IGNORED

Flimbo's Quest (WIP)

solo/ng

4 hours ago, José Pereira said:

Can't see 512KBs on altirra but 576KBs also works...

yeah should work on 576kb; this version wasnt prepared for any release it already has a big chunk of refactor for the cartridge and some additional banks are used to emule it (for now). thats why wont run on 320kb (more banks are used as "rom").

additional info: 

if you press return - it skips to next level

7 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Well, the filesize is 203K and since it ist NOT a cart., how should it work with 64K or 128K ?

Loaded it with Atari 800 Win, PAL and 1088K and it loaded  fine. But do not really know what to do. Killed dozens of figures, collected dozens of coins and there seems to be nothing new. Looks like RTFM case to me... 🙂

; ) 

In Flimbo generally you have to find blinking enemy that drops a scroll; when you pick the scroll you bring it to the shop; after few scrolls you are transported to next level; btw the shop passwords (from scrolls) are 6502 instructions (like sei or lda) and the shopkeeper shows it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sikor said:

I have 320KB Atari, but yes, 64KB will be excellent. So, any hope for this tittle yet? Maybe cartridge version will be simplest to end this?

Thats why it was on the hold (we did 9 another productions during "hold time") - because we want the game to work on 64kb Atari (from cartridge), same as on C64.

For now only one small feature is proably going to be removed (not sure yet - no final tests) to have the game working on stock xl/xe.

I know it should be finished in 2019 but after we came back to the Atari we just went all out of places (with productions), now its time to do the closures (for this and Mortal Kombat). I hope xd.

Edited by solo/ng
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Flimbo's Quest on tonight's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

WATCH IN 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ALEXANDER said:

Hi, the file doesn´t run in any emulator. Please fix the file. Thanks in advance.

try 576K compy shop with a real os rom in altirra works just fine, PAL colors are correct ntsc looks a bit green

maybe you should not say things without trying harder or asking for help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

try 576K compy shop with a real os rom in altirra works just fine, PAL colors are correct ntsc looks a bit green

maybe you should not say things without trying harder or asking for help

My sincere apologies. Here a video in honor of your efforts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

I'd say a good number of irons in the fire, juggling a great number of objects, and real life makes the pile of projects take a bit longer than most of us can imagine.

A little poking or prodding might be a reminder to keep the irons hot and the juggled objects in the rotation from time to time. It's a very nice piece of work so far.

Edited by _The Doctor__