HSC17 Round 2 Poll

Multi-Pick as many as you wish - info on post below  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Multi-Pick as many as you wish - info on post below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2020 at 12:00 AM

WELCOME EVERYONE to the *second* poll of Season 17 :D

Round 1 Joust is still open for another week, if you miss it post a late score and join in on the current round. The Round 2 Poll features the runner's up from R1 and another cracking selection of games including one smoking-hot new arcade game! Add your favourites to the Season 17 Welcome and Games Suggestions thread.

Multi-pick polls this season so vote for as many or as few as you wish, the winning game will be played and the runner up(s) are re-polled next time. Poll ends Sunday 2nd Feb

Atarimania has info on the games, I've posted links to Fandal's site below but Atarionline.pl usually has several versions of each game or try the excellent Homesoft site.

Please join in and post or message me if you need any help at all

trbb

Fire Chief

Grab your hoses and save those floppies! Great game from English Software Co,. a 2 part game, drive to the fires, then enter the buildings and put them out.

Download XEX

image.png.35aa1118db1dd00262ce39d199bd187f.pngimage.gif.02574ec73bf63ac27009b9fe81718a18.gif

Robotron 2084

Runner up from R1 Poll

Download XEX

image.png.475a7f9facbf716dab68004d5e8c201e.png

Blue Max 2001

Highly underrated but a very good sequel to Blue Max

Download XEX

image.png.0cf6e98aa9833c3204cb63e4cefd3029.png

Donkey Kong

2nd Runner up from R1 Poll

Download XEX

image.png.4e583ba383cde37aeaae6e3e8af008b3.png

RayMaze 2000
It's new and it's classic already, based on the arcade game Raimais

http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/01/raymaze-2000-new-atari-8bit-game-based.html

Download and Info on the Atariage RayMaze 2000 thread

image.png.741ede7400b17b7c8de10e1929d5c19f.png
Yoomp!

One of the best games from modern times. Bounce down the 3d tunnels

Download XEX

image.png.b1155be669317fe6813fc4b8c331fd80.png

Mr DO!

Another 10/10 er, you know what to Mr. Do!

Download XEX

image.png.f682b4bb2905eb7cf302bd1175435bee.png

3 hours ago, mimo said:

looks like I'm sitting round 2 out, for some reason my brain cannot process Yoomp

It's more or less left and right, just tilt your head and imagine you are the ball, there's two weeks to master it or at least take one for the team and muster a couple of goes, it's a game of two halves, the boys did well etc (this was your team talk) ;)

1 hour ago, Mangia-Boy said:

Donkey Kong is still a hot candidate.

Surprisingly Robotron has not repeated it's first polling near win and is languishing in last place! And what happened to Mr Do! he looked like he was walking it... DK is a great game but on the tougher side of things.

Still plenty of time to vote and play in round 1 EVERYONE :waving:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

Still plenty of time to vote and play in round 1 EVERYONE :waving:

I can't seem to vote for a second game this round? It was actually same in the last round, but I assumed I missed the deadline? Can't find a vote button, do you have to place all your votes at the same time?

2 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Surprisingly Robotron has not repeated it's first polling near win and is languishing in last place!

Since the voting is public, it is possible to compile and compare the votes for each round. In this case we see two contrasting patterns:

Robotron: Out of the 13 people who voted for it in the first round, 8 haven't cast a vote at all in the second round. Another 3 people have chosen to not vote for it this time, only 2 remaining from first round plus one new voter who didn't participate in the first round = total 3 votes so far.

Donkey Kong: Out of the 10 people who voted for it in the first round, only 2 haven't cast their vote in the second round. Only 1 person who voted for it in the first round didn't in the second round, but instead 2 people who didn't vote for it in the first round did now, plus two new voters who didn't participate in the first round = total 11 votes so far.

If these were politics, we could assume that Robotron is a middle party with volatile voters who might go for any other party, while Donkey Kong is quite solid on either side of the political spectrum with loyal voters, though sometimes the total might be fewer. Personally I don't belong to either of those parties, but I'll play along with whichever government we end up with for the next two weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, therealbountybob said:

Unfortunately my plans for global domination have been thwarted! Just post here Starbug (anyone else) if you wanted other choices too and I'll factor them in.  Yes CHECK ALL BOXES BEFORE CLICKINGON THE VOTING BUTTON :)

Thanks. I'll be honest, I don't even what to vote for (my first vote was Mr Do!). I've never played DK (though I've seen the King Of Kong doc), Yoomp or Robotron. Think I'll go for DK, just because I've been wanting to give it a try for years now. If the votes are tied, stick me down for DK, but I'm happy to try any of the others either way

• Like 1

Hot damn, this is an embarassment of riches.  Never played Fire Chief, but it looks pretty good to me.  I'm not a fan of BM2001 myself, and I'm sure there will be DK and R2084 players that blow everyone else out of the water, but all of these should be good for competition and are super playable.

• Like 1