IGNORED

Atari 2600 in movies or TV shows

OldSchoolRetroGamer

43 minutes ago, Greenfuzz said:

The filmed in 1981 horror/thriller EVIL JUDGMENT has a boxed Atari next to a TV in a living room. The box is standing on its side. In a later scene, the console can briefly be seen on a table. 

I dont remember that movie.  Cant find it online and even used vhs copies on ebay are very expensive.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:49 AM, Ecernosoft said:

That was hard to see without the circle!! Nice job finding it!

Seeing The Thing was from 1982 and it took about twelve week to film it and it's release date was on June 25, 1982 in the US and the "Four Switch" model introduced in 1981 I say the model we see in the film could be the "Four Switch" version but there's a good chance it could be the “Light Sixer” but we may never know until someone as a higher image photos of some behind the scene filming pictures showing the unit in full.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/8/2024 at 12:29 AM, GameGirl420 said:

I was watching Three's Company on local TV online recently and took this screen shot as it happened...

3s.jpg

Yes that one was discussed before.  I believe it was furley vs furley.

Edited by 0078265317

18 hours ago, BillDMatt said:

what game is he playing?

Had to rewatch.  The clip is so brief, I couldn't take it all in and had to pause just at the right time. Looks like a fake Space Invaders. Why they couldn't use the real thing, I don't know.  Actually, I can guess why. As it is a crt tv, he probably isn't actually playing anything when they filmed it and had to add a game onto the crt screen in post production, otherwise the picture would've looked terrible. They probably didn't really care much about 100% accuracy.

Edited by insertclevernamehere
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...