IGNORED

New Evercade Handheld System

999galaxyB

Worms Collection 1 was announced for Evercade. The 3 worms games in the collection are  Worms, Worms Armageddon and Worms Blast!.

The version of Worms Blast! Evercade will be getting is the GBA version. The version of Worms Armageddon Evercade is getting is the PS1 version. The original version of Worms is a 16 bit version.  What I know is you are able play up to 4 players on Worms Armageddon by pass and play the same Evercade system according to blaze. 

It is a cart I would get, but more for collecting. I first heard of the series in the mid 1990's, but I never got into the series. I think Evercade getting this collection is a good edition for the system. Worms is a known franchise.  The cartridge is coming in May of 2021 according to Blaze.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, 8th lutz said:

Worms Collection 1 was announced for Evercade. The 3 worms games in the collection are  Worms, Worms Armageddon and Worms Blast!.

The version of Worms Blast! Evercade will be getting is the GBA version. The version of Worms Armageddon Evercade is getting is the PS1 version. The original version of Worms is a 16 bit version.  What I know is you are able play up to 4 players on Worms Armageddon by pass and play the same Evercade system according to blaze. 

It is a cart I would get, but more for collecting. I first heard of the series in the mid 1990's, but I never got into the series. I think Evercade getting this collection is a good edition for the system. Worms is a known franchise.  The cartridge is coming in May of 2021 according to Blaze.

Definitely collections like these and/or more from homebrewers will really help the Evercade grow imo.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Best Buy has the Premium Pack on sale for $69.99 right now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evercade-premium-pack-3-cartridge-collection-atari-vol-1-interplay-vol-1-and-dataeast-vol-1-electronic-games-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-sega-genesis/6444430.p?skuId=6444430

Weirdly, they don't seem to have any other games or carrying bags for the system.  But they have the premium pack, and they have it cheap.

So I ordered one.  And going to get my other carts and carry case from Songbird :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Best Buy has the Premium Pack on sale for $69.99 right now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evercade-premium-pack-3-cartridge-collection-atari-vol-1-interplay-vol-1-and-dataeast-vol-1-electronic-games-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-sega-genesis/6444430.p?skuId=6444430

Weirdly, they don't seem to have any other games or carrying bags for the system.  But they have the premium pack, and they have it cheap.

So I ordered one.  And going to get my other carts and carry case from Songbird :)

I hear the taxman is quite the vicious one over in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Mine is my most played system of the last eight months. Lots of great stuff already out and lots more on the way.

Ditto.  It's just so easy, play it most nights a bit before bed.  Fires right up, looks great, controls great.  For me it's been 7800 Alien Brigade /Food Fight / Ninja Golf, Yar's Return, Fighter's History, Earthworm Jim, and ClayFighter.  The Atari ones in particular are just so, so good.  Going to soon be ordering some more carts than the 3 that came with the Premium pack, definitely got to get Atari 2 for Demons to Diamonds, 7800 Asteroids, and some others.  Maaaan do I wish that they would do a few Activision cartridges, and/or Imagic.  How great would Demon Attack, Subterranea, and Seaquest be on this thing??  

Also, just got to say the reviews about the controller are no joke, it is fantastic.  I have had a lot of middling d-pads I've had to suffer through lately, and this one is just great.  ?

• Like 1

https://www.evercade.co.uk/cartridges/ has the list of all released and announced cartridges. Jaleco and Piko 2 are coming in April, Indie Heroes and Worms in May, and Codemasters coming mid-2021.

In case you're interested, Songbird carries most of the released carts and will carry the new ones, but we haven't opened pre-orders yet for the upcoming carts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting on the Evercade Premium Pack I ordered with my credit card reward points.  I watched reviews of the various cartridges on YouTube by the user, Crow Continuum, and I was impressed with what I saw.

After my unit arrives and I play with it, I'll make choices about any more games, especially the rumored arcade compilations we might see later this year.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

I am waiting on the Evercade Premium Pack I ordered with my credit card reward points.  I watched reviews of the various cartridges on YouTube by the user, Crow Continuum, and I was impressed with what I saw.

After my unit arrives and I play with it, I'll make choices about any more games, especially the rumored arcade compilations we might see later this year.

I think you'll dig it.  It's a pretty neat little unit.

I recently bought a mini HDMI converter cable so when I have time I can try outputting it to the TV.

• Like 1

I've been watching the YouTube channel, the Crow Continuum, for his Evercade cartridge reviews.  In addition to reviewing them all, he did an overall ranking of the collections from 10 all the way to number 1.

While the Data East Collection and Atari Collection 1 ranked high, he gave the best ranking to Atari Collection 2!

What do you think?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

I've been watching the YouTube channel, the Crow Continuum, for his Evercade cartridge reviews.  In addition to reviewing them all, he did an overall ranking of the collections from 10 all the way to number 1.

While the Data East Collection and Atari Collection 1 ranked high, he gave the best ranking to Atari Collection 2!

What do you think?

I don't have a big problem with having the Atari Collection 2 rank #1.  Obviously any list is bound to have a good portion of subjectivity to it.  But, again, I don't have a big problem with it.

• Like 3

My Evercade arrived on Thursday and I'm having a blast with it!  I went with the premium pack and adore the Atari Collection 1.  Next on my to-get list is the Atari Collection 2.

I'm pleased my all-time favorite video game, Burgertime, is available on the Data East Collection, even if it is the very hard NES port.

evercade1.jpg

evercade2.jpg

• Like 3

My favorite cart is Lynx 1, even though I have all of the games except CyberVirus and Megapak 1 and Xump physically. I enjoy being able to have Lynx games on the go without the physical heft of the system or the danger of harm befalling it. And I love the fact that people are being introduced to a brand new (to them) console.

My ranking so far is:

Lynx 1

Piko 1

Mega Cat 1

Oliver Twins

Tanglewood/Xenocrisis

Lynx 2

Interplay 2 (Claymates, Prehistorik Man, Rad Gravity and the Brainies)

Atari 1

Atari 2

Namco 2

Data East

Namco 1

Interplay 1

Technōs

Of all of those, the Technōs one is the only one I’m not really into. I love every single other one.

• Like 5

The Interplay collection doesn't impress me, though I love Boogerman as I owned that ages ago.

The Technos collection is one I'll avoid.  While River City Ransom is fun, I don't like how we got the NES ports of Double Dragon, Double Dragon II and Renegade; the arcade versions were far superior.

• Like 3

Interplay 2 has the best games, many of which were Titus games. Rad Gravity is a phenomenal Metroidvania from before they were a thing. The Brainies (a rebadged Skweek game) is awkwardly presented but one of the best puzzle games on Evercade. Prehistorik Man is the second best caveman action game on the Evercade after Joe & Mac 2. And Claymates is a beautifully done claymation-style platformer. Earthworm Jim 2 is more of a minigame anthology than a real action platformer, but it is visually stunning even now. About Clayfighter 2, the less said the better.

The first Interplay collection has solid action-platformers Incantation, Earthworm Jim, and Boogerman, which haven’t aged quite as well, and the divisive multidimensional Breakout-inspired Titan (which I really enjoy), but it’s definitely not as interesting. Plus Clayfighter (which is cute and looks nice but plays poorly) and Battle Chess, which is just unplayable. It’s the only total misfire on the Evercade so far - at least 2600 Tempest is interesting.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 7:43 AM, jgkspsx said:

Interplay 2 has the best games, many of which were Titus games. Rad Gravity is a phenomenal Metroidvania from before they were a thing. The Brainies (a rebadged Skweek game) is awkwardly presented but one of the best puzzle games on Evercade. Prehistorik Man is the second best caveman action game on the Evercade after Joe & Mac 2. And Claymates is a beautifully done claymation-style platformer. Earthworm Jim 2 is more of a minigame anthology than a real action platformer, but it is visually stunning even now. About Clayfighter 2, the less said the better.

The first Interplay collection has solid action-platformers Incantation, Earthworm Jim, and Boogerman, which haven’t aged quite as well, and the divisive multidimensional Breakout-inspired Titan (which I really enjoy), but it’s definitely not as interesting. Plus Clayfighter (which is cute and looks nice but plays poorly) and Battle Chess, which is just unplayable. It’s the only total misfire on the Evercade so far - at least 2600 Tempest is interesting.

Yeah!  Titan is one of those games that the Evercade was built for,  where ya pop it in and are like, Wow!  This game is Badass!   How have I not heard of this one before?   So I guess I had it all along on my Famicom EverDrive N8...And I bought it for the PC Engine after that.

46 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Which games do people here want to see in the future on the Evercade?

Excellent Question Giles!

Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade)

Star Castle (Whatever version they can figure out)

Gradius (NES or Arcade)

Mr. Do! (Arcade preferred)

Jumpman Jr. (ColecoVision)

Ultimate Qix (Genesis)

Devil's Crush (Turbografx)

Faxanadu (NES)

Deadly Towers (NES)

Targ (Arcade)

Blue Max (C64)

Dragon's Lair (Coleco ADAM)

Cybernoid (NES or C64)

Astro Blaster (Arcade preferred)

Phoenix (Arcade  or Atari)

Super Columns (Game Gear)

Breath of Fire (SNES)

Any Twisted Metal (PlayStation)

Frenzy (Arcade)

K C Munchkin  (Odyssee 2)

Revenge of the Gator (Game Boy)

Viewpoint (Neo Geo)

Any Bomberman (Any version)

Omega Race (Arcade or ColecoVision)

Joust (Any version but the NES)

Solstice (SNES)

Dark Cavern (Atari 2600)

Armor Attack II (Atari 7800 - Homebrew)

Jaki Crush (Super Famicom)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Excellent Question Giles!

Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade)

Star Castle (Whatever version they can figure out)

Gradius (NES or Arcade)

Mr. Do! (Arcade preferred)

Jumpman Jr. (ColecoVision)

Ultimate Qix (Genesis)

Devil's Crush (Turbografx)

Faxanadu (NES)

Deadly Towers (NES)

Targ (Arcade)

Blue Max (C64)

Dragon's Lair (Coleco ADAM)

Cybernoid (NES or C64)

Astro Blaster (Arcade preferred)

Phoenix (Arcade  or Atari)

Breath of Fire (SNES)

Any Twisted Metal (PlayStation)

K C Munchkin  (Odyssee 2)

Revenge of the Gator (Game Boy)

Viewpoint (Neo Geo)

Any Bomberman (Any version)

Omega Race (Arcade or ColecoVision)

Joust (Any version but the NES)

Dark Cavern (Atari 2600)

Armor Attack II (Atari 7800 - Homebrew)

Jaki Crush (Super Famicom)

I think the Evercade won’t do Arcade Ports for some strange reason, but that was a long list!

I think the compilations seems to be tied up with the Companies owning the licenses...

Would like to see a Capcom-compilation... (NES, SNES, Genesis etc).

And an Atari 5200 compilation.

And a Lynx 3 and 4 compilation: hopefully including Warbirds and Ramparts and many others...

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1