IGNORED

Defender 2000

ultravi0let

I really liked this, however I have only really given the original defender mode much playtime as I found the Defender 2000 mode too difficult. As Tempest said, the ship feels too large meaning you fly into stuff rather than shoot it.

think my high score is probably 1000 or something equally poor :)

Protector SE however :))))) 130000 (ish) must fire up D2K and compare classic defender to P:SE

I haven't actually played D2K for awhile... The classic mode was slow enough for me, lol... Defender 2000 made me feel like I was flying a bus that didn't move quick enough... Kinda like Xevious 3D/G for playstation... Too many things flying at u way too fast...

I thought the Plus mode was the best - 2K mode is just silly with the size and speed of objects. The only way to progress is to hope you get a certain powerup quickly and fly at the top of the screen. There is no fighting per se

The graphics and speed of 2K mode is impressive though.

i've just got this game through the post from E-Bay and i'm loving it, i was wondering what everyone else's view on the game is?

plus whats peoples high scores on the game?

I was never "big" on this game until I got my MAS Arcade Stick. Using that it is FRICKIN' AWESOME! It makes all the difference. In addition, as already mentioned, use the radar to play if you want to do well....

Defender 2000 in "Plus" mode is the best Side Scrolling Shooter for the Jag, bar none. In the rankings of great side scrollers, it's #1 if you take the plus mode as the mode of choice. The "2000" mode is awfully pretty, but the sprites are too big, so it's hard to play. This shortcoming drops "2000" mode to 3rd place behind "Defector SL".

I like the sound effects in D2K a lot too, and the music is pretty nice as well.

I prefer the "Plus" version, too :)

It offers full entertainment ... cool sound-fx, better handling,

better overview, more fun, awesome stroboscop-graphic-fx.

Have a look @ the ground in defender plus ... fetching!

------

PS: games which offer hot stroboscop-fx:

- Zero 5 (blasting your head away when you push "6")

- Battlesphere G (warp sequence in "Alone against the Empire")

- Tempest 2K (... flashing everywhere ... a masterpiece)

are there more?

Greetinx

Micky

I disagree with most and actually think D2K is a LOT easier than Protector. All You have to do is survive long enough to get 3 power-ups (about 30 seconds) and you get shields so you don't die right away, and after that, the power-ups just keep coming and before you know it you're all powerful with guys hanging on you shooting, your bird-like helpers killing stuff, your lazer shot, your AI droids shots, lighting bolts, etc and can wipe everything out and nothing can touch you. I regularly score about 2,000,000 on this game! Prtotector is much more difficult in my opinion. I prefer D2K a LOT more than Protector. I have a couple friends that agree too, but whatever. FANTASTIC game(s) and just all around a much better experience than Protector as far as I'm concerned. I have no problem what so ever playing D2K, I have a much harder time with Protector.

i haven't played it as much as i could of done over the last day or so, i wont to saver it and not burn it out like most of my 'new' games.

your all right about 'Plus' being better than '2000' though those graphics are sooo lovely.

i'm such a big fan of partical FX on both Tempest 2K and Defender 2K now any other games which use this on the Jag?

i'm such a big fan of partical FX on both Tempest 2K and Defender 2K now any other games which use this on the Jag?

If you're talking about pixel-shatter, the only other game I've seen using it is Protector SE, but Zero5 apparently does too.

Stone

Hmm, I never gave D2k much of a chance. The first (and only) time I played 2000, I was destroyed quickly and thought that the sprites were too big for the screen etc. So, after moving on to a game of Classic, where I lost quickly also, I pretty much put this game away for good. It seemed at the time that I'd have to put a lot of hours into this game before I'd make any significant progress. But, after reading Gunstar's post, I've played the Plus mode and have enjoyed it a great deal. Thanks Gunstar!

BTW, the title screen music is awesome. It doesn't really go with the game IMHO, but sounds great, nonetheless. :music:

I don't hate it ,I just think it's crap.The ship moves too fast and it's too large,The screen is too smallThe guys you rescue look stupid.The music is crap.The explosions are crap .The game is way too hard and boring.After playing Tempest 2000 i expected much more from Jeff Minter on this update 2000 makeover.I was very disapointed in the game.There are shareware versions of Defender that are better than Defender 2K.

I don't hate it ,I just think it's crap.The ship moves too fast and it's too large,The screen is too smallThe guys you rescue look stupid.The music is crap.The explosions are crap .The game is way too hard and boring.After playing Tempest 2000 i expected much more from Jeff Minter on this update 2000 makeover.I was very disapointed in the game.There are shareware versions of Defender that are better than Defender 2K.

:x

I completely disagree with evry single thing you said and feel EXACTLY the opposite, I thinks it all rocks!

i like 2K mode mainly because its very fast and frantic

'Plus mode is the best i agree, but, its very hard i find, probaly because 2K gives you loads of lives and Plus doesn't seems to give you any extra. then again i just might not be good enoth at it

Hi, Let me introduce my self I'm ARETHIUS, I've watching here for a long time then I decide to come among you.

I've play A plenty of time to DEF 2K, and I find it quite good, but I prefer Protector, which is much easier, and much enjoyable, I do not count the times and wanted to destroy My Jaguar because I didi n't understand why I was dead in Def 2K

Hi, Let me introduce my self I'm ARETHIUS, I've watching here for a long time then I decide to come among you.

I've play A plenty of time to DEF 2K, and I find it quite good, but I prefer Protector, which is much easier, and much enjoyable, I do not count the times and wanted to destroy My Jaguar because I didi n't understand why I was dead in Def 2K

Hello and welcome!

Umm, I'd just destroy the game if it came down to it. ;) Less expensive in the long run. :D

Saturn

Archived