IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

11 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

… really focus on a single main point and don’t walltext…

3 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Or you could have just messaged him privately (PM is a thing), no?

In the end you do you (means it’s really your call), byut a second wall of text after you said you’d take the advice on the meme to the first wall of text … makes it look like you didn’t take the advice.

Ok, let me nitpick a tiny bit: you was one paragraph short of ‘a wall of text’, compared to the one you quoted from me. Perhaps then lets get to back Evercade.

Yes, I could’ve PM’d him. Guess I should’ve. Don’t have a time machine, so lets get back to discussing Evercade.

1 hour ago, madman said:

So, who's looking forward to the Thalamus cart?

I personally need to do a better job of actually playing these cartridges rather than just collecting them. That's also part of the reason why I'm interested in a third form factor, as it further increases my odds of playing something from the collection.

• Like 3

I am really looking forward to the Thalamus Collection. It looks to be maybe the biggest group of good games we've gotten in years. Fingers crossed the reputation of these games is merited.

I play Evercade more than any other system at this point, largely because of the high score challenges I am involved in. Switch is second and Lynx is third, followed by Analogue Pocket and... Vectrex and Genesis I guess?

I think I have played every game on the Evercade at this point except for a handful of C64 3 games, including the hidden and dual cart unlocks and this year's Game of the Month.

• Like 1

Speaking of Game of the Month, we have a new one: Nyghtmare: The Ninth King. This was published physically for GBC by @Fadest:

A lot of people on Discord are kinda down on it but I liked it when I played it on GBC and still like it now. Jumping feels a little funny but you get used to it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Or you could have just messaged him privately (PM is a thing), no?

Wait, who will read his posts and sum them up for me, then? 🥺

6 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I personally need to do a better job of actually playing these cartridges rather than just collecting them.

Same. I still have to open my two latest carts. 😩 Also right now I'm playing Endless Ocean on Switch but I'm stalling, I already bought Paper Mario and an indie game, I'm playing Dead Space on Xbox but still at the beginning, and I got two other games on PC. 😰

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I personally need to do a better job of actually playing these cartridges rather than just collecting them. That's also part of the reason why I'm interested in a third form factor, as it further increases my odds of playing something from the collection.

Now that's one way to justify a purchase. The reason you're not playing the games is because you only have 2 ways to play them, by spending money on a third method you'll definitely play them. If I were you I'd double down and get both Alphas. You won't have any free time left.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, madman said:

Now that's one way to justify a purchase. The reason you're not playing the games is because you only have 2 ways to play them, by spending money on a third method you'll definitely play them. If I were you I'd double down and get both Alphas. You won't have any free time left.

Partially tongue-in-cheek, but also a hopeful affirmation vis-a-vis my project/work load. Like I'm sure everyone else, I have lots of plans, ambitions, and ideas, including practical, educational, and entertainment-related that I'll probably never get around to, but it doesn't mean I won't keep trying or, sometimes, "hoping." Mixing in "have more fun" is one of the latter.

And your joke might even come true. It depends if IGN comes through with a review unit. I only personally ordered the one.

• Like 1

"I can already play these games on multiple portable, convenient, battery-powered devices I already bought and I can also already play them on my television with a full size controller of my own choosing. But instead I'm going to choose to play them hunched over an 8 inch screen with cramped controls and no portability."

Maybe they'll come out with a fifth model that has no screen at all and is only controlled with a broken third party Gamecube controller. That'll be the best one yet!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

"I can already play these games on multiple portable, convenient, battery-powered devices I already bought and I can also already play them on my television with a full size controller of my own choosing. But instead I'm going to choose to play them hunched over an 8 inch screen with cramped controls and no portability."

If you're into retro gaming and computing, you HAVE to have at least a dozen copies of the same game, some acquired legally, and some not, and another dozen different ways to play them, including some that are a bit janky. If you don't have maximum redundancy, you're doing it wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2024 at 8:49 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

When I was with AtGames, we had similar issues.

If you ever bump into anybody who worked on that 'atgames legends gamer mini's' controller, please high-five them for me, or yourself as appropriate.

Well selected clone controls, neat cabling, and that routed-mdf panel stabilizing the plastic tub makes it feel much heavier/sturdier than it deserves to be. It impressed one hard-to-please jerk on the internet, anyway.

7QiZT8e.png

• Like 1

So last night I noticed Donut Dodo in the latest fanatical bundle while I was buying into that.

Which tripped in my memory that it was also in that new evercade indie heroes 3. ...over in the pile that I hadn't even bothered to open yet, and I should give it a go. Then I started noticing all the youtube videos, fanfare, accolades--and huh, this one really slid under my radar. Very charming--it reminds me a little of a great many things, and plays well on evercade. I really like those native titles. 👍

I kind of want to 'get reasonably gud' and see if I can track down the exA-Arcadia one in the wild.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1