IGNORED

Robinson's Requiem at AGE

jaysmith2000

Greetings Everyone,

Clint Thompson of Ambient Distortions will be showing Robinson's Requiem for the Jaguar at AGE. This is not an early beta, but a complete and fully playable conversion that was done in April of 1996. I have been working at length in securing the rights to release this game, but have ran into some roadblocks. Nonetheless, everyone that attends AGE will have the opportunity to try the game out. It really is quite fun!

I will keep you posted as we progress in securing the rights to release this game.

Jason

Hello,

Clint Thompson of Ambient Distortions will be showing Robinson's Requiem for the Jaguar at AGE.  This is not an early beta, but a complete and fully playable conversion that was done in April of 1996.  

It is wonderful just to know that this piece of art and history still exists, and can now displayed to the public. I had thought this lost with other treasures, in fact I find it astonishing that it's finished, most excellent!

I have been working at length in securing the rights to release this game, but have ran into some roadblocks.  Nonetheless, everyone that attends AGE will have the opportunity to try the game out.  It really is quite fun!

I look forward to some interesting reports on this, and if possible some screenshots, although if they have to be ones from the ST I understand.

I will keep you posted as we progress in securing the rights to release this game.  

This is exactly the sort of thing to be applauded! Your actions are most appreciated, and if anybody else should be able to help you, just ask!

Regards,

Richard / JustClaws.

Greetings Everyone,

Clint Thompson of Ambient Distortions will be showing Robinson's Requiem for the Jaguar at AGE.  This is not an early beta, but a complete and fully playable conversion that was done in April of 1996.  I have been working at length in securing the rights to release this game, but have ran into some roadblocks.  Nonetheless, everyone that attends AGE will have the opportunity to try the game out.  It really is quite fun!

Jason

That's great news! I'm glad to hear you're showing this lost jewel off!

I can attest to Jason's post. The game is defintely a later beta version. Most copies that I've seen of the game were only Alpha stage stuff.

It will be great if Jason can get special rights secured for the game. It will make a nice edition for anyones Jaguar CD game collection.

Glenn

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on a proper release too! I'm sure seeing it in action will only make me even more anxious for it's release! Thanks again to Jay Smith for letting us show this at AGE!

Greetings Everyone,

Clint Thompson of Ambient Distortions will be showing Robinson's Requiem for the Jaguar at AGE.  This is not an early beta, but a complete and fully playable conversion that was done in April of 1996.  I have been working at length in securing the rights to release this game, but have ran into some roadblocks.  Nonetheless, everyone that attends AGE will have the opportunity to try the game out.  It really is quite fun!

Jason

This is the coolest forum in the entire world. :D

]

Jason

it will be hard since Silmaris closed 3 month ago :( ...... good luck with your contacts to do that :)

Actually, they closed in April. :( I have been in contact with the Jaguar programmer and I'm working on getting in touch with the owners of Simarils (Andre and Louis-Marie Rocques). Any assistance anyone can provide (especially those of you living in France) would be greatly appreciated!

We'll get some actual screenshots of the Jaguar version posted soon.

Thanks again for all the support. :)

Jason

Actually, they closed in April.  :(  I have been in contact with the Jaguar programmer  

Jason

Very cool you managed to get in touch with him ! :)

Btw, do you know how far did they go with the development of Deus ? Ishar Genesis/Trilogy ?

Hi Jason,

sorry for my question.

The version you have is 100% complete or "just" more than the beta version.

It would be fantastic to have this game on the Jag. I've loved it....

Good Luck with Simarils.....hope they give you the rights!!

Best regards,

tst

Hi Jason,

sorry for my question.  

The version you have is 100% complete or "just" more than the beta version.

It would be fantastic to have this game on the Jag. I've loved it....

Good Luck with Simarils.....hope they give you the rights!!

Best regards,

tst

No problem, questions are welcome. I've used the walkthrough to play it into the caves. I got killed and quit, but have every intention of playing it all the way through. This is definitely not a Beta, I have the PC version and it plays the same, menus are complete, credits, title screen, the works. If it was a beta, I'd get simple rights, dump it on CDR's and distribute through Ambient Distortions for $10.00 a copy like Clint did with BIWN. Clint and I have some big plans for it that should make it a fun release for everyone to enjoy and at the same time create a real collectible for the die-hard Jag collectors.

We'll work on getting some screenshots posted for everyone. Trust me, you will not be disappointed in this title. :)

Jason

If anyone's interested in checking out the PC version of Robinson's Requiem, you can download it from Home of the Underdogs:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=913

Interesting--I haven't downloaded it to try it out, but they didn't seem to like it very much. However, out of 194 votes it's gotten a score of 8.0 out of 10, not bad. Thanks for the link!

..Al

Archived