IGNORED

IntelliVania for the Mattel Intellivision coming 2020

Rev

26 minutes ago, skywaffle said:

The keypad is only used for pausing with 1 and 9.   The Intellivision can't register key presses and disc presses completely separate from each other.   I had found this out while trying to implement an alternate control scheme that would have allowed the controller to be held sideways, and using the keypad as face buttons, similar to an NES controller.

Ack, that's right!  :dunce:   It's why some people would double-fist games like Nightstalker and Tron Deadly Discs.  :lol:

Thanks for the information, why not, but don't forget the gamers like me that love to play games on emulation ;)
I buy many cool games in 2019 on Megadrive, C64, Nes ... it's soo cool and i really want to buy this games if you don't give the rom for free.
I really wish to play your game on a modern TV with a modern BT controler ;)

On 1/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, skywaffle said:

It runs on ordinary Intellivision hardware and does not make use of ECS.  I am currently undecided about a digital version yet.

Frankly that is the most impressive part of your work.  You made it work on the original hardware, using today's tools.  Didn't need an additional homebrew unit like some other other systems, which IMO is cheating and not in the spirit of the original programmers on said console. 

I DO hope you decide on a digital release though.  I would pay some $ to play it on the LTO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greg2600 said:

Frankly that is the most impressive part of your work.  You made it work on the original hardware, using today's tools.  Didn't need an additional homebrew unit like some other other systems, which IMO is cheating and not in the spirit of the original programmers on said console. 

You can say this for all the Intellivision homebrews.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, Jinks said:

Wow your making a ton of great games with no add on required. This makes me want to buy my first intellivision  homebrew. This is in a league of its own.  

It’s interesting what’s happening with the Intellivision. At the same time there’s the big Amico launch looming, the old platform is going through a golden age of homebrew development. I too bought my first homebrew just recently, and look forward to buying others in 2020.

The topic of add ons reminds me of other platforms as well. That age old debate about merits of upgrading the original hardware...

I think there’s room for everyone to enjoy whatever they want. Of course you can get better games with enhanced hardware. That is exciting, as well as squeezing everything out of the original platform is also interesting to see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

It’s interesting what’s happening with the Intellivision. At the same time there’s the big Amico launch looming, the old platform is going through a golden age of homebrew development. I too bought my first homebrew just recently, and look forward to buying others in 2020.

The topic of add ons reminds me of other platforms as well. That age old debate about merits of upgrading the original hardware...

I think there’s room for everyone to enjoy whatever they want. Of course you can get better games with enhanced hardware. That is exciting, as well as squeezing everything out of the original platform is also interesting to see.

An add on like that for the Colecovision was on development, but cancelled. But after all, the Intellivision is pretty capable to handle impressive games!

5 hours ago, cmadruga said:

(...)

even though not all the new homebrews have been programmed with it, let's all thank the Intybasic and its creator, Óscar Toledo Gutierrez

• Like 10

3 hours ago, intellivotion said:

even though not all the new homebrews have been programmed with it, let's all thank the Intybasic and its creator, Óscar Toledo Gutierrez

Agreed.  IntyBASIC is such a wonderful development platform, and for me brings a lot of the joy I used to get typing programs in BASIC on older computers.  Seeing a BASIC compiler for the Intellivision was the sole reason for even attempting to make a game for the console.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Intymike said:

You can say this for all the Intellivision homebrews.

Very true.  There's something about the Intellivision graphically as is, that's just very unique.  The system displayed a good deal of color, and the games looked cartoony in a good way, particularly without needing the type of detail seen on say Colecovision.  Again, makes it quite unique.