IGNORED

Atari 7800 High Score Cartridge

atarivision

I acquired an Atari 7800 High Score Cartridge in a large lot of sealed games. I purchased the lot for the large library of sealed 7800 games although I was not particularly interested in using this High Score Cartridge. I have never opened or used it. Since the High Score Cartridge has been sitting untouched on my shelf for the past several years, I have finally decided that I may as well list it on ebay. However, I could not find any current or completed auctions as a guide. I have no idea how much this might be worth. Can anybody offer some expertise on a realistic price range for an Atari 7800 High Score Cartridge on ebay?

post-3850-0-90050800-1550550236.jpg

• Like 1

Not to get your hopes up, but what you've got there is a reproduction, as it clearly states on the bag. Frankly, all of them are reproductions, since the original was never released BITD. Anyone can make a high score cart. Here's a page for reference: http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/hsc/new_hsc/

Not to get your hopes up, but what you've got there is a reproduction, as it clearly states on the bag. Frankly, all of them are reproductions, since the original was never released BITD. Anyone can make a high score cart.

Yes, I understood that it was a hobbyist manufactured release. I simply prefer to use fixed price listings on ebay rather than auctions. That said, in order for me to create a fair and reasonable fixed price listing (not overpriced, but also not underpriced), I need at least a general idea of the value. That is why I inquired if anybody here had an opinion as to a realistic price range. In fact, since I purchased the cartridge on the secondary market in a rather large lot, I could not even place an accurate valuation on it at the time I acquired it. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how much these sold for at the time of their initial reproduction release? Is there anybody still manufacturing and selling these today?

Not to get your hopes up, but what you've got there is a reproduction, as it clearly states on the bag. Frankly, all of them are reproductions, since the original was never released BITD. Anyone can make a high score cart. Here's a page for reference: http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/hsc/new_hsc/

Hi,

Actually my first batches of the HSC's came like that, they were sold through B&C and Best. Its a legit cartridge. First I believe it was 50 were like that, the next 50 were in boxes with updated labels, after that when I saw ridiculous ebay auctions going on, I built another 25 more of them. I sold them at $59.99. If you do sell it, if the buyer wants to ship it to me, I will upgrade it to an NvRAM version modification which is my circuit that eliminates the need for a CR2032 battery and also eliminates the original GCC battery flaw design which I mimicked when I made the original batch. The upgrade is $15.

• Like 1

Yes, I understood that it was a hobbyist manufactured release. I simply prefer to use fixed price listings on ebay rather than auctions. That said, in order for me to create a fair and reasonable fixed price listing (not overpriced, but also not underpriced), I need at least a general idea of the value. That is why I inquired if anybody here had an opinion as to a realistic price range. In fact, since I purchased the cartridge on the secondary market in a rather large lot, I could not even place an accurate valuation on it at the time I acquired it. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how much these sold for at the time of their initial reproduction release? Is there anybody still manufacturing and selling these today?

I'm not making any more in that form, no. I upgrade them if anyone asks and my original idea of making a better HSC with a POKEY chip into a new plug in case morphed into a complete upgrade of the 7800 console, but thats another story all together. After those are done and shipped, whatever plastics I have left over I may just use for a high score only version and make some of those, who knows. I'm thinking of doing stuff on the 8bit computers going forward after the 7800XM's are done. I'd say put it up for auction, start the price at $50.00 and let the market decide the price and see how it goes on ebay.

• Like 1

Curt, thank you for the information. I did in fact list this in auction format on ebay a couple of days ago with a $49.00 starting bid. I am glad to see that the minimum bid I had chosen is in line with your recommendation. The market will decide. The Atari 7800 High Score cartridge along with a few other video game items can be found here:

eBay Seller: elvis-presley1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The Atari 7800 High Score Cartridge auction currently has several watchers so it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days. It is really great that you are offering an inexpensive upgrade to the cartridge as well. So hopefully this will ultimately find a good home and end up as a nice item in someone's collection.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/19/2019 at 12:48 AM, sixersfan105 said:

So wish I could view this link but it seems to be down

• Confused 1