IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

I think that Bill mentioned something about a usb port for other controllers. Personally however, I really don't see the point. If I remember right, it's going to have a dual fightstick layout ( X2 joystick + 6 buttons ) and a trackball. That combo handles the great majority of games. Most of what it won't support are spinner based games (which are ok to leave out of something like this) and 3-4 player games (which could work.. sort of.. except there's no place to set the additional controllers, so they'd have to be hand held). Also, the more you'd use a different controller, the more I'd question why'd you'd bother to buy this cab because it seems to me you'd be better off just playing on a computer then

If AtGames has someone who knows what they're doing mapping the buttons, we're probably fine with a static button map. Also, if the cab is updatable, then they'd be able to fix it (usb update) if they blow the layout (unlike A1U). A game like Defender will always have issues on a control panel made for other games. However it shouldn't be too bad on this, because you should have in a 6 button grouping the fire/thrust on right, hyper + smartbomb in the middle, and reverse on left

My kids and their buddies are maxing out my Rampage 3 player cab every day and there's always a kid left out. This kid would gladly stand there with a control pad if it meant he could play rather than taking turns.

If possible, 4 way / 8 way locking. I am also a Q*Bert fan. If the lock could be rotated.... :)

A game list would help me make a suggestion list, Tron would need a spinner and a joystick with trigger or fire button. I don't expect anything from Disney.

Turbo, Outrun, Pole Position etc. Steering Wheel, Gas / Brake and shift.

So, until I have a game list, I cannot target anything... But I am looking forward to what comes about.

• Like 1

Oh and a big one for me...BUILT IN TURBO FEATURE.

People will have more fun, and the arcade cabs will take less of a beating. No one has to use them if not wanted. Win/win/win.

We're trying to figure out what you mean by this. ;-) Can you elaborate?

Use Sanwa/Happ Joysticks and button, allow external hook up of game consoles and other controllers/usb if possible

People need to read the first post before asking anything:

"The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine."

Then we wouldn't get so many answered questions already.

later

Perhaps it's been asked/answered already and I've missed it, but in addition to the HDMI inputs allowing display from other consoles, any chance of providing a means of using the built in controls to be the controllers for other consoles as well?

Probably not, but I'll add it to the list.

I now can't wait for my Homer cab

That's a good point, but believe me, it's not like that. The hardware is pretty much set, and, while versatile, is not a monstrosity by any stretch of the imagination. A lot of the stuff being discussed can be handled as extended functions in the software.

That's a good point, but believe me, it's not like that. The hardware is pretty much set, and, while versatile, is not a monstrosity by any stretch of the imagination. A lot of the stuff being discussed can be handled as extended functions in the software.

I didn't think that it would be like that, since it's pretty late in development, but I couldn't resist :)

People need to read the first post before asking anything:

"The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine."

Then we wouldn't get so many answered questions already.

later

.......noted.....but be cool man......

Edited by Murder after Midnight

anymore details on the hardware being used? pc based?

As I've said before, my initial attraction to the Arcade1up cabs was purely for the trackball & spinner style controls. The disappointment was in the quality of them. It's kind of a small miracle I still have fun with the 12-1 cab because the controls sure are shitty. But I do. But that means I can only imagine how much better it would be though had the controller hardware been a higher standard out of the box, and maybe more trackball games selections. So take that for what you will.

I can't say I'm all that intrigued by standard joystick games.. simply because the run-of-the-mill emulation cabs with the Street Fighter 2 CP layout have those covered in spades, and do them the same or probably better than what a commercial release would do. The ONE exception I can think that someone else above mentioned is if you somehow have the ability to toggle between 4-way & 8-way joystick movement that would make a huge difference for many of the 4-way games.. which most "do everything" emulation cabs suffer from, including my own, where the 4-way games like Pengo, Puckman, etc. just get hard to control with a standard 8-way joystick.

So if it has that.. good selection of specialized control games (trackball, etc.) with quality hardware.. AND a solution for 4-way joystick games. That'd probably be enough for me to bite. :)

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

My current MAME cab I bought years ago came with a Hotrod SE setup. It has 2 8 way sticks, each with 6 buttons next to them. Inbetween the sticks is an arcade quality trackball which doubles as a mouse ;). There was enough room that I had a spinner attached in the upper RH corner.

Forget about the spinner (user added) - the Hotrod layout I think is pretty good generically speaking. It fits in a normal arcade cabinet setup vs the X-Arcade stuff which is really wide.

Having some way to easily switch 8 top 4 way on the sticks would be awesome. Im sure some kind of 'slider' could be added to gate the stick?

Anyhow, just another suggestion.