IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

On 3/2/2020 at 10:07 AM, Sauron said:

This entire quote here sums it all up brilliantly and succinctly. At one time I thought I was alone in having had one person ruin a hobby for me. I don't want to say I'm glad I'm not the only person, though...but it's nice not feeling like I'm alone in that regard anymore. Anyone still covering for him, or still "on the fence" because he hasn't specifically wronged them, needs to suffer the same fate of banishment from this hobby.

Its amazing how many self obsessed, self serving, narcissistic assholes there are out there. The pattern is the same, lies serving their own purpose and slander while destroying the community they allege to support. And I completely agree just saying ‘ignore it’ will not make the problem go away if you know it exists. It’s giving the go ahead that the behaviour is accepted.

If this retribution train is making any more stops I’d be more than happy for it drop by the ‘0711spiel guy’. I’m aware he’s caused no end of shit for the Atari scene over the years, myself included, and is without a doubt made from the same stuff as KH. What drives these people I will never know, but the world would be a immeasurably better place without them.

• Like 9

Kieren is a bit of a twat isn't he?

There was a member on Retro gamer and Retro Canteen called clarence who was a bit of a prickly character, and did not get on with a few people, especially Kieren. Cue a few nasty private messages from K and then all of a sudden there were rumours that Clarence had smacked his wife around at a retro event. 

Despite claims from people who were there that they did not recall anything happening, the rumours gained traction and after a few subtle digs and a bit of banter, Clarence blew his top on retro canteen in a spectacular fashion. Including offering to meet other members of the Forum in Motorway car parks for a fight.

Guess who made the story up, yep, Kieren. He sent the messages to the people who already had issues with clarence, knowing that they would wind him up about it.

Seems his standard M.O.

• Like 3

Somehow “someone” has managed to find my long forgotten waiting list account on a very small queueing system related website to order a Horace plush which obviously I no longer make because of THE OBVIOUS.

Interestingly the troll account restarted within the same 24hr period and discussed plushies. They would have had to have looked HARD for that list, as I thought I’d purged the lot from my twitter time line which as far as I know was the only place it ever existed as a link. Luckily it was just a simple queueing system and involved no money.

Now I’ve realised it was still there (it hadn’t been used in probably just under a year) I’ve nuked it. But the google search to find that must have been so specific it’s someone looking to find that very thing. My fault for not remembering at the time but obviously I wasn’t in my best state.

Getting dull really isn’t it. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, RetroPrincess said:

Somehow “someone” has managed to find my long forgotten waiting list account on a very small queueing system related website to order a Horace plush which obviously I no longer make because of THE OBVIOUS.

Interestingly the troll account restarted within the same 24hr period and discussed plushies. They would have had to have looked HARD for that list, as I thought I’d purged the lot from my twitter time line which as far as I know was the only place it ever existed as a link. Luckily it was just a simple queueing system and involved no money.

Now I’ve realised it was still there (it hadn’t been used in probably just under a year) I’ve nuked it. But the google search to find that must have been so specific it’s someone looking to find that very thing. My fault for not remembering at the time but obviously I wasn’t in my best state.

Getting dull really isn’t it. 

Sounds like a desperate plea for attention from him. He doesn't want us to forget that he exists. Don't worry, Kieren, we won't ever forget. Ever.

• Like 6

On 2/10/2020 at 8:56 AM, Lost Dragon said:

We really should keep a tab on all the usernames and accounts linked to kieren over the years.

Jagfest 

Lynx_god 

Mr Kizza

The Laird

LairdofForsyth 

Retro Originals.

Beastfromthesouthwest 

Forza77

Jane

Beast666 now Rogue Trooper 

Retrogirl 

Jasonjohnson 

Minerals 

I do believe Kizza's younger brother goes by Minerals. By all accounts he's a nice fella, very much the opposite of old K himself.

Yes he does but there was an incident related to getting banned from RVG forums i believe where Kieren was using the Minerals name to promote the TL (short for The Laird) account. In fact TL should probably be included too.

@RetroPrincess you should have taken the order, then posted a turd emoji one in its place.

Edited by Welshworrier
TL added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Yes he does but there was an incident related to getting banned from RVG forums i believe where Kieren was using the Minerals name to promote the TL (short for The Laird) account. In fact TL should probably be included too.

@RetroPrincess you should have taken the order, then posted a turd emoji one in its place.

Ah fair play Welsh, didn't know that. I wasn't around RVG.

Here's something that has just occurred to me. A lightbulb flashes into life.

I code games and have been trying to get a couple of projects off the ground for a few years now, games retro and modern (a couple of paperback print works) and a few other bits.

Anyway, I was talking in FB PM to someone about one of these print projects

and the guy (I won't say who it was, someone very well known, and very well known to the UK retro community) kept mentioning the importance of reimbursing freelancers who had done work on it. I thought that it was a mighty strange thing to say at the time and I still do now.

I've worked with a whole bunch of people on ill-fated games- Artists, Musicians and every one of my collaborators got paid and in full. On projects that gained me no money at all. I still hope some of these come to fruition. 

In one specific case I had my computer go down and this meant the artist got a delayed payment which I really regretted but that was fully explained to the artist in question. I was not in a position to pay him in person as we live hundreds of miles apart.

I wonder, was Kizza doing his thing on me? If he had gotten wind of my projects through others we mutually know and then told lies about me not paying contributors?

Edited by Guest
'which' not 'with'

6 hours ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

I do believe Kizza's younger brother goes by Minerals. By all accounts he's a nice fella, very much the opposite of old K himself.

Very recent events are suggesting that this "nice fella" has been attending events and supplying his brother with information and helping fuel the fires.

Edited by Landstalker

Oh look, 3 months to the day since their last post, Beast66618 reappears... Almost like a 90 day ban expired. Update, now see that they have been posting replies but no new tweets, all of them rehashing old unfounded rumours and no original content - yet another sign of it being Kieren.

Btw that's an interesting email address from February 29th , almost like an internet reputation management company. I mean you don't see many @jenraygenre.com 

Screenshot_20200304-073051__01.jpg

Edited by Welshworrier
Further checks show not banned, just lots of 23:30 based posting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

It was RETROGAMER Forum, not RVG.

People were promised a full and transparent investigation into the incident by the team (never happened). 

Minerals account was permanently banned,Kieren 'welcomed back into the fold' as a forum user and magazine Freelancer by the editor and used by the magazine up until being dropped around a year ago.

That's the official version of events/company line stuff...

;-) 

• Thanks 2

Kieren's Atari ST A to Z volume 1 review guide text:

The original Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom arcade game was released by Atari Games in 1985 and was based on the 1984 film of the same name, which was the second film in the ever popular Indiana Jones franchise. It is also the first Atari System 1 arcade game to include digitised speech, including voice clips of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Amrish Puri as Mola Ram, as well as John Williams’ classic music from the film.

ThevWikipedia entry for the same title:

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is a 1985 action arcade game developed and published by Atari Games, based on the 1984 film of the same name, the second film in the Indiana Jones franchise.[2] It is also the first Atari System 1 arcade game to include digitized speech, including voice clips of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Amrish Puri as Mola Ram, as well as John Williams' music from the film.

As Lorfarius and others have made clear, material submitted to them for their projects and publications, that Kieren wanted to be recognised and rewarded for, was not his own work.

Let the evidence speak for itself.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In this digital world we live in screenshots are king. Screenies of both would serve as 

better evidence, that way there is no doubting the validity of any claim. People will have

to go searching out the proof, easier to supply it in the first place. 

Edited by neo_rg
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, neo_rg said:

In this digital world we live in screenshots are king. Screenies of both would serve as 

better evidence, that way there is no doubting the validity of any claim. People will have

to go searching out the proof, easier to supply it in the first place. 

Even then in the case of these A to Z guides, yet to be put into Compedium book editions, Kieren will just do what he has with the Amiga Volume 1 (with it's Agony art theft claim)  and C64 Volume 2 (C64 Victory Road review)..

Pull the digital volumes,make edits/submit alternative title and put digital versions back on sale.

All we are effectively doing is proof reading the damn things for him, so the Compedium Editions don't have the mistakes in them.

He will also claim Sample Pages differ and are taken from earlier editions. 

And we are back to square one.

His blatant copy pasting from wiki content needs to be highlighted and kept for future reference. If he keeps having to redo his books because of it then all the better. People buying older paper and hardback editions will be eligible for a refund or and updated book free of charge.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Landstalker said:

Very recent events are suggesting that this "nice fella" has been attending events and supplying his brother with information and helping fuel the fires.

He has been attending events. He has been attending events with or without his brother for years.

You might be right on this, Landstalker, but as I don't know who you are I can't take that at face value. I'm going on what lots of people have told me over the years.

I tried to add him on facebook once and he wouldn't so it is not as if I have any reason to side with him, either.