IGNORED

HSC17 Round 1 Poll

Classics  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the first game of the season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/27/2020 at 12:00 PM

WELCOME EVERYONE to the first poll of Season 17!

It's multi-pick polls this season so you can vote for as many or as few as you wish, the winning game will be played and the runner up(s) are usually re-polled next time. Polling will end Saturday 18th Jan and we will start up the action!

CLASSICS

I've picked a bunch of classics for the first poll to get things up an running but be sure to add your favourites to the Season 17 Welcome and Games Suggestions thread (I'll be posting it soon if you are already reading this!) and I will use them for future polls.

Atarimania has info on the games, I've posted links to Fandal's site below but Atarionline.pl usually has several versions of each game or try the excellent Homesoft site.

Please join in and post or message me if you need any help at all

trbb

Robotron 2084

They Robots you Ron from Yorkshire?

image.png.afc5e91758578e53c247f2fc53aec1e2.png

Pac-Man

The only game that doesn't need the fire button!

(1982 original or Datasoft version with intermissions)

image.png.ab2170b4421603541998330f3067dd3c.png

Millipede

Count the legs if you don't believe me

Version with Title Screen Animations - and PAL system fixes

image.png.b332fef5dd782be124b73b2887ec31ff.png

Nibbler

Other contender for the only game that doesn't need the fire button!

image.png.6f6b9c9c2653ab599ce8768e4d702a04.png

Donkey Kong

Don't make him mad!

image.png.c37a72874862561b1309ccfdc75d47af.png

Joust

Flapping good fun!

image.png.b19dff939614606f5d17ffb3e23f8a0a.png

Missile Command

You wouldn't want to missile this one :o

image.png.95ebf51e7024c4a5b24a2edb3743625a.png

• Like 3

Some nice choices this round.  I can't recall, does Robotron have two joystick support on the Atari 8-bit version or just on the 5200?

I'm having three local "Atari friends" over tomorrow.  We're actually going to be setting up and using some expanded 600XL systems with 1050 and Indus drives.  Maybe I'll throw all of these games onto a disk so that we'll have something to play-- old school style!

Adam

• Like 2

Just now, ballyalley said:

Some nice choices this round.  I can't recall, does Robotron have two joystick support on the Atari 8-bit version or just on the 5200?

Adam

It does, and there was a plastic joystick coupler packed in with the silver big boxed cart version 

• Like 1

Even though I absolutely love Missile Command, I've plumped for Joust, as it was the first Atari 8 bit game I played, and the reason I got my parents (and grandparents) to buy me my Atari 800xl for Christmas. It came with the computer, along with a second game of my choice which was Miner 2049er. 

It would be interesting to play Joust in a somewhat competitive atmosphere, I've only ever had to compete against my dad's score, and he was fairly rubbish at it ?

I've only ever played Missile Command with a joystick, must look into seeing if it's possible with a track ball for the 8-bits, I'm sure it is

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, STARBUG said:

Even though I absolutely love Missile Command, I've plumped for Joust, as it was the first Atari 8 bit game I played, and the reason I got my parents (and grandparents) to buy me my Atari 800xl for Christmas. It came with the computer, along with a second game of my choice which was Miner 2049er. 

It would be interesting to play Joust in a somewhat competitive atmosphere, I've only ever had to compete against my dad's score, and he was fairly rubbish at it ?

I've only ever played Missile Command with a joystick, must look into seeing if it's possible with a track ball for the 8-bits, I'm sure it is

Hi bally

Yes ctrl-t (I think) enables Track-Ball mode.

remember EVERYONE it's a multi pick poll so you can vote for 1-7 games

• 2 weeks later...

The poll isn't closed yet, it may swing to another game and then where will you be if I hadn't given more of a buffer?!? :DAlready given it a few rounds, but nothing notable, even for me, yet. Playing skilled difficulty. It's been a few years...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Living on the edge my friend! No one will beat the Joust. I'm still hopeful a few more will join in so I left the R1 poll open but I am about to put R2 on now so it will close soon. The new forum does not let me lock topics which I could before so I have to use the date/time close thing ?

Round 2 POLL >>>OPEN<<<

Round 1 Joust remains open for another week, the polls overlap the 2nd week of each game.