can plug in an Amazon Fire Stick (there's even USB for power) right there if you wanted to use the monitor and sound system for that. It's just another nod towards flexibility with the product.

As you'll read about in the future announcements, it's going to be well beyond the hardware and capabilities of a plug and play console internally and with its feature-list. There will be some real power in there. And yes, if you want to upgrade the controls for whatever reason, you should be able to DIY that part of it as well. It uses standard arcade parts for the control panel.

As for photos, those will come in a future announcement. It looks nice to me, although I know some don't care for multi-art-designs.

• Like 4

I'd say the fact that it's revealed to be a full-size home arcade machine, will have 400 games, what type of control panel it will have, what the monitor will be like, etc., are all key points. It was meant as a teaser, not a "this is all of the key points," so there's nothing left to surprise, delight, or disappoint anyone with going forward. It was made abundantly clear what it was.

Fair enough. As I've mentioned before I'm interested and I'll try to be fair with this. I hope to not be disappointed. I don't go into these things hoping to be disappointed. Delighted would be a nice change of pace. Can you mention what distribution may be like outside the US?

• Like 1

So if the cabinet has HDMI with the controllers be USB? It'd be pretty cool to be able to swap out consoles - like play some C64 Mini, then some PS Classic or Xbox One :D Shame you can't get USB to NES/SNES Classic plugs because chucking those into a cabinet would be neat too.

That would be a neat feature, but the controls are specific to the internal hardware. The HDMI inputs are only for access to the monitor and sound system. The USB there is just for power. So yeah, you can plug in whatever you want, but you won't have access to the onboard control panel with the joysticks, buttons, and trackball (unless you hacked something yourself in that regard).

The HDMI inputs are to allow use of the monitor and sound system outside of the built-in games. As one example, you can plug in an Amazon Fire Stick (there's even USB for power) right there if you wanted to use the monitor and sound system for that. It's just another nod towards flexibility with the product.

As you'll read about in the future announcements, it's going to be well beyond the hardware and capabilities of a plug and play console internally and with its feature-list. There will be some real power in there. And yes, if you want to upgrade the controls for whatever reason, you should be able to DIY that part of it as well. It uses standard arcade parts for the control panel.

I have to admit, this sounds pretty cool. And if AtGames gets the emulation together it will be even cooler but even just being a cabinet I can use for my Pi, C64 Mini and other consoles is pretty neat and saves me building one!

Fair enough. As I've mentioned before I'm interested and I'll try to be fair with this. I hope to not be disappointed. I don't go into these things hoping to be disappointed. Delighted would be a nice change of pace. Can you mention what distribution may be like outside the US?

From what I've seen, initial distribution will only be within the US. There's actually a good reason for that to start. I'm sure once that's all behind us and everything is going smoothly, some type of international distribution plan will be put into place (but probably not for quite some time).

That would be a neat feature, but the controls are specific to the internal hardware. The HDMI inputs are only for access to the monitor and sound system. The USB there is just for power. So yeah, you can plug in whatever you want, but you won't have access to the onboard control panel with the joysticks, buttons, and trackball (unless you hacked something yourself in that regard).

Ah, okay. That's not a major though. Zero delay controllers are cheap as chips. I'm thinking it could be a cool option for my Pi. But then if it's really nice I won't want to hack it. LOL.

From what I've seen, initial distribution will only be within the US. There's actually a good reason for that to start. I'm sure once that's all behind us and everything is going smoothly, some type of international distribution plan will be put into place (but probably not for quite some time).

Thanks for the info. It's hard to find other Atgames products sometimes in stores. I know I can order a flashback 9 from the canadian versions of amazon or walmart's websites but something like this would be another animal and I wouldn't want to deal with shipping and would prefer to pick it up in person.

I have to admit, this sounds pretty cool. And if AtGames gets the emulation together it will be even cooler but even just being a cabinet I can use for my Pi, C64 Mini and other consoles is pretty neat and saves me building one!

Considering people are using the Arcade1Up cabinets to insert their own hardware with relative difficulty, they should go nuts for this thing with a lot more room to work. I'm hopeful though that the reaction to the internal hardware and the fact that it will have quite a bit of additional flexibility will make that group an even smaller number than are doing it with the Arcade1Up machines (i.e., less incentive to bother).

• Like 2

Considering people are using the Arcade1Up cabinets to insert their own hardware with relative difficulty, they should go nuts for this thing with a lot more room to work. I'm hopeful though that the reaction to the internal hardware and the fact that it will have quite a bit of additional flexibility will make that group an even smaller number than are doing it with the Arcade1Up machines (i.e., less incentive to bother).

Is the idea to be priced similar to the Arcade1UP?

Is the idea to be priced similar to the Arcade1UP?

Can't talk price yet (wish I could for several reasons, but that's definitely for a future announcement), but based on what you already know (and know of, say the Arcade1Up stuff), I'm curious what you think a fair price would be?