IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

2 hours ago, magnusfalkirk said:

I can send you the link, from an earlier post of mine, on how to mod the 2018 Legends Flashback so it will play a TON of other games.

Can you send to me via Email?

My email is doubleday1999@outlook.com

If that doesn't work, you can send it to doubleday1968@gmail.com

Edited by HeavyMetalHusk
Needed to add email

Hello. I just bought Legends Flashback 100. The version I received is Fb8660B, firmware v1.0.2 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-KVg0XTGVaFis_g2OE3k37gyScYRvWdf/view). Most of the games (82) are recorded on the included SD card as SD.img. So far, I have also managed to run SNES games (.fig) and SEGA (.bin + BIOS_CD) from the SD card. I tried NES - but .nes and .dat didn't work either.

SD.img

• Like 1

Hello. I bought a legends flashback 100. The version I received is Fb8660B, firmware v1.0.2. I accidentally updated the Fb8660 firmware V. 0.1.17 :( After that I noticed that my console is Fb8660B. Now many games don't work unfortunately. Does anyone know a solution? Is there a way to restore the old, factory firmware v1.0.2?

Edited by reco69

2 hours ago, reco69 said:

Hello. I bought a legends flashback 100. The version I received is Fb8660B, firmware v1.0.2. I accidentally updated the Fb8660 firmware V. 0.1.17 :( After that I noticed that my console is Fb8660B. Now many games don't work unfortunately. Does anyone know a solution? Is there a way to restore the old, factory firmware v1.0.2?

It looks that you used wrong firmware. You can try this one, maybe it helps. 

FB8660B_20211026.img

@reco69, I didn’t see a FB8660B model on AtGames page. You appear to have a product that doesn’t exist.

https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

LEGENDS FLASHBACK 2019 
(MODEL NO: FB8660)

*Not compatible with special edition (FB8660S), download at your own risk.

LEGENDS FLASHBACK 2019 Special Edition 
(MODEL NO: FB8660S)

*Not compatible with standard edition (FB8660), download at your own risk.

Unless the boot loader got corrupted, it might be possible to update the firmware with whatever firmware you can find.

Hi guys, i've bought a Legends Flashback 2022, version Fb8660B with firmware 1.0.2.. I've tried to update the firmware with "LFB2_CFW_1.008Ghz", the custom firmware for the 2019 (100 Games) model. Unfortunately, it seems that i brick my device 🙄

So my question is: Did i something wrong, or how can i update the 2022 version to use it with the Expansion Build for Legends Flashback 1 (2018) and 2 (2019) models ? I would be very pleased if someone could help me.

Many thanks in advance and all the best, 

hpo

Edited by hpo

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, Draxxon said:

Here is an update that unlocks SFII'CE and swaps out all the stock thumbnails for Arcade Flyers and Box Art on the LFB2018.

It would be a decent base for someone who wanted to add more games to the Main UI. And to easily use box art and flyers instead of creating a bunch of custom images to match the generic/screenshot/stock thumbnails.
I swapped out all the Capcom, Namco, and Data East splash screen texts with just their respective logos.
I normalized all the display names. Like no more ALL CAPS for Namco games, for example.

Also the Featured Games were changed so only the Capcom games appear in that section.

First you're going to have to use the CFW and generate the rom and emulator folders on your SD card.

To install, just extract this archive to the root of your SD card and overwrite the files you generated with the CFW.

*On a side note: You could use just the small images in the pack for the game's thumbnail on the select screen, and don't change the large images if you want to still see a screenshot of the game on the game description screen, like stock. Or vice versa.

LFBupdate.rar 7.54 MB · 268 downloads

This LFB2018 update you shared from 2020 (MD5: 761ee53c36c6431b114815440abf6ad3)...

Is this to be applied after the arcade_update.img (MD5: c05a287dfaa0c9b680c6a06cb8b2f498)  included in the 1st message of this thread?   Or does the order not matter?

I know it's been a few years but hopefully you can remember.  :)

atgames_legends_flashback2018-arcade_update.img.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ive tried doing cfw on mine, its the 50 games model, i went to the official website and updated it then went to the cfw link posted in gba and i tried renaming the image update file, abd changing capitalization but it doesnt recognise the update file for some reason. i am currently using a 2gb toshiba sd card.

7 hours ago, pizza_rolls101 said:

ive tried doing cfw on mine, its the 50 games model, i went to the official website and updated it then went to the cfw link posted in gba and i tried renaming the image update file, abd changing capitalization but it doesnt recognise the update file for some reason. i am currently using a 2gb toshiba sd card.

Back in Aug of last year I posted this in reference to updating the 50 game 2018 console:

I was able to successfully update the Legends Flashback 2018 using these two downloads from this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

that rrifonas posted in another thread here on AtariAge. I used the arcade_update.img from the arcade_update_v2.8.4_20191204 and the retroplayer.ini, which isn't there even though it is mnetioned in the read me, from this arcade_update_v2.6_fba_mame_v2.

After I did that I loaded the LUFB_May21_2022 files from Archive.org onto a 32GB SD card and installed it into the LFB. Everything runs fine.

magnus

Hope this helps you.

6 hours ago, magnusfalkirk said:

Back in Aug of last year I posted this in reference to updating the 50 game 2018 console:

I was able to successfully update the Legends Flashback 2018 using these two downloads from this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

that rrifonas posted in another thread here on AtariAge. I used the arcade_update.img from the arcade_update_v2.8.4_20191204 and the retroplayer.ini, which isn't there even though it is mnetioned in the read me, from this arcade_update_v2.6_fba_mame_v2.

After I did that I loaded the LUFB_May21_2022 files from Archive.org onto a 32GB SD card and installed it into the LFB. Everything runs fine.

magnus

Hope this helps you.

i have all of this on the root of the sd card (as shown), the data folder just has saved points in games. ive formatted this sd to FAT32 a few different times to see if that would work but still nothing

WM-Screenshots-20230418081357.png

4 hours ago, pizza_rolls101 said:

Also i wonder if an OTG adapter would work for this, ive seen people use them to jailbreak a fire tv stick, maybe it could be used for thumb drives or other usb devices. (reference below)

2 Pack TV xStream USB Port Adapter, Micro OTG Cable, Power product image 1 of 5 slides

Okay, so let me get this straight. You have the Legends Flashback 2018 model and you're having trouble trying to flash it to play mor than the 50 games that are on there, correct?

Edited by magnusfalkirk

1 hour ago, magnusfalkirk said:

Did you follow the directions on the page that I pasted the link to? You need to unzip the update file and run the update. If you still have trouble you could send the console to me and I'll update it for you.

i just got it updated but i cant access the files on the sd card

Edited by pizza_rolls101

Could you do me a favor and check something on the SD card? Put it in your computer and open up the emulator folder and see if you have any files in there that start with retroplayer. Let me know what you find. If you don't have any retroplayer files I'll email you copies from my emulator folder. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a 2018 all set up and I wanted to add some MSX games and the extension is .zmsx. I've never seen that before. Does anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything with that extension. Is it just a renamed .rom or is there a converter? In any case I can get Vampire Killer working. Any help or info would be appreciated.  

I checked the games on my modded 2018 Legends Flashback and saw the MSX games on there. Then I checked the LUFB Dec 24 2022 folder I have on my computer. The extension on ALL the MSX games is .zmsx and I can verify that they run fine. Did you download the file I posted the link to with the games for the LFB or are you adding games on your own after modding the LFB?